Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

Shame Coventry made that triple substitution, they lost momentum after that. I think with all these extra minutes the teams like Leicester and Saints with the deeper squads will have an advantage. 

Leicester will be there or thereabouts. Any team that can have the likes of Daka and Ihenacho on the bench will do well in this league 

2 minutes ago, obelisk said:

Most boring game so far today currently being played at Wembley. Or am I just a tad bitter still?

It’s always a boring friendly. Somehow has been called a trophy by some. I have watched about 5 mins. Championship games much more entertaining 

• Like 1

I’m going to enjoy watching these championship games this season. 
I enjoyed the league one and championship days previously when we were invested. 
Whilst in the Premier league other games rarely drew my attention.

It was invariably predictable and droll. 
No VAR coupled with new refereeing guidelines make for it to be vastly better. 
Ipswich 2 up away at Sunderland at present.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

It's a real pity that England aren't going to win this Netball World Cup Final.

But I've still managed to knock one out, so you know, swings and roundabouts.

My missus actually asked why I was watching netball as never been interested before. It’s a World Cup final FFS and the women are fit

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, whelk said:

My missus actually asked why I was watching netball as never been interested before. It’s a World Cup final FFS and the women are fit

Quite enjoyed the pundit in the purple leather dress as well. Insightful analysis probably 

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66423028

Guardiola already complaining about the added time. But, of course, he did campaign for five substitutes, which massively favours City given their elite squad and of course adds further delays to the match.

This is going to be like that time when referees said they were going to allow a bit more physicality in the game. I remember Stephens won the ball off Fernandes and we scored against United from it. United thought that Fernandes was fouled, Solskjaer moaned in the media, Guardiola and Klopp moaned in the media regarding incidents that affected their own sides and then it quickly went back to a non-contact sport.

What would be better for these managers is that they tell their players to walk off at the nearest touchline when being subbed off, rather than strolling across the pitch, lapping up the ovation, which they would still get, just to high five their teammate and manager. Also, stop your players (Grealish) from rolling around on the floor, demanding the physios after a slight bit of contact, which he is then able to run back on from immediately. You also never see a player from a team chasing a goal go down with cramp in the dying minutes of a match.

Then there wouldn't be 10+ minutes added on. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Alan Shearer's Premier League goal record.

I notice the fuss is being made about this and how it is bigger than winning titles in Germany

WTF?!

Do you think he has fully thought it through and what it might mean for his BBC Sports Personality of the Year nomination?

Edited by whelk
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

Not holding any grudges but I hope City absolutely batter Burnley later today. They, along with West Ham and Everton are on my relegation wish list. Once again, no grudges. 

Looking at the two line-ups a battering could be on the cards but Burnley will probably put up a spirited resistance and keep the scoreline respectable.

9 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Alan Shearer's Premier League goal record.

I notice the fuss is being made about this and how it is bigger than winning titles in Germany

WTF?!

To be fair Bayern are basically the Celtic of the Bundesliga. I could go there and win a title. Far harder to become the Premier League all time record goalscorer.

Its a shame the timings didn’t work out for Kane to move to say United or City, and have the opportunity to break the record and win titles.

33 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

To be fair Bayern are basically the Celtic of the Bundesliga. I could go there and win a title. Far harder to become the Premier League all time record goalscorer.

Its a shame the timings didn’t work out for Kane to move to say United or City, and have the opportunity to break the record and win titles.

Did you follow the Bundersliga last season? Dortmund blew it on final day