Saints 3-3 Spurs - Match Thread

whelk

Think this should be a walk in the park for Spurs. Probably the easiest game they will have for the rest of the season. Everyone knows it only takes one goal to beat us. Just put 11 bodies out there and it is as good as three points. 0-4.

8 minutes ago, IronCitySaint said:

Think this should be a walk in the park for Spurs. Probably the easiest game they will have for the rest of the season. Everyone knows it only takes one goal to beat us. Just put 11 bodies out there and it is as good as three points. 0-4.

Can you add even more white space next time cheers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

A 0-0 draw away at 10 men United had everyone expecting 6 points from this week. A narrow defeat (the second was in the 97th minute so i’d count it as narrow) to a very well drilled Brentford team who are flying and people are talking about how they can’t bare watching anymore haha. How do some people get through the day with such highs and lows! No one surely expected us to not lose another game this season, even if we did stay up - i’ve seen that Brentford game 100 times as a Saints fan, even when we were good! Saints at home struggling to break down a tough defensive unit, it’s a tale as old as time itself. Tomorrow is a different game, who knows what’s to come. 

• Like 6

I guess the back 4 is settled now. Obviously we'd all prefer an in-form Salisu to Bednarek but seems like Selles values something Bednarek brings.

Obviously Lavia and JWP are our best midfielders. 

But we need some goals! In my view Alcaraz has shown he knows where the goal is, and we know Stuart Armstrong can be a very accomplished finisher and can also ping one in from distance. 

We signed Onuacho because he had a good goal record. So we need to get him in the team and give him some chances. Likewise, Adams has shown he can do it, but not when he's the lone forward. 

So, putting that all together, I'd be tempted to line up with a midfield and attack like this:

-----Lavia----Alcaraz-----

JWP-------Adams-----Stu

-----------Paul-O--------

Let the WPs work down the right and get some crosses in for Paul.

• Like 1

Think we'll get something here. Spurs are incredibly inconsistent this season and won last week so are due a terrible performance away from home. 

Either that or we'll get battered with either a Kane or Son hattrick. Can't remember a narrow defeat to them in recent times. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EssEffCee said:

Think we'll get something here. Spurs are incredibly inconsistent this season and won last week so are due a terrible performance away from home. 

Either that or we'll get battered with either a Kane or Son hattrick. Can't remember a narrow defeat to them in recent times. 

I think you’re on to something, we played a lot of shitters on wednesday to allow for some okay players who played at united to come back for this one.

FT Saints 2-1 Spurs 

15 hours ago, saintwbu said:

A 0-0 draw away at 10 men United had everyone expecting 6 points from this week. A narrow defeat (the second was in the 97th minute so i’d count it as narrow) to a very well drilled Brentford team who are flying and people are talking about how they can’t bare watching anymore haha. How do some people get through the day with such highs and lows! No one surely expected us to not lose another game this season, even if we did stay up - i’ve seen that Brentford game 100 times as a Saints fan, even when we were good! Saints at home struggling to break down a tough defensive unit, it’s a tale as old as time itself. Tomorrow is a different game, who knows what’s to come. 

Brentford might have been a "narrow defeat", but the performance from Saints was abysmal. This was one of those remaining games we simply had to get 3 points from, building on the OT result, and an opportunity to get out of the bottom 3. But we were insipid, limp, lacklustre, pathetic, ( etc, etc ). We had ZERO goal threat in what should have been viewed as a "Must Win" game.

We may well go on and beat Spurs - we did after all the the double over Chelsea at knocked City out of the cup, but experience from this season in particular suggests another weak and goal shy debacle coupled with shambolic defending.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EssEffCee said:

Out of principal I will never bet money against Saints. But I have captained Kane and transferred in Son in my Fantasy team.  So Saints winning about 8-7 will make my weekend.

The game itself will be bad enough, but  I'm dreading their bloody fans singing 'o when the spurs..' loudly, drowning out our demoralised fans and claiming it's their song.

Bit I'll still be there,  as I will be in the championship,  because i'm a fan and you take the rough with the smooth 

(In fact of course their song historically was always 'glory glory hallelujah ' )

Tall Paul time - someone in this team who has scored 16 goals already this season.

If we are going to do this crab passing side to side to move up the pitch lets at least have our best goalscorer whose a wookie in there as well, wont have to run as much as well so might make it to 70mins.

I've just listened to Selles's second briefing talking about Elyonoussie. It was a lot of gobbleygook justifying how good he is. I think it's a case of "The Emperor's New Clothes". Everybody can see what he doesn't do, yet Selles talks about him being one of the best most reliable players. Lost Onana for Everton's goal and was too weak. Doesn't tackle just waves a token foot and avoids contact, doesn't assist or score. Selles just looks like an idiot spouting crap. Talking about the "Red" zone. Brentford JWP covering the near post FFS. A midget to stop the flick on, that worked. It needs the best headers to attack the ball and one of them has to cover the near post ball.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

Stop fucking around with the ball all sideways and backwards on the halfway line, get some movement going, get the ball in and have some frigging shots.

Let's at least go down with a fight and not a whimper.

Exactly, football is a simple game, which I believe has been overcomplicated in many areas.  Time to go back to basics, simplify the gameplan.  As you say, time to at least have a go, if we lost every game left 4-3 I think I'd be much happier than watching the negative shyte that we are currently playing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Micky said:

Exactly, football is a simple game, which I believe has been overcomplicated in many areas.  Time to go back to basics, simplify the gameplan.  As you say, time to at least have a go, if we lost every game left 4-3 I think I'd be much happier than watching the negative shyte that we are currently playing. 

could be a good thing we’re playing spurs today. the system we play seems to be negative against terrible teams, and good against the likes of chelsea and united. 

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

Tall Paul time - someone in this team who has scored 16 goals already this season.

If we are going to do this crab passing side to side to move up the pitch lets at least have our best goalscorer whose a wookie in there as well, wont have to run as much as well so might make it to 70mins.

I’d go more direct, Paul to bully dier and get players running off him. We ain’t getting anything trying to out pass them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Brentford might have been a "narrow defeat", but the performance from Saints was abysmal. This was one of those remaining games we simply had to get 3 points from, building on the OT result, and an opportunity to get out of the bottom 3. But we were insipid, limp, lacklustre, pathetic, ( etc, etc ). We had ZERO goal threat in what should have been viewed as a "Must Win" game.

We may well go on and beat Spurs - we did after all the the double over Chelsea at knocked City out of the cup, but experience from this season in particular suggests another weak and goal shy debacle coupled with shambolic defending.

It might have been a narrow defeat but it was a long way off from a narrow victory.

Ok am prepared for this game.

Got the german beer in since its spurs, got my lucky pants on, my cat is fully armour plated, I've got all nuns, nurses and sexy croatian's pics ready and I am at an optimistic level of 10.

2-0 to us

finally my prediction will be proved correct 

sexy scrubs GIF

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-3 Spurs - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic