Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

I was surprised to find on their forum that it was almost universal praise. I think he missed a penalty for them in the playoffs which was their only negative really. 

cbs that can play right back tend to get good technical players, and mobile, which is what RM is after, however that usually comes at a cost in terms of physical strength and power/domination in the air. I've not watched him closely at CB for Everton, so don't know if that part of his game is weakness or not. If not, then he will be fine. 

If Wood comes too, we will have a nice mix of ages 22, 26, 27 and 29 at the CB position if nothing else.

• Like 1

This window is becoming worse and worse by the day. If Tella is being sold then Ryan Fraser on loan had better not be the replacement. If that's the standard we are going for then god only knows who they have up their sleeve to replace Adams. If Che was that close to being out the door then there better be a decent explanation for not pursuing Piroe.

• Like 6

I genuinely cannot believe we've let the most obvious replacement who can slot straight in, go to leeds (ready to play for this game week) and (apparently) left Adams out because he's clearly being sold. 

What a pathetically unambitious club we are 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Dman said:

I genuinely cannot believe we've let the most obvious replacement who can slot straight in, go to leeds (ready to play for this game week) and (apparently) left Adams out because he's clearly being sold. 

I can believe it

11 minutes ago, Dman said:

Probably the same person who told him we had a winger in for a medical today before the news broke.

Clearly has some info from someone. 

Neither would surprise me.  We must be expecting a wide-departure with Fraser arriving.

& Che is (you would have thought) gettable for most Prem sides.

1 hour ago, Dman said:

I've said a few times now - almost certain the thought process behind Holgate is to play him RB

he didn't play last season, but the season before, 21/22, he played exclusively at CB for the entire season for Everton. The season before 20/21 he played mostly at rb for Everton. He's going to be an option at both positions.

• Like 2

Just now, Chez said:

he didn't play last season, but the season before, 21/22, he played exclusively at CB for the entire season for Everton. The season before 20/21 he played mostly at rb for Everton. He's going to be an option at both positions.

Wouldn't surprise me if Holgate on loan is the replacement for KWP rather than as a CB, especially if we are still in for Wood.

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Shame the link with Vyner seems to have disappeared. Their fans are desperate to keep him and said he was their most improved player. 

Won't he be very expensive? Prem money needed perhaps?

Just now, Harry_SFC said:

If Tella is off I'm guessing Painstil was our first choice replacement. He turned us down so we've panicked and got Fraser in on loan instead. 

This is what will have happened I reckon. Not holding my breath for the Piroe alternative to be honest...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dman said:

You’ve got to admire it 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Imagine losing both of them and looking at who we've brought in. The success of this transfer window and indeed our season will hinge now almost entirely on what happens to four players imo (ABK, Tella, Adams and KWP). 

Neither have gone and the window hasn't closed. Relax Hypo. 

• Like 1

On a positive note, playing at home to QPR tomorrow is perfect timing. If we look absolutely toothless at home against one of the worst sides in the league then perhaps that is for the best in terms of generating some urgency for quality, thoughtful replacements rather than cast-off Premier League squad players on loan.

16 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

I'm resigned to Adams leaving.

Hopefully Tella is just injured as i'd be gutted if he leaves, especially if the replacement is a poor loan like Fraser.

Tella to Fraser. Depressing downgrade, but we were relegated, so we can't expect to get stronger when we replace outgoing players like JWP etc.

8 minutes ago, James said:

This window is becoming worse and worse by the day. If Tella is being sold then Ryan Fraser on loan had better not be the replacement. If that's the standard we are going for then god only knows who they have up their sleeve to replace Adams. If Che was that close to being out the door then there better be a decent explanation for not pursuing Piroe.

What if Tella is being sold, but Sulemana is staying and Fraser has been added to the squad? 

Just now, egg said:

What if Tella is being sold, but Sulemana is staying and Fraser has been added to the squad? 

We are still worse off. Sulemana has produced basically zero in terms of attacking output since he's been here whereas Tella was one of the best players in this league last year and has had a direct involvement in us winning the two games we have. Still a complete gamble IMO and no doubt if he is half decent Sulemana will be angling for a move away as soon as he is able. 

• Like 1

It’s astonishing some of the narratives people are managing to construct in their mind and then get upset about. We’re apparently of the verge of securing a very low risk loan for a decent player, with plenty of experience at this level and the one above. You’d think people would be positive but apparently this somehow proves we’re a pathetic club with no ambition and our only other signing is going to be a one legged LB from the Chad second division.

A week before the January window closed, some people were convinced our only business would be signing Andre Ayew on loan. Let’s maybe wait and see?

• Like 14

Holgate, assuming we also sign Wood, is decent enough and leaves us with 4 good CB options assuming Lyanco and ABK go. Could see a loan for ABK.

Fraser obviously less appealing but largely depends on who he is replacing. If getting him means one of Tella or Sulemana goes but one stays then its not so bad. There is also Djenepo, whose days are surely nunbered.

Hopefully we can keep either Tella or Sulemana and then with Edozie, SAA, Fraser and the option of Arma/Stu thats a pretty strong pool of options.

Holgate is better than Lyanco and is a low risk move so hard to really knock that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dman said:

You've got your head in the sand somewhat here. We all know how this ends.

Far from it. There's more wet fannie's on here in the last 24 hours than you'll find in a brothel.

Adams was always going, ditto Tella. We still have Sulemana for the wide positions. Fraser as an extra body. We'll replace Adams , who everyone thought was shit until a few weeks ago but all of a sudden he's irreplaceable. We still have AA, etc.

No head in the sand, I'm just not flapping like others. 

SR want and need promotion. They'll look after their asset. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

https://x.com/swanseacitylive/status/1695030810842214421?s=46&t=7raSKCMt6LV8RJ1C2d39WQ

This says we were in advanced negotiations for Piroe and he was keen to come but the efforts of Leeds meant he went there in the end.

Where was it that said yesterday that we declined to bid? I guess both can be true. 

I imagine the feeling more wanted by Leeds stuff comes down to the fact we were quite open about the fact we’d only be signing a striker (in this case, Piroe) if Ché left. 

Leeds took advantage and went flat out while Everton and co kept us in limbo.

Just now, egg said:

Far from it. There's more wet fannie's on here in the last 24 hours than you'll find in a brothel.

Adams was always going, ditto Tella. We still have Sulemana for the wide positions. Fraser as an extra body. We'll replace Adams , who everyone thought was shit until a few weeks ago but all of a sudden he's irreplaceable. We still have AA, etc.

No head in the sand, I'm just not flapping like others. 

SR want and need promotion. They'll look after their asset. 

We've just let our replacement walk to Leeds. That's the issue. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

It’s astonishing some of the narratives people are managing to construct in their mind and then get upset about. We’re apparently of the verge of securing a very low risk loan for a decent player, with plenty of experience at this level and the one above. You’d think people would be positive but apparently this somehow proves we’re a pathetic club with no ambition and our only other signing is going to be a one legged LB from the Chad second division.

A week before the January window closed, some people were convinced our only business would be signing Andre Ayew on loan. Let’s maybe wait and see?

Firstly Fraser hasn't shown much sign of being a good player for the last 4 years. His last decent season was 18-19.

If he's a supplement to our current first xi that's 1 thing but if(and it currently is an if) he's a replacement for a first teamer then there's nothing to be positive about