Bristol City 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

Harry_SFC

12 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

All we have to do is keep winning. Control the controllable, as the pundits would say. We don't need to spend all our time worrying about what the others might or might not do.

We win, win, win, we go up, simples!

I always read that phrase in Nigel Adkins' voice.

• Like 5

Without doubt we have the talent needed to win every game in this league, doesn’t mean we will.  We give ourselves the best opportunity of winning by working hard and controlling the game.

City will be a fight, I think they will come at us hard from the start but I’m confident the 3 points will be ours. 

0-2 Up the fucking Saints!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CB Fry said:

With Leeds away at Swansea tonight, I'm disappointed to not see our notorious firm planning a right tear up at a strategically selected M4 services.

Could get proper