Toby Steele leaving

EBS1980

22 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Who is Mike Fenn? The last thing we need is some other clown from aviation or marketing that think they know it all.

Current Director of Finance. Been with the club since 2010 and progressed up within the finance department to current role which he’s been doing since 2017

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

Current Director of Finance. Been with the club since 2010 and progressed up within the finance department to current role which he’s been doing since 2017

cheers. I'd never heard of him.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, manji said:

I think he was at the last fans forum. You probably didn’t notice him because he looked very unassertive and didn’t say much.

Not surprising, as fans don't tend to ask financial questions at the forums.

Despite being a customer, not a shareholder, I'd still be keen to know how much debt we have and how much funds is being spent paying interest on the debt rather than going towards cheaper tickets/better players etc. But I didn't attend the forum and attention was on Jones' performance not the financial performance.

Edited by Chez

48 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Enjoying Blackmore's and Tanswell's "everyone is leaving, doesn't it look a disaster" narrative. Consider me absolutely shocked that a club that needs to change how it operates is changing how it operates. 

Imagine Blackmore’s getting edgy that his mate Semmens might be up next.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, EBS1980 said:

My experience of financial guys getting promoted usually means that purse strings are going to be much tighter.   Actually if that means not wasting millions on buying rubbish masquerading as footballers it might not be a bad thing !!!!

Edited by 64saint

Dan Rice, Matt Crocker, David Thomas, Tony Steele, Joe Shields, a significant part of the data analysis department. Not to mention upheaval throughout the coaching setup and first team. Everyone remembers when SR / Rasmus said they weren't going to get too involved in the day to day running of the club right?

Edited by Saint86

21 minutes ago, 64saint said:

My experience of financial guys getting promoted usually means that purse strings are going to be much tighter.   Actually if that means not wasting millions on buying rubbish masquerading as footballers it might not be a bad thing !!!!

Not sure I want the 'financial guy' deciding what / who is and isn't going to be rubbish on the field....

34 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Dan Rice, Matt Crocker, David Thomas, Tony Steele, Joe Shields, a significant part of the data analysis department. Not to mention upheaval throughout the coaching setup and first team. Everyone remembers when SR / Rasmus said they weren't going to get too involved in the day to day running of the club right?

Semmens next? He employed all of those apart from Toby Steele who was a Gareth Rogers hire. 

5 hours ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

There are plenty of people at the club with influential/blocking/yes person roles that people don't know.  Fenn is apparently one of the good guys, and remarkably for this club, is a Saints fan as well.  

Encouraging. Obviously no idea what goes on behind the scenes but Steele seemed overly defensive at the fans forum and didn't come across well at all.

Edited by Pamplemousse

To be fair (and you can only speak as you find) in the dealings I had with him he was really helpful and efficient. When the Echo sold up and evacuated its premises at Redbridge taking its archive to God knows where I suggested the club try and purchase the stuff relating to the club  ie the Football Echos going back to 1898 plus the photographic archive he did his best and was very proactive but came up against Newsquest intransigence. 
I guess there are two sides to every story. 

4 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Maybe the plan is to clear the decks of the deadwood/failing staff members, install people they are happy to run the club and leave them to it? Don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect them to bring in their own people.

29 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Maybe the plan is to clear the decks of the deadwood/failing staff members, install people they are happy to run the club and leave them to it? Don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect them to bring in their own people.

Exactly, doesn't seem like any of those people did a great job based on where we are. 

Steele seemed clueless with some of his comments about fans, no idea if he was any good at his actual job 

57 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Could well be the plan, but then the next question comes. Do you think Rasmus is capable of identifying and recruiting the right people? So far he has done a terrible job recruiting managers and players. 

Blokes nothing more then a smooth talking bullshitter.

9 hours ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

There are plenty of people at the club with influential/blocking/yes person roles that people don't know.  Fenn is apparently one of the good guys, and remarkably for this club, is a Saints fan as well.  

We finally have our fan on the board! 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Dr. Kucho said:

Could well be the plan, but then the next question comes. Do you think Rasmus is capable of identifying and recruiting the right people? So far he has done a terrible job recruiting managers and players. 

Blokes nothing more then a smooth talking bullshitter.

That’s the million dollar question and based on what we’ve seen so far, absolutely not.

12 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Not really anyone to put in the firing line, hes always responded to emails ive sent him about pricing and staff wanting to make their linkedin pages look good. 

£85m of unpaid debt and relegation isnt going to be a good mix.

Sale of Lavia , JWP and Salisu wipes out that debt.

On 20/04/2023 at 10:53, EBS1980 said:

Nice guy. Level headed. Good business acumen. Was around when we were down and coming up. Was well thought of by Cortese. He knows the club and the football business. Good appointment, I'm delighted for him. 

• Like 5

On 20/04/2023 at 15:20, 64saint said:

I work in finance and don’t agree with that at all. Promotions within are common and bring stability to a key area of the business.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EBS1980 said:

I work in finance and don’t agree with that at all. Promotions within are common and bring stability to a key area of the business.  

I also work in finance and completely agree with you. Promotions within are the norm.

• 1 month later...
On 20/04/2023 at 16:21, Saint86 said:

Looking at that list and those who have jumped ship already, it seems that it wasn't  only " the team on the pitch"  that wasn't producing results.

Admittedly, there were some good / loyal individuals  in there, but clearly there must have been some bad decision-making along the way.........

either that...... or, a lot of "bad luck".     

As for " the new buys " (SR), No-one can say they weren't afraid to put their money where their mouth was, but they should have been

more " hands on " and leaving it to " the Board " to agree 100+ million in transfer fees was a mistake they won't make a second time. 

Edited by david in sweden
  • Like 1

On 22/04/2023 at 00:06, EBS1980 said:

When i think of finance guys getting promoted to top positions i also think of this vid