FA Cup Third Round - Alfreton/Walsall (h)

Pamplemousse

Draw takes place around 1pm today on ITV before the Eastleigh game

1. AFC Bournemouth
2. Arsenal
3. Aston Villa
4. Birmingham City
5. Blackburn Rovers
6. Brentford
7. Brighton & Hove Albion
8. Bristol City
9. Burnley
10. Cardiff City
11. Chelsea
12. Coventry City
13. Crystal Palace
14. Everton
15. Fulham
16. Huddersfield Town
17. Hull City
18. Ipswich Town
19. Leeds United
20. Leicester City
21. Liverpool
22. Luton Town
23. Manchester City
24. Manchester United
25. Middlesbrough
26. Millwall
27. Newcastle United
28. Norwich City
29. Nottingham Forest
30. Plymouth Argyle
31. Preston North End
32. Queens Park Rangers
33. Rotherham United
34. Sheffield United
35. Sheffield Wednesday
36. Southampton
37. Stoke City
38. Sunderland
39. Swansea City
40. Tottenham Hotspur
41. Watford
42. West Bromwich Albion
43. West Ham United
44. Wolverhampton Wanderers
45. Maidstone United
46. Morecambe
47. Shrewsbury Town
48. Chesterfield or Leyton Orient
49. Aldershot Town or Stockport County
50. Alfreton Town or Walsall
51. Blackpool or Forest green Rovers
52. Cambridge United
53. Bolton Wanderers
54. Wrexham or Yeovil Town
55. Crewe Alexandra or Bristol Rovers
56. Peterborough United
57. Eastleigh or Reading
58. Gillingham
59. Stevenage or Port Vale
60. Newport County or Barnet
61. Oxford United
62. Wigan Athletic
63. Sutton United
64. AFC Wimbledon or Ramsgate

• Lighthouse changed the title to FA Cup Third Round - Alfreton/Walsall (h)
5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Should be almost as easy as when we hosted league 2 Grimsby last year 

The difference being we’re not a clueless mess of a team this year and I have reasonably strong faith that THB won’t go swinging his arms at the ball and other players, in our own penalty area.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Never say never, but I’m 100 times happier with L2 at home, compared to another trip to Crystal f**king Palace.

Of course, was just joking about last seasons Grimsby disaster, plus our game v league two Gillingham earlier this season didn't go to well. 

On another note I believe the FA Cup final is the same weekend as the Championship play off final, what a weekend that could be with two trips to Wembley 

Edited by JRM
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, JRM said:

Of course, was just joking about last seasons Grimsby disaster, plus our game v league two Gillingham earlier this season didn't go to well. 

On another note I believe the FA Cup final is the same weekend as the Championship play off final, what a weekend that could be with two trips to Wembley 

Indeed it is. Saturday 25th for ‘t Cup and Sunday 26th for our promotion celebrations. Which would we prefer? Winning the Cup or promotion?

Just now, Whitey Grandad said:

Indeed it is. Saturday 25th for ‘t Cup and Sunday 26th for our promotion celebrations. Which would we prefer? Winning the Cup or promotion?

Both. 

We last won the FA Cup as a 2nd tier side,  looking at the draw can see no reason why we won't do it again

2 hours ago, JRM said:

Both. 

We last won the FA Cup as a 2nd tier side,  looking at the draw can see no reason why we won't do it again

3 Prem sides guaranteed to be out by the fourth round, couple of tricky ties for others (Newcastle away to Sunderland for example!), championship is the strongest it's been in years. Could be a good bet for a championship side to win it this year. 

19 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

3 Prem sides guaranteed to be out by the fourth round, couple of tricky ties for others (Newcastle away to Sunderland for example!), championship is the strongest it's been in years. Could be a good bet for a championship side to win it this year. 

Jesus wept.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Yep. Fully looking forward to another Chelsea - Man City final.

On a more serious note Martin will be delighted with the draw, after a crazy run of fixtures up to 1st January he'll be able to completely change the starting XI and give the first team a two week break. 

1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

And the TV channels will still pick the usual suspects to show.

10 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

And the TV channels will still pick the usual suspects to show.

Arsenal v Liverpool and Sunderland v Newcastle, they’re absolutely prime for being the big games, two massive third round games. Hopefully TV also pick up a non leaguer or two as well, as they typically do. Usual suspects seems alright for this round,

4 hours ago, The Kraken said:

Arsenal v Liverpool and Sunderland v Newcastle, they’re absolutely prime for being the big games, two massive third round games. Hopefully TV also pick up a non leaguer or two as well, as they typically do. Usual suspects seems alright for this round,

Man U away at Wigan is bound to be on BBC. 

26 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

You think Norwich or Millwall are going to win it?

No, but Leicester and Ipswich are far ahead of where Championship sides usually are in terms of points and Leeds look good as well. 

24 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I never suggested you were but three PL clubs drawing each other in R3 is nothing out of the ordinary.

Of course not, but a couple of upsets a round and two more all Prem ties next round and we could be looking at a 5th round with less than 10 Prem teams out of 32. I'm not saying I think it will happen but it WILL happen eventually on the balance of probability, and this season when the top Prem sides are looking weaker and the top championship sides stronger than ever, why not. 

5 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

No, but Leicester and Ipswich are far ahead of where Championship sides usually are in terms of points and Leeds look good as well. 

Of course not, but a couple of upsets a round and two more all Prem ties next round and we could be looking at a 5th round with less than 10 Prem teams out of 32. I'm not saying I think it will happen but it WILL happen eventually on the balance of probability, and this season when the top Prem sides are looking weaker and the top championship sides stronger than ever, why not. 

Leeds have no chance. They have to play away in every round. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

It was a pretty much bog standard third round draw, where three all PL ties got drawn. The rest of what you’ve just said is a hypothetical based on nothing. I’ve no idea what your point is RE: Leeds, Leicester and Ipswich, they’re decent Championship teams, nothing more. They’d most likely all be sent packing by the likes of West Ham, Brighton or Everton if it came to it.

• Like 1

It isn't impossible of course but you'll need a few upsets and the big boys to face each other. And then, as above, it's likely one of the mid-table teams would win it.

When the 2008 winners won the FA Cup, the other semi-finalists were three Championship teams! As well as cheating, they got lucky in that aspect.