Spurs & Skates under investigation…

saint lard

Being reported in the Times and other outlets.  All  to do with  the Defoe Transfer.  
Possible points deduction for use of unlicensed agent. 
Blimey who’d of thought it. 😏
PFC have already stated their defence is that it was a deal under a previous regime. 

Edited by saint lard

I’m not sure it’s a defence that the offence took place during a previous regime. The Skates have had multiple regime changes over the last 15 years or so..! Are not the investigations into Manchester City going back over about the same period of time..?

Maybe a more likely defence for the Skates is that it was a different club that committed the crime……😄

Edited by SW5 SAINT
Edit
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, SW5 SAINT said:

I’m not sure it’s a defence that the offence took place during a previous regime. The Skates have had multiple regime changes over the last 15 years or so..! Are not the investigations into Manchester City going back over about the same period of time..?

Maybe a more likely defence for the Skates is that it was a different club that committed the crime……😄

I remember when Luton got walloped with something like -30 points, they tried and failed with the previous regime argument. 

4 hours ago, SW5 SAINT said:

I’m not sure it’s a defence that the offence took place during a previous regime.

I don't believe I've imagined the efforts they've made in recent years to claim they're the same club...

Surprise surprise, they only want their history when it suits them. 🙄

• Like 4

Imagine getting to an FA Cup semi-final and the three other teams remaining are three from the Championship in Barnsley, West Brom and Cardiff. They just about beat United in the sixth round with Rio Ferdinand in goal. 

We never got such luck in our cup runs.

8 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

Imagine getting to an FA Cup semi-final and the three other teams remaining are three from the Championship in Barnsley, West Brom and Cardiff. They just about beat United in the sixth round with Rio Ferdinand in goal. 

We never got such luck in our cup runs.

To be fair in 2003 we had a decent cup run, after smashing Spurs, against Championship opposition... until the final when we played the best team in Britain. But yeah it's not the same as going into the final as favourites which Pompey were because they had players they shouldn't have had.

Edited by SNSUN
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ozzmeister said:

Didnt Harry used to have some deal with lots of agents where he got paid / got a cut of the transfer / players wages / agent fee when he bought or sold anyone? 

One agent "gifted" him a Mercedes when he signed one of his players (I think it was when he was at Portsmuff but could have been West Ham) which saggy chops "gifted" to his son.......not Jamie, the one who's gone bankrupt at least once and was done for drug driving a few years back !!

Alledgedly 🤪

• Haha 1

I think we can all agree the correct outcome here would be for the skates to be wound up as a football club, Fratton sold off to tesco's to pay the fine and Twitchy to be hung, drawn and quartered, and his body left outside the FA's building as a reminder for others not to repeat his actions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, franniesTache said:

I think we can all agree the correct outcome here would be for the skates to be wound up as a football club, Fratton sold off to tesco's to pay the fine and Twitchy to be hung, drawn and quartered, and his body left outside the FA's building as a reminder for others not to repeat his actions.

It doesn't go far enough, Portsmouth shut down with the exception of Gunwharf, which will be annexed become known as Southampton Waterfront East. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...