Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

13 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Ah well. Let's beat Leicester away and pip them to second! That's a joke for the avoidance of doubt... 

I'm sure if we were in Leicester's situation at the moment there'd be the usual suspects on here cacking themselves at the prospect of dropping out of the top 2...

Edited by trousers

7 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

What Leicester have done in the last 15 mins here is nothing short of shambolic. So, so, so bad for a team top of the league.

Saddest thing is that we’re unlikely to capitalise on it.

Bristol City, Hull … great opportunity after a lot of hard work and we balls it up. 

• Like 4

Just now, trousers said:

I'm sure if we were in Leicester's situation at the moment there'd be the usual suspects on here cacking themselves at the prospect of dropping out if the top 2...

Oh yeah their forums are full of them. They think they're done.

2 minutes ago, Cabrone said:

Got to admit autos are looking tougher now but Leeds will slip up and we need to be there to catch them. Just got to keep on winning. Ipswich are also still very much in there too.

Keep on winning? Start winning again you mean: we’ve lost two of our last 3 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Had a quick browse on Leicester forums, if anyone wants to see the emotional nonsense drivelled out by fans just take a look.

''Auto promotion is gone for us''  ''That's us done''  ''I'm done with this team after 44 years''  ''Playoffs at best for us, we won't go up now''

Surely, you don't mean as bad as some of the 'emotional nonsense' spouted on this forum?!?!

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Saddest thing is that we’re unlikely to capitalise on it.

Bristol City, Hull … great opportunity after a lot of hard work and we balls it up. 

Two frustrating games, don't think they've killed us dead....but it means we have pretty much zero margin for error. Win the next 4 though and let's see where we are. That's my target, get to 79 points by the point we go to Leicester and the picture may well be totally different. 

I don't think it's totally unreasonable to expect wins against Boro, Sunderland and Millwall at home with Brum away.

Edited by S-Clarke

6 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Had a quick browse on Leicester forums, if anyone wants to see the emotional nonsense drivelled out by fans just take a look.

''Auto promotion is gone for us''  ''That's us done''  ''I'm done with this team after 44 years''  ''Playoffs at best for us, we won't go up now''

Alpine_Fox?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Was nice while it lasted, Leeds have been incredible to be fair. Getting wins when we could only manage draws.

Fingers crossed we’ve got enough about us to make a date at Wembley.

We are 5 points behind them with a game in hand and a quarter of the season left FFS. You’re talking like it’s just been confirmed that’s definitely it and we’re condemned to the playoffs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Two frustrating games, don't think they've killed us dead....but it means we have pretty much zero margin for error. Win the next 4 though and let's see where we are. That's my target, get to 79 points by the point we go to Leicester and the picture may well be totally different. 

Serious set backs though.

But yes, things can change in a couple of games. 

Just now, 64saint said:

Not a great fan of Leeds but geeez, what an atmosphere their fans create at Elland Road.

Only when they were winning though, just saying. They were pretty silent when Leicester were bossing them.

That's a massive win for them, so I'm not surprised by their reaction.

• Like 4

Leeds are clearly favourites given their form and the their remaining fixtures but it's not over until it's over. As S-Clarke says, there is now no margin for error. None of this constant shitty rotation from Martin. Play your best team every game like Leeds do.

• Like 3

''Gap down to 6 points. This side will fold under pressure now. Playoffs beckon.''

''Whoever gets us in the playoffs will be licking their lips. 

We're in this division for a few years yet.''

''ANOTHER WEEKEND RUINED!!  ''

''Bottle jobs. Thats all that they are. Can cry about the decisions all you want but when the pressures on they cant handle it. Bottling the league 100 percent''

''Get that idiot manager out. He’s got the best championship squad in history and he’s making it look difficult. There’s not a decent team in this division and he’s completely in capable of beating anyone in the top 6. Just embarrassing. It’s like watching us last season, players clearly too confident, thinking they’re better than they are. Just fed up now. 

''You cannot defend Maresca now ''

Just a few highlights from the Leicester fans. Some football fans cannot deal with an inch of disappointment at all, they talk about the players being bottle jobs but the fans are bottling it.

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I don't think it's totally unreasonable to expect wins against Boro, Sunderland and Millwall at home with Brum away.

leading at Preston and in total control, conceding two poor goals before getting a great point, but we should have won that game. Drawing at home to Rotherham.  Far more costly than losing to a decent Hull side.  

Bounce back tomorrow with a win and the confidence can come back. Not over yet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

''Get that idiot manager out. He’s got the best championship squad in history and he’s making it look difficult. There’s not a decent team in this division and he’s completely in capable of beating anyone in the top 6. Just embarrassing. It’s like watching us last season, players clearly too confident, thinking they’re better than they are. Just fed up now. 

Has anyone christened him Enzo-head, Pep-head or anything like that ? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Chez said:

leading at Preston and in total control, conceding two poor goals before getting a great point, but we should have won that game. Drawing at home to Rotherham.  Far more costly than losing to a decent Hull side.  

Bounce back tomorrow with a win and the confidence can come back. Not over yet.

