Saints 3-3 Spurs - Match Thread

whelk

Just now, Convict Colony said:

perfect thanks - thats as good as a guarantee we will win as possible.

Haha fingers crossed.

Alcaraz and Sulemana have seemed like two of our only players capable of creating some sort of moment in recent times. Going to be a hell of a lot of sideways passing and struggling to make a final pass, when we do actually have the ball that is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

I suppose you could say at least this team has won and scored in the premier league before so fuck it I am onboard.

How low the bar is set. We'll be celebrating when we take a throw in that actually goes to one of our players next...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Colinjb said:

Moi is playing, that settles it, i'm taking the kids out this afternoon.

Even if he wasn’t playing, taking the kids out would be the better option. Far more fulfilling. They might let you down and piss you off but when was the last time Saints ever said I love you Daddy or apologised for their poor performance? 

2 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

What is the point in actually giving a shit, when he continues to pick the complete waste of space Elyounoussi.

2 in midfield?    Where the fuck is Alcaraz?

Kane, Son and co rubbing their hands

0-4

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

We’ve seen this experiment enough now to be able to read this logic and deduce from it that Selles is not good enough, sadly. I don’t think Elyounoussi has “made a penetration” all season.

At least we have Mara and Armstrong to come on at the 60th!

Red zone? How long was I asleep for?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

What exactly do managers see in Moi?

Starting with 10 men again eh?

It's beyond ridiculous because he offers nothing. And today we drop Alcaraz the only bloke who looks capable of scoring in open play.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OttawaSaint said:

Great so just low block it up to Moi in the red zone, press it...press it...penetrate and recycle it to JWP, he can the enter against the ball into the twilight zone.

Since it's the twilight zone, Saints WIN!!!

The red zone makes about as much sense as the zonal marking we employ'

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, saintant said:

He's not.

He will I can feel it my plums, his name has been spoken far too much in the last 24hrs considering how shit he has been, its the universal's way to let us know its about to fuck with us.

Moi goal - you heard it here 1st.

If I am wrong I will drink beer.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

Im off to watch the last 80km of Milan-San Remo, I really can’t be arsed to engage with this lot any more.

Same here. Last 15km should be during half time but I am less enthused by the football, hopefully the two players who have looked like creating/scoring will be on the pitch second half.  

Who do you fancy for the win?

We spent £60m to try and strengthen the team and Elyonoussie, Adams and Walcott is the answer. I'm afraid Selles is the academic side of football he sees a load of meaningless bollocks that results in running up the white flag again today. We need a manager that sees football in simple common sense terms. It is a simple game. With a few exceptions e.g. Guardiola, coaches overcomplicate and rarely make successful managers. It has the look of a clusterfuck today. It'll either be a lacklustre display and a possible hammering or a crap Spurs display and a lucky result.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hodgey said:

Not one of our 5 Jan signings, specifically bought to have an immediate 1st team impact, starts.

I think that says all you need to know about our recruitment success.

It’s an absolute joke. We had the chance to strengthen and buy players who would help us avoid the drop and apparently none of them are good enough! 

It’s a double whammy as not only do we seemingly have players they don’t fancy, but we’re back to the position of a bloated and expensive squad. All the years where we couldn’t invest cos we had a string of expensive flops on the books, and we’re gonna be back there again.

The team we are fielding today is 100% championship, with the exception of 4 players

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Great so just low block it up to Moi in the red zone, press it...press it...penetrate and recycle it to JWP, he can the enter against the ball into the twilight zone.

Since it's the twilight zone, Saints WIN!!!

Ja, du hast verstsnden! Das Spielbuch hat immer recht’

5 minutes ago, CylonKing said:

Zones? Penetration?

4-4-f'ing 2 with your best players and just put the ball into the bloody net. Simple!

Will still be listening though.

That’s the nuts and bolts of it, all this very clever dickie stuff is so infuriating 

3 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

He will I can feel it my plums, his name has been spoken far too much in the last 24hrs considering how shit he has been, its the universal's way to let us know its about to fuck with us.

Moi goal - you heard it here 1st.

If I am wrong I will drink beer.

Your post has inspired me to place all the money in my bet365 account on Moi to score anytime @ 6/1.

6/1, I know crazy right!

I had £1.02 left!

• Haha 1

I coach U14s and tell them basically that "it's a simple game, why overcomplicate it?". 

We set up to pass and move when in attack, we don't need step overs or trying to dribble through the oppo, support each other and get as many shots on goal as possible.

Defending is safety first, keep our shape, clear it or look to pass to open players, if unsure just kick it out and we regroup back into position.

Simple as fuck but really effective.

• Like 3

The problem all the time with us is that the coach decides on a shape for the day. He then picks his flavour of the day eleven and tells them the shape they are supposed to play. We should be picking the best players for back, middle and front and putting them out in their natural shape. Anything else is flawed and won't work.

• Like 1

Biggest difference for me in our great escape squads and this one is the demeanor of the squad. 

The escape teams had an intensity and focus about them, no smiles just determination. They looked gutted when results didn't go our way. 

Contrast that with Smiley Selles and our current crop. They look like they don't have a care in the world. So disconnected. At the end of games they are all smiles and chatty with the oppo. WTF?! I'd be fucking devastated and already planning how to fix it and up the performance. Not this lot, off to post on tiktok and give a soundbite that they don't even believe in. All smiles in training. It's weird.

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-3 Spurs - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic