Will season ticket prices be released now and will you renew?

Paul Chuckle

1 hour ago, wild-saint said:

so why are you this board so often discussing all things Saints? 

The supporter police are out!

What does it matter to you - am I offending you?

I never said I was going to cast Saints into a burning pit to be erased totally from my being - I answered the question asked in the thread title - and that is the burning desire to go down The Saints for every home game has just fizzled out so I won't be renewing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Seats at £60 per match in the Championship? You must be rich to take that in your stride. £30 would in my view be daylight robbery. 

£475 for 23 games works out as £20.60 per game.

Edited by ecuk268

Will never happen but if they priced season tickets at around £350 for anywhere in the stadium they'd get a lot of renewals and new season ticket holders. 

If they remain at £530 on average, then I think the club are going to be in for a shock when Season tickets sale only hit about 10'000. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Seats at £60 per match in the Championship? You must be rich to take that in your stride. £30 would in my view be daylight robbery. 

I thought £30 for a Premier League much was insulting, especially given the football that is on offer.

I’m sure they’ll be a season ticket price “freeze” and they’ll dress it up as “four extra games for free”.

Their best plan would be to get hums on seats and get the stadium packed and create an atmosphere. A half empty stadium doesn’t motivate the players or energise the fans, or subsequently fill the clubs finances.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, suewhistle said:

Will the ticket be better value than the £290 I paid to see each home win? I don't want to be taken for granted with high prices for an inferior product, and might pick and choose depending on other commitments. I'll certainly still go to many games, but as friends have given up going my regular seat gives me familiar faces but no more than that.

If Sports Republic had any marketing nous they'd drop the prices substantially to get a full ground and a buzz going, maybe get more youngsters along too as they are the future.

Count yourself lucky as that's a bargain.  I missed both the Chelsea and Leicester games, so what's 0/£580??   😠

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bought my first ST this season, and despite the season they had I'll renew it if the price is the same (£400) and I can pay it in interest free installments. It gave me a renewed interest in the game which I'd lost, it got me and my best mate off the island regularly and without VAR...well...it can't be any worse...can it?!

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

£475 for a new season ticket for L1 football is absolutley ludicrous.

That's the most expensive, there are others cheaper. 

Reading have made a mess of it though, relegation to league one followed by a price increase they'll be lucky to get more than 10k for some games. Also moving away fans to some stand upper tier so they can charge them more .

You'd have thought Saints will need to confirm our prices fairly soon , hopefully change of board members the new guys will want to look good and offer some cheap deals 

I'm probably more likely to get a ST now than if we'd stayed up.  I've had one on and off for last 30 years but the most recent L1 and championship seasons were my most enjoyable ones.  I find it hard to get excited going into seasons thinking the best we could do would be a slightly above mid table finish.

On 18/05/2023 at 15:24, John Boy Saint said:

The supporter police are out!

What does it matter to you - am I offending you?

I never said I was going to cast Saints into a burning pit to be erased totally from my being - I answered the question asked in the thread title - and that is the burning desire to go down The Saints for every home game has just fizzled out so I won't be renewing.

Touchy! not offended at all, I asked the question of why do you spend so much time discussing a game on a forum that you have no interest in watching.  

Will not be renewing. Has anyone ever owned a season ticket and not seen a win all season?? (I did miss a few games)

I did a 4 hour round trip almost every other week to watch rubbish, barely any excitement, no wins and worst of all- no confidence in getting any when I set off. It wil take a few years to trust again !!

3 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

So, that makes mine £11 cheaper without early renewal. Excuse me while I pick up the soap…

Genuinely, what were you expecting? Given you get an extra 4 games, i'm actually surprised they've reduced the price at all. 

10 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

So, that makes mine £11 cheaper without early renewal. Excuse me while I pick up the soap…

With four more games, I’m not sure what you expected. 

3 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

I’m not surprised…..the “4 more games” koolaid has worked!

There is loads to bash the club about, but the cost of the ST's this season isn't one of them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Appy said:

Grow up, how much were you realistically expecting? 

This is the great thing about a forum - if we were in a pub debating/joking about prices etc, we'd all laugh and talk normally, and i expect "grow up" wouldn't come into it.

If you look at the first page of this post you'll see i thought there may be a reduction. It's just forum chat....

Just now, LGTL said:

£499 for my renewal but contemplating moving to the Itchen and paying £359 to be honest. Too old for the Northam divs these days. 

I'm inclined to agree, although (perhaps stupidly) i've kept my seat in the Northam just because it's always been my seat. Probably because i couldn't have ever got my own at The Dell.

6 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

That’s only if you can guarantee going to every game.

You are right of course. I usually miss around 2 games a season because of other stuff getting in the way, likely to be more than that next season with all the extra midweek games.

• Like 1

Well I’m pretty pleased. In the family end with 2 grandchildren. £514 for all of us - works out under £23 per game in total for all 3. 
I was thinking of not renewing but at a divided up £7.50 per head it won’t matter so much if games are missed for whatever reason. (And this year that’s been mainly down to the rubbish we’ve had to endure).
The only bright light at the end of what’s been a long black tunnel. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm pleased with those prices. Savings from last year, which is all they could do really. I'm glad they didn't use the ''frozen' prices line which I feared, so this is a positive for sure.

I will probably get back on the waggon next year now.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

I would say that's pretty good pricing on the whole, doesn't affect me as I've ditched my ST but will just be paying the going rate on the day when I choose to go.

Any mention of safe-standing that was meant to be introduced this summer? Probably another victim of relegation.

Edited by 100%Red&White
Oops, pressed send before I'd typed anything!
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

You are not very good at maths are you?

28 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

Quoting Dman further up...

You've lost me, 23 home games in the champ compared to 19 n the PL.. that's 4 extra games.. no?

23 minutes ago, LGTL said:

£499 for my renewal but contemplating moving to the Itchen and paying £359 to be honest. Too old for the Northam divs these days. 

There's some divs in the Itchen too...but they're worth £359 for the entertainment factor alone 😂 I'll be renewing mine for sure👍🏻

40 minutes ago, Appy said:

Grow up, how much were you realistically expecting? 

Cheap season tickets?  Why not?  The ground will be half empty next season so why not try to flog a load of s/ts at very cheap price to fill the ground.  Selling more tickets at a discounted price is not going to affect the financial position of the club all that much.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Saintsfanuk said:

Wasn't expecting a discount at all, thought they'd just go you have more games! Fine by me looks good at £21 a game.

Agree its a fair price, £21 per game I doubt that's much more than we were paying in the championship 12 years ago 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JRM said:

Agree its a fair price, £21 per game I doubt that's much more than we were paying in the championship 12 years ago 

think I paid something like £455 in our last Championship season, we had two fairly significant increases in a row (around £100 each time, I think) with the back-to-back promotions.

10 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

think I paid something like £455 in our last Championship season, we had two fairly significant increases in a row (around £100 each time, I think) with the back-to-back promotions.

With 10 years inflation that would be about £680 today

Also pretty happy tbh - wasn't expecting a price drop at all, and I also fall in the sweet spot of having 2x 11-14 year olds in the family section who are both going to be less than half the price they would have been under last year's pricing structure. Almost tempted to renew now..