David Brooks

CSA96

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

Excellent. Can't wait to see him play for us. We should have signed him back in 2018 instead of wasting £16m on Ely. 

Yes. Summer 2018, we miss out on Maddison, don't go for Brooks, but sign Ely. 

• Sad 1

I'll be honest, I know very little about anyone in the Bournemouth squad. I don't think I've ever watched a game of theirs except when they've played us. I assume Brooks is great based on the comments so I'm very happy but my opinion of him is really based on what others have said. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I'll be honest, I know very little about anyone in the Bournemouth squad. I don't think I've ever watched a game of theirs except when they've played us. I assume Brooks is great based on the comments so I'm very happy but my opinion of him is really based on what others have said. 

I've always been a fan of Brooks, a silky player with the ball at his feet. Could have gone to Spurs a few years back, they were interested.

I thought it was an interesting shout back at the start of January, but then I watched him single handily tear apart Swansea as Bournemouth captain, I assumed that ship had sailed - so I was surprised when it was a goer!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

No big deal. I've never watched a game of football in my life, I just read this forum to give the impression to human beings in the real world that I have other interests outside of work.

• Haha 10

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

He just became the best player in our squad the second the ink was dry. Absolute quality player. Bar his recovery he's even too good for Bournemouth.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, grezz said:

He just became the best player in our squad the second the ink was dry. Absolute quality player. Bar his recovery he's even too good for Bournemouth.

That's quite a claim if true. Given the quality of kwp. 

• Like 2

Just now, JRM said:

What are the rules around the number of loan players again? Don't want to run the risk of naming too many. 

I think as many loans as we want, but only 5 can be named in the match day squad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

True but he's unproven in the prem. Vestergaard looks quality in this league... 

The difference being THB does have the raw attributes to succeed in the Prem. Vestergaard didn't. 

13 minutes ago, grezz said:

Would you suggest a 9 or 10/10 window?

2 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Lumley England

Manning Ireland

THB England

Flyn England

Fraser Scotland 

Holgate England

Brooks Wales 

Charles Ireland

Stewart Scotland

Rothwell England

A Switch in recruiting to more UK&I players after recent failures ?

I expect they are just easier to recruit in general in the championship but I can't deny it makes some of the players easier to relate to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Give it to Ron said:

Maybe work permits? 

Yes that and also some foreigners will only want to play in the prem. A small club like saints are going to attract some foreign talent that just want to use us as a shop window and that is going to be in the prem. Personally I prefer it this way with less mercenaries. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Yes that and also some foreigners will only want to play in the prem. A small club like saints are going to attract some foreign talent that just want to use us as a shop window and that is going to be in the prem. Personally I prefer it this way with less mercenaries. 

I used to like the way we looked at Scandinavia for players Tessem, Soldveldt, Niemi etc certainly Brentford have had some success there.

I like this current model for this league.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Give it to Ron said:

Maybe work permits? 

It could as simple as the manager and coaches preferring to work with players who don't have a language barrier, and who don't need to time to settle into a new culture etc. You can see the appeal. 

• Like 2

Has there ever been a better fit for a loan? Too good for this level, Doesn’t need to move, will know 4 (possibly more) our of first team squad. 

feels like everything is set up for him to be great, I’d say very little chance of getting him in the summer which is a shame. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

That's not really true, the lower leagues are still attractive for foreign players, if the pay is higher here they will come. The percentage per divison decreases the lower you go, Level 6 has foreign players, Maidstone have a Brazilian keeper.

5 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

That's not really true, the lower leagues are still attractive for foreign players, if the pay is higher here they will come. The percentage per divison decreases the lower you go, Level 6 has foreign players, Maidstone have a Brazilian keeper.

Yes there are some foreign players but quite clearly the percentage of foreigners decreases for the exact reasons I mentioned. So it is true. 

Looks like a decent signing, although on the face of it not sure he’s going to bring as much as some imagine…we’ll see. Also this must mean he’ll block the path of the best youngsters coming through such as SAA, so while it’s a positive signing, it’s not all roses IMO. Good luck to him.

24 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Looks like a decent signing, although on the face of it not sure he’s going to bring as much as some imagine…we’ll see. Also this must mean he’ll block the path of the best youngsters coming through such as SAA, so while it’s a positive signing, it’s not all roses IMO. Good luck to him.

Why would you think that on the face of it? 

50 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Despite a really promising pre-season and start, SAA hasn't been getting a game whilst we've had no RW at the club, so this isn't blocking his pathway at all. 

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

really? I thought he was shite whenever i saw him and Leciester fans hate him

Fucking hell, forget an attempt at subtle irony on Saintsweb early in the morning.  Janet Vestergaard really put in a shift for Leicester in the Premier League and had a real hand in their success - hopefully a contract extension is forthcoming :D

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Yes there are some foreign players but quite clearly the percentage of foreigners decreases for the exact reasons I mentioned. So it is true. 

You said foreigners only come here to put themselves in the prem shop window. That's clearly not true.

Plenty come here knowing they will never get into the prem, but happy to play and get paid in the lower leagues. And there's more than just some foreign players in the lower divisions.

8 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

You said foreigners only come here to put themselves in the prem shop window. That's clearly not true.

Plenty come here knowing they will never get into the prem, but happy to play and get paid in the lower leagues. And there's more than just some foreign players in the lower divisions.

No I didn't say foreigners only come here to put themselves in the shop window. It seems you've misread my post. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cabrone said:

If what this Bournemouth fan thinks is anything to go by then he sounds good.

A perfect example of the many Bmuff fans who call us arrogant and then proceed to be erm....arrogant. At the end he tries to make something of the fact that their next game is against West Ham whereas our's is against Rotherham conveniently overlooking the fact that for years we were playing the top sides while they were coming up against the Rotherhams and below.  I trust he will enjoy this short-term smugness because, in my most arrogant fashion, normal service will be resumed shortly

36 minutes ago, saintant said:

A perfect example of the many Bmuff fans who call us arrogant and then proceed to be erm....arrogant. At the end he tries to make something of the fact that their next game is against West Ham whereas our's is against Rotherham conveniently overlooking the fact that for years we were playing the top sides while they were coming up against the Rotherhams and below.  I trust he will enjoy this short-term smugness because, in my most arrogant fashion, normal service will be resumed shortly

He really was just taking the piss. I thought it was an alright video to be honest. 

• Like 4

the "its better to play them than anyone else. We've only lost twice in the last 6" completely ignoring the fact they've only won 2 as well and have beaten us something like 3 or 4 times in the past 13 games 😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Winnersaint said:

This w pissed me off the moment he opened his gob

All tongue in cheek really, nothing to get too upset about.

Probably a little rose tinted about themselves though in terms of how good they are - 25 points, not too far away from the relegation argument he doesn't think they're in! Football changes so quickly, and no one knows what's around the corner. Not so long ago Reading were higher than all of us.

So absolutely they can enjoy gloating about being a PL side at the mo, but for Clubs like Boruenmouth, ourselves etc, we will swap places so many more times in our lifetimes.

Edited by S-Clarke

• Lighthouse changed the title to David Brooks