Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

6 minutes ago, Stripey McStripe Shirt said:

Nathan Jones doing the 5 Live commentary for the Arsenal match today

Happy Nathan Jones GIF by Luton Town FC

I'm so shocked that during the summer managerial merry-go-round, that no club has yet picked up the 'greatest manager of all time'. 

They must all be blind.

27 minutes ago, Stripey McStripe Shirt said:

Nathan Jones doing the 5 Live commentary for the Arsenal match today

Happy Nathan Jones GIF by Luton Town FC

Seems even less qualified to comment on Premier League games than Karen Cairney.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/08/2023 at 10:24, AlexLaw76 said:

Alan Shearer's Premier League goal record.

I notice the fuss is being made about this and how it is bigger than winning titles in Germany

WTF?!

May be late to the party but if Kane plays tonight in the Super Cup and wins, is that his first trophy? After one game of leaving Spurs?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

Take away money, as I obviously don’t include that in this. But I feel bad for Kane. Just looking at him he looks lost. 

He’s a jinx. The best striker to never win a trophy? 😛

Edited by SNSUN

58 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Jackson handball in the Liverpool vs Chelsea game. Not given after VAR.

I just don't know what handball is anymore. Seemed really clear-cut whereas Dunk's yesterday less so.

his hand/arm has to be extended from his body (make their shape bigger). clearly, Jackson's was not 

• Like 1

Wolves just can't score, same as last year. Their playmakers/link players are superb, but without a goal scorer I have no idea how they'll do this year.

Apparently they don't have the funds to sign one either, so it will probably be their undoing. I think they're good enough to avoid relegation, what with the likes of Sheffield United and Luton in the same league as them, but ultimately without a striker it will be a bit of a waste having the talent they have in the wide/10's.

In no way is that a penalty, goalkeepers are allowed to come for the ball and provided they do not charge the players, are allowed physical contact even if they don't get a hand on it.

Basically if they have their knees high/raised, then it's a charge and it is a foul.  If they are flailing for the ball and don't get it, it's not a foul.  He is clearly leading with his arms and upper body, so not a foul.

Bazanu does this all the time. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ashnats said:

In no way is that a penalty, goalkeepers are allowed to come for the ball and provided they do not charge the players, are allowed physical contact even if they don't get a hand on it.

Basically if they have their knees high/raised, then it's a charge and it is a foul.  If they are flailing for the ball and don't get it, it's not a foul.  He is clearly leading with his arms and upper body, so not a foul.

Chef Cooking GIF by Brix 01

3 minutes ago, ashnats said:

I'd be happy if Baz got that close to the ball lol lol lol 🤪 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

It is an absolute stonewall penalty. Clear cheating/bias going on here.

Authorities need to investigate there, Hooper still should have seen it live but VAR no excuses, that’s just fixed. If that’s an attempt at an objective decision by VAR then the officials concerned have no role in the sport or any sport. Not fair to push them down the pyramid. PL needs to clean up its act. If I had my way after a morning’s investigation by independent panel, Wolves are awarded a point tomorrow and Man U stripped of two to keep it clean but never happening. 

Cricket refers all the time to video and Rugby to TMO - how many decisions remain wrong? Far less if any. Being on the mic helps with transparency eg why have they made the decision they’ve made. Technology not the issue, elite football’s sickness is.

Edited by Gloucester Saint
  • Like 1