Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

56 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Start this one early - Hibs losing 2-1 at the moment to an Andorran team 😅

They lost. I'm always jealous of the teams in the European Qualifiers. So many random, interesting away trip possibilities. Imagine supporting Haverfordwest and getting to go to the Faroe Islands. Brilliant.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Cat said:

They lost. I'm always jealous of the teams in the European Qualifiers. So many random, interesting away trip possibilities. Imagine supporting Haverfordwest and getting to go to the Faroe Islands. Brilliant.

When we got in the europa league I couldn't believe that some of our games weren't sold out by other saints fans. I went to Holland twice, Italy and Prague because I predicted (accurately) that we weren't going to get there again any time soon. Watching us play around Europe was miles better than seeing us against United or Everton for the 100th time. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

When we got in the europa league I couldn't believe that some of our games weren't sold out by other saints fans. I went to Holland twice, Italy and Prague because I predicted (accurately) that we weren't going to get there again any time soon. Watching us play around Europe was miles better than seeing us against United or Everton for the 100th time. 

Agree, i can't beleive we didn't sel out every game. Knowing how lucky we were and being fortunate to be able to afford the trip(s) & annual leave, I done the lot, both seasons. 

Isreal you can kind of excuse, but i'm pretty sure, if memory serves me right, we didn't even sell out 500 tickets in a fairly accessible place in Denmark. 

28 minutes ago, Dman said:

Agree, i can't beleive we didn't sel out every game. Knowing how lucky we were and being fortunate to be able to afford the trip(s) & annual leave, I done the lot, both seasons. 

Isreal you can kind of excuse, but i'm pretty sure, if memory serves me right, we didn't even sell out 500 tickets in a fairly accessible place in Denmark. 

I went to Midtjylland and I had to get a local Saints fan to buy tickets for me.

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Absolutely. From Bucharest on I went to all European games apart from the one in Israel as could only afford 2 of the 3 at the time. As you say there's no guarantee it will happen again so must make the most of it.

We sold loads for Milan, I thought Prague was officially sold out but there were some spare seats around. Don't remember how many we sold for Arnhem?

Would love nothing more than supporting Saints abroad again. One game there is far more interesting than the league treadmill.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, tdmickey3 said:

The “new” soccer Saturday is a bit shit, looks like a game show, pundits press the buzzer when they see a goal.🙄

With the departure of Kammy and Jeff, the final crumbs of entertainment have been swept away. When it was Jeff, Tiss, Thomo, Merse, Kammyand Charlie it was nigh on unmissable TV for me. Now it’s just another bland, generic panel show, unironically pretending to be diverse. 

• Like 2

Running through the line ups of all the Championship games and I have to admit that don't know any of these players - its going to take a while to get up to speed and become familiar with who is who.

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

With the departure of Kammy and Jeff, the final crumbs of entertainment have been swept away. When it was Jeff, Tiss, Thomo, Merse, Kammyand Charlie it was nigh on unmissable TV for me. Now it’s just another bland, generic panel show, unironically pretending to be diverse. 

You know you are just one person? None of the pundits have ever been earth shattering. Remember they used to have George Best barely stringing a sentence together. I actually like that Simon fella and Jeff was in danger of becoming a parody. 

19 minutes ago, whelk said:

You know you are just one person? None of the pundits have ever been earth shattering. Remember they used to have George Best barely stringing a sentence together. I actually like that Simon fella and Jeff was in danger of becoming a parody. 

They may not have been earth shattering but they currently rely on Clinton Morrison, Michael Dawson, Lee Hendrie etc to provide the 'punditry'. It needs put out of its misery like Soccer AM. Tragic

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, whelk said:

It’s fine. Seriously, there’s nothing wrong with it at all, just like all the other ‘fine’ sports programmes, Vlogs, radio shows and podcasts. There’s just nothing about it which makes me want to tune in and more often than not I forget it’s on.

Norwich look interesting - people will see a last minute winner but by all accounts they battered Hull and played with some style. Think Sat will be a good indicator of if we can bully a good Championship side - also looks like it’ll be an entertaining one to watch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Hamer is in demand and after this display probably more so 

He looks excellent, the kind of player I’d love to see on a saints shirt.

reminds me a bit of Hammand during our promotion years but with a little more quality on the ball 

Edited by Dan Johnson

1 minute ago, Crab Lungs said:

If Coventry lose Hamer, that’ll be them done. If they keep him and O’Hare comes back fighting fit they’ll be quite a handful.

massive lolz at Leicester. Utterly inept. 

Hamer is a great player and making them tick. I still don’t think Coventry are anything special, Leicester at the back are just that bad.

Edited by SotonianWill
spelling