I see there's trouble on the way

Noodles34

Bit of bother after the Spurs game down Oxford Street. The video looks like handbags to be honest, a lot of posturing and 'stand your ground' (before running off).

Didn't look proper nawty to be honest but the OB have nicked a fair few.

So, how did it start? Who won? And did VAR get used? 

An isolated and largely peaceful incident with a tiny minority of over excited youths just letting off a bit of steam. Nothing to see here. No 85 year old men and pregnant women running for their lives and it most definitely did not resemble a scene from Braveheart. 

• Like 1

When I’ve seen England fans doing it overseas, I’ve always thought it was knob ends throwing a few chairs ‘for the camera’. The Sun called it a ‘brutal street battle’. The kids they use as hacks these days should have been around in the 1980s and early 1990s. Not glorifying it though as it was a bit hairy as a kid when it kicked off but this is a footnote by comparison to that era. That’s probably Itchen Block 2 closed now. https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/23396776.ten-arrested-saints-spurs-fans-clash-southampton-street/

• Like 1

There's some funny moments in the video, I especially liked the waitress who carried on serving people sat outside watching.

Bit of a weird place for a fight. It's hardly like Spurs tried anything like storming the Kingsland Tavern. Instead they decided to stomp around the bottom of Oxford Street with their flat caps on, lobbing a few chairs while a bunch of people either waiting for their cruise ship or having a bite to eat after looking around the Uni open day sat there looking bemused.

Edited by The Cat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

When I’ve seen England fans doing it overseas, I’ve always thought it was knob ends throwing a few chairs ‘for the camera’. The Sun called it a ‘brutal street battle’. The kids they use as hacks these days should have been around in the 1980s and early 1990s. Not glorifying it though as it was a bit hairy as a kid when it kicked off but this is a footnote by comparison to that era. That’s probably Itchen Block 2 closed now. https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/23396776.ten-arrested-saints-spurs-fans-clash-southampton-street/

One of the saints lot picks up a chair (28 second mark) and instead of throwing it at the spurs lot, lobs it hard left just missing his mate 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Raging Bull
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

19 minutes ago, whelk said:

I reckon it was rugby boys reacting to Steward being sent off v Ireland and trying to pin it on football

It was just a bunch of lads training for the upcoming UK chair throwing championships nothing to see here 

The only time I heard the Spurs fans on Saturday was a middle aged bloke shouting ‘come here and say that’ to 3 young teenagers who shouted ‘Arsenal, Arsenal’ when walking through the Spurs fans walking down the road after the game. Then when a police officer went to calm him down he started whining about the kids. Embarrassing. 

It was quite funny where we were in Kingsland Stand. Someone about two rows behind us got annoyed with Che, who was reasonably close to us, and stood up and screamed that he was F..ing Sh1t and to F.... Off! A mature chap in our row then stood up and had a go at him telling to support the team etc. It developed into a real schoolboy playground "F Off! No, you F Off No you F Off" jobby. When Che scored it started again with the guy in our row turning around and giving the other bloke the the old "You couldn't make it up" face......they weren't kids....🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, miserableoldgit said:

It was quite funny where we were in Kingsland Stand. Someone about two rows behind us got annoyed with Che, who was reasonably close to us, and stood up and screamed that he was F..ing Sh1t and to F.... Off! A mature chap in our row then stood up and had a go at him telling to support the team etc. It developed into a real schoolboy playground "F Off! No, you F Off No you F Off" jobby. When Che scored it started again with the guy in our row turning around and giving the other bloke the the old "You couldn't make it up" face......they weren't kids....🤣

Chap near us had run in with some youths. Think it was cos one kneed him in the back. Few punches thrown and stewards took kids away and then clearly after checking cctv came back for the bloke. He never came back. Although he is the prick who loves to slag off our players.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chris cooper said:

Tbf the youngsters have got a good mob uptogether these days … not seen them on their toes yet .. as spuds found out the weekend 

Been causing a fair bit of trouble since lockdown. Lots of new faces, next generation getting involved. 

Will be interesting when we go down, see what happens against Championship fans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Chap near us had run in with some youths. Think it was cos one kneed him in the back. Few punches thrown and stewards took kids away and then clearly after checking cctv came back for the bloke. He never came back. Although he is the prick who loves to slag off our players.

Let's be honest 90% of our fans love slagging off the players 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whelk said:

Was this in the Itchen at the chapel end?

22 hours ago, The Cat said:

Been causing a fair bit of trouble since lockdown. Lots of new faces, next generation getting involved. 

Will be interesting when we go down, see what happens against Championship fans.

Last time it was good for us. our fans had a very different dynamic in league one and championship. Much more groups of lads especially for London games and midlands. A lot less geeks and shirters. Hopefully will be the same this time. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Last time it was good for us. our fans had a very different dynamic in league one and championship. Much more groups of lads especially for London games and midlands. A lot less geeks and shirters. Hopefully will be the same this time. 

Did your burberry cap out and come out of retirement mate 

Not just London games and Midlands, we also get to go West , away days at Bristol City, Cardiff, Swansea , Plymouth always had an edge to them 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JRM said:

Did your burberry cap out and come out of retirement mate 

Not just London games and Midlands, we also get to go West , away days at Bristol City, Cardiff, Swansea , Plymouth always had an edge to them 

I’ve hung My stone island jumper up mate. In any case got my hand full training the Harrogate chaos crew under 5s these days. 

58 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I’ve hung My stone island jumper up mate. In any case got my hand full training the Harrogate chaos crew under 5s these days. 

Canada goose coats over the saints tops is also on the up mate

15 hours ago, Turkish said:

should’ve gone to united away. my first away game for a while and I don’t remember it ever being like this before. It’s now full of people my age but this next generation of saints fan are full of weirdo shirters with gimpy songs and have watched green street the night before. Spent most the day trying to disassociate myself from this lot.

worst away end i’ve ever been in.

Edited by SotonianWill

10 hours ago, nta786 said:

Canada goose coats over the saints tops is also on the up mate

There’s absolutely no way in the world I’d be duking it out in an £800 coat! 

It’d be primark all the way for me. I’m far too much of a price pikey. Labels are for pussies

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

full of weirdo shirters with gimpy songs and have watched green street the night before.

I would have thought “shirters” and “Green Street” wannabes were two separate entities?

And little different from years past. Back in the 70s there was the “We’re the Barmy Archers Army” types led by Mr Redpath, who’d march down to the station singing their songs before going home, and then there was an entirely different mob further back up the road.

On 21/03/2023 at 17:43, whelk said:

Was it Alex76?

15 hours ago, Turkish said:

My Fila Bj doesn’t fit nor the Lois jeans and the diadora golds went to the trainer god in the sky close on 40 years ago

On 22/03/2023 at 16:26, Turkish said:

Really miss those London area league one and championship away days on the train.