I've seen enough from this side over this season to have confidence in them. We've had a couple of iffy results in the last two weeks, but we've been pretty faultless up to then really. I remember the spell Leeds had during December, they didn't win in a few - shows how quickly things can change tbh. It'll flip back again, and as long as we do our job tomorrow 2 points is nothing really - no one has any margin for error, it's not just us. We all have to be perfect. (unless we all become shit at once, that would be a laugh)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Leeds are clearly favourites given their form and the their remaining fixtures but it's not over until it's over. As S-Clarke says, there is now no margin for error. None of this constant shitty rotation from Martin. Play your best team every game like Leeds do.

Can’t blame him for losing our most important player, Downes, due to injury.

But the selections of Manning, and how he looks to replace Downes with the ineffective Smallbone is on Martin

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

We have to keep players happy though, everyone has to have their fair share of minutes

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, DT said:

Proper team, Leeds. In a stadium with a proper atmosphere. Painful truth. 

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Maybe you should go and support them then?

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Why don't you go and fuckin support them then?

Too far from Portsmouth I'd imagine... ;)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

''Gap down to 6 points. This side will fold under pressure now. Playoffs beckon.''

''Whoever gets us in the playoffs will be licking their lips. 

We're in this division for a few years yet.''

''ANOTHER WEEKEND RUINED!!  ''

''Bottle jobs. Thats all that they are. Can cry about the decisions all you want but when the pressures on they cant handle it. Bottling the league 100 percent''

Just a few highlights from the Leicester fans. Some football fans cannot deal with an inch of disappointment at all, they talk about the players being bottle jobs but the fans are bottling it.

Same with some of the nonsense on here whenever we lose.

What I liked after the Hull game was THB going to the fans and giving a chin up gesture, as if to say there's a long way to go don't panic. The players will draw a line and move on. Defeats are part of football and there's often a fine line between winning and losing, but some people seem completely incapable of being rational after a defeat.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Why don't you go and fuckin support them then?

Because I love Saints and always will. We will beat Millwall tomorrow and still be in the mix. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, whelk said:

Our fans are embarrassing drooling over Leeds and their fans. Pussies 

Some of the posts on this thread are ridiculous. Fuck me. I've been to Elland Road a few times and the atmosphere hasn't been all that.

If they are all so in awe about how incredible their support is then they should get down St Mary's and contribute to ours.

May as well give up now though. It's absolute fact that no team in the history of football has closed a 5 point gap while having a game in hand and another 12 to play.

Still, nice to know Leicester have some similarly lunatic posters to us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Absolutely no chance we’re winning the next 4 the way we’re playing at the moment. Russ keeps saying it’s his fault for fucking about with the system but then repeating the mistakes, it doesn’t bode well 

1 hour ago, 64saint said:

Not a great fan of Leeds but geeez, what an atmosphere their fans create at Elland Road.

Yeah, for the last ten minutes when they undeservedly found they'd won the match with two fluke goals. Didn't hear so much when Leicester were ripping them to shreds.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Couple of months ago. Why do you ask?

Just interested mate. I don’t get the thing about having a pop at people who turn up and get criticised for leaving early, if that’s what they want to do. Tuesday was a struggle, but we go again. No offence whatsoever intended. Love your content. 

8 hours ago, DT said:

Proper team, Leeds. In a stadium with a proper atmosphere. Painful truth. 

Fucking hate that team. Ok, maybe judgement if coloured by the time in the late 1970's when my mate bet if I would wear my red & white scarf walking down Elland Road and that didn't end well, but fucking hate them. Their fans weren't altogether or whatever that crap is they sing until the 80th minute. Before that all I could hear on TV were Leicester.

Really annoyed with Leicester throwing that away. Leeds looked very ordinary for a lot of that game. Hull would have buried them. Feels like a loss. Now, as S-Clarke has said, we've got 4 very winnable games starting today, so let's see how the land lies after them. 

• Like 1

Let Leeds have their moment and promotion because we all know what’s going to happen. Farke isn’t a Premier League manager. He can do it in the Championship but his football doesn’t work in the league above. They’ll be on his back in no time.

I truly believe we’re building something quite special under Russell Martin. I’ve been as disappointed as the next fan over the two most recent defeats and think we’ll have to settle for play offs (which I would’ve snapped your hand off for at the start of the season) but we’ve played some of our best football in years this season, gone on an incredible record breaking run and brought back the fun factor after three dreadful years.

If we don’t go up, we just have to trust the process. We’ve barely heard from Sports Republic this year but I’d like to think they have plans in place for all scenarios. Yes, we might be a Championship side again but hopefully we’ve impressed enough potential new players to make us an enticing proposition again.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Maggie May said:

Let Leeds have their moment and promotion because we all know what’s going to happen. Farke isn’t a Premier League manager. He can do it in the Championship but his football doesn’t work in the league above. They’ll be on his back in no time.

There is an incredibly plausible scenario that Russell Martin's football doesn't work in the league above either. (Ditto Maresca). It's not going to stop anyone enjoying promotion if they get it.

A year ago everyone was creaming themselves over Vincent Kompany.

Leeds will bin off Farke before Christmas if it isn't working in the Prem. And anyway Farke has only ever managed low budget Norwich- he might get more of a crack at Leeds.