Saints 3-0 Watford - Match Thread

goodymatt

17 minutes ago, Totton Saint said:

I am a poor typist so please forgive me for  my short posts. I wonder if the game might be on TV or at least streamed.

BBC are showing Plymouth against Leeds, may well be an IFollow stream

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Trying to set a new club record... A  reasonably avoidable loss before Liverpool away would therefore be very dissapointing. 

I think it will remain a record for league games undefeated so that should keep people happy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Badger said:

I think it will remain a record for league games undefeated so that should keep people happy. 

We have already broken the record for number of games unbeaten (league & cup), so a loss in the cup, while bad news, makes no difference. The outstanding record is for league games only (24), we can break that if we remain unbeaten after the Hull game, the tricky one being the Baggies. I only have a concern that a loss in the cup 'might' dent our confidence, Ipswich were maybe affected by their shock loss to Maidstone, going 3 down to PNE is a possible sign that it does get inside your head.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gio1saints said:

Saints same as usual formation for cup just different players from league matches 11: 

Lumley 

Stephens THB Jan Meg 

Rothwell Charles Smallbone Dibling 

AA Mara Edozie 

Sometimes a teams biggest Achilles heel is not its players or managers or coaches skill - but when they, the management, coaches and even the supporters, reach the outer limits of their imagination. 

I'd be very confident with that team. Would say it almost guarantees a win. 

Mainly because there's 12 players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

56 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Do they remove the £5 for the privilege or do you just need to have that much in credit (I assume they know that it will be coming their way in the future anyway!).

You just need to have the £5 in the account, they usually take mine after a shocking bet!! I think you can withdraw it straight after if you don’t want to bet

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Do they remove the £5 for the privilege or do you just need to have that much in credit (I assume they know that it will be coming their way in the future anyway!).

Just checked for tomorrow and it isn’t showing up at the moment! Apologies if they don’t show it, the first game was on there! May have to wait until tomorrow to confirm 

21 hours ago, Nolan said:

If you're driving to the game. Remember there's a 6-Month One Way System implemented around Cumberland Place thats going to affect travelling round the City Centre.

Map of the restrictions in place during the Ring Road improvements

Looks confusing that, definitely feels like they're trying to put people off driving into the city, car park prices seem to have gone up as well. 

Weather forecast looks shocking for later, windy and heavy rain, won't encourage much of a walk up , not a night for being sat in the front 12 rows. 

17 hours ago, Totton Saint said:

I am a poor typist so please forgive me for  my short posts. I wonder if the game might be on TV or at least streamed.

if you mean you are "slow " in typing, you are not alone in that respect, but your grammar and vocabulary is better than a lot who post on here. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ekelund24 said:

You just need to have the £5 in the account, they usually take mine after a shocking bet!! I think you can withdraw it straight after if you don’t want to bet

I think that once you actually have an account the amount you have got in it can be £0.01 and it will still be considered a live account. Might be wrong and if it’s £5 at least you do realise that you can withdraw that £5 at any time without penalty.

So- open an account, get an opening special deal like they always have available, ( such as deposit match or free bets) then leave the minimum amount in there there to get access to literally dozens of live matches every week. Including a lot of championship EPL la liga Seria A etc matches. They are generally live video no commentary whereas others have no video but radio commentary is available- also free unlike here. Of course you do not get access to the expert insight of Joe Tess etc but it’s free so what do you expect 😁

7 minutes ago, karlb79 said:

Is the ticket office open to buy on the night tonight? If so, will it be open up until kick off?

It is apparently, but you can  also buy online and get a PDF ticket on your mobile if able to do that. 

22 hours ago, VectisSaint said:

We have already broken the record for number of games unbeaten (league & cup), so a loss in the cup, while bad news, makes no difference. The outstanding record is for league games only (24), we can break that if we remain unbeaten after the Hull game, the tricky one being the Baggies. 

Is 24 the record to beat for our Southern League era?

21 minutes ago, JRM said:

It is apparently, but you can  also buy online and get a PDF ticket on your mobile if able to do that. 

Cheers, I was thinking of buying from ticket office to hopefully save the booking fee .

Please note - as with the 3rd Round the only FA Cup replay being shown tonight is Plymouth v Leeds.

Other apps or sites may show they are on Paramount+, ESPN+ etc - this is incorrect. It is down to the broadcasting rights of the competition.

So there won't be streams for the game tonight, how disappointing 👎👎👎👎

• Like 1

9 hours ago, david in sweden said:

if you mean you are "slow " in typing, you are not alone in that respect, but your grammar and vocabulary is better than a lot who post on here. 

For some reason your post tickled  me pink and cheered me up in tot the bargain.  

• Like 1

Glad I didn't take a chance on the game...Red Jets are looking like all cancelled and the next car ferry home after the game is 3am... 😞

Doesn't look like Betfair are streaming it and not set anything up yet for the other options!

COYR

3 minutes ago, Leighsterrr said:

Glad I didn't take a chance on the game...Red Jets are looking like all cancelled and the next car ferry home after the game is 3am... 😞

Doesn't look like Betfair are streaming it and not set anything up yet for the other options!

COYR

They'll be a link somewhere

I posted above, due to some decision by the FA, only the game broadcast on the BBC is being shown ANYWHERE tonight.

So the two other games (Saints and Coventry) won't be available to watch on any streams/channels/anything. 

Weird decision by the FA, but there you go.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, whelk said:

Don’t think there will be

But wai? There was firstbm time around, oh god why as thou foresaken your children, we need a link, and not the one from Zelda, he's a cockney bum.

Nice win today, seven anyone?

Edited by Master Bates
  • Confused 1

I think it will be tight, so very, very tight, but I think that if we can be hard enough we could just force it so that it will open up and then we can squeeze our way in until we win. Then after the liquids will flow and we all go home happy. Except Watford.

And I'm assuming SSN will be showing the goals when they go in? Or was that just for the League Cup?

4 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

I think it will be tight, so very, very tight, but I think that if we can be hard enough we could just force it so that it will open up and then we can squeeze our way in until we win. Then after the liquids will flow and we all go home happy. Except Watford.

And I'm assuming SSN will be showing the goals when they go in? Or was that just for the League Cup?

So my 7 2 prediction is probably high hopes then.

40 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

They'll be a link somewhere

36 minutes ago, whelk said:

Don’t think there will be

36 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

I posted above, due to some decision by the FA, only the game broadcast on the BBC is being shown ANYWHERE tonight.

So the two other games (Saints and Coventry) won't be available to watch on any streams/channels/anything. 

Weird decision by the FA, but there you go.

It's on paramount+ in Australia so it'll be streamed. Alternatively, find someone with a paramount login, point a VPN to Oz, and Robert is your mother's brother. 

• Like 1

Just now, egg said:

It's on paramount+ in Australia so it'll be streamed. Alternatively, find someone with a paramount login, point a VPN to Oz, and Robert is your mother's brother. 

Yeah just seen from my IPTV that they may have it. FFS FA should want their showpiece competition to be viewed by as many globally you’d have thought. Well that applied to the initial 4th round ties

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-0 Watford - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic