Saints 3-3 Spurs - Match Thread

whelk

2 minutes ago, Lallana's Left Peg said:

£45m of attacking January signings not good enough to get in the team ahead of a Theo Walcott on the verge of retiring 😎

That's the key. Spending for the sake of it on more moi and djenepo clones.

Edited by OttawaSaint

Meh, who cares? No enthusiasm for this game whatsoever. Kane and Son love scoring against us, can't see that changing today. We can't score....

Bednarek needs to be awake today that little scrote Richarlison will be diving all over the shop looking for penalties.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well either Selles will show us what an absolute tactical genius he is with that line-up or it'll suggest that there are other reasons why he has to pick these players and he's just another wannabe Prem Manager that can't get it right. I know where my vote would fall and it wouldn't be in thinking he's after Pep's job.  Talk about capitulation - this is a real shambles.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, wooley7 said:

Your post has inspired me to place all the money in my bet365 account on Moi to score anytime @ 6/1.

6/1, I know crazy right!

I had £1.02 left!

Mental considering the freekicks he scores and that he takes pens that JWP is only slightly lower odds at 5/1

7 minutes ago, Lallana's Left Peg said:

£45m of attacking January signings not good enough to get in the team ahead of a Theo Walcott on the verge of retiring 😎

Such an utterly mental club, bottom of the league, can’t score, hardly any clean sheets, and barely a single player who we signed to address those problems starts 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Saint IQ said:

Mental considering the freekicks he scores and that he takes pens that JWP is only slightly lower odds at 5/1

That is about right for JWP. In recent years he scores 1 in 5/6. Moi however, 6/1!! I thought he would be double figures at least!

2 minutes ago, wooley7 said:

That is about right for JWP. In recent years he scores 1 in 5/6. Moi however, 6/1!! I thought he would be double figures at least!

Should be 11/1 minimum. Is on a goal every 17.5 games atm according to Wikipedia 

Here we go with the backwards team selections again.. Alcaraz and Sula out and god damn moi again..

might as well get redmond and long back the way selles is thinking 😆. It’s like buying your kids a new pair of shoes but they wanna wear the old ones with the holes in and the sole hanging off 

apart from this it kinda looks a ideal spot for us against spurs .. we play our best stuff when the onus isn’t so much on us to create and take the game to them 

Edited by pimpin4rizeal

13 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Biggest difference for me in our great escape squads and this one is the demeanor of the squad. 

The escape teams had an intensity and focus about them, no smiles just determination. They looked gutted when results didn't go our way. 

Contrast that with Smiley Selles and our current crop. They look like they don't have a care in the world. So disconnected. At the end of games they are all smiles and chatty with the oppo. WTF?! I'd be fucking devastated and already planning how to fix it and up the performance. Not this lot, off to post on tiktok and give a soundbite that they don't even believe in. All smiles in training. It's weird.

Good job I'm not doing the training. They'd be on their knees with their tongues hanging out or being sick over the railings after a display like Brentford. They wouldn't have to like me but they sure as hell wouldn't be looking forward to the next day. I think displays like that would be few and far between. I wouldn't be taking a vote on it either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, derry said:

Good job I'm not doing the training. They'd be on their knees with their tongues hanging out or being sick over the railings after a display like Brentford. They wouldn't have to like me but they sure as hell wouldn't be looking forward to the next day. I think displays like that would be few and far between. I wouldn't be taking a vote on it either.

When can you start?

Get them "Derry" fit!

1 minute ago, charliemiller said:

is it bad i would quite like elynossi to get a hammy or Acl so he is no longer an option

Yes. I wouldn't ever want to wish injury on the guy. 

It's not his fault that he keeps getting selected, he works hard but he's simply awful. If other players in our team put in the amount of work he did, we'd probably be a bit better off.

27 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Ely and Walcott shouldn’t be in the squad let alone the starting lineup. It’s quite clear that Selles has been a big part of the problems over the past 18 months 

He's only been here 9 months.

It's a waste of time people getting upset about the "wrong" attackers being picked. An attacker hasn't scored a league goal for us since November. There are no "right" options.

It's just rearranging lumps of shit on the Titanic.

This is a relegation squad. That's all there is to it.

• Like 3

One can only imagine that this is a grand masterplan to hang on for 60 mins and then bring on Sulemana and Chaz once Spurs get tired. Not the worst plan in the world when you are a defeatist and if you can guarantee we'll hang on for 60 mins, which is a bit optimistic i'd say.

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Right them Mo El watch..

How do we think he will do? Will he positively impact the game for us? Create, cause issues for Spurs?

You only notice him when he gets the ball. Time slows down, you suddenly see an opening urge...beg him to hit that throughball...time speeds up again and he gets dispossessed, passes straight to the oppo or passes back. 

8 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

He's only been here 9 months.

It's a waste of time people getting upset about the "wrong" attackers being picked. An attacker hasn't scored a league goal for us since November. There are no "right" options.

It's just rearranging lumps of shit on the Titanic.

This is a relegation squad. That's all there is to it.

But wouldn’t you rather at least try something differant .. moi is a million percent proven that he cannot create anything .. meanwhile the likes of edozie/ arribo sully/Orsic get a few games then get dropped .. it’s exactly like I said above buy your kid new shoes but they prefer the old ones with holes in and soles hanging off ..

I just do not get the logic of buying new players who you won’t even give a proper chance just to revert back to the old proven nothingness that you hundred percent know won’t work .. it’s nuts 

Edited by pimpin4rizeal

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-3 Spurs - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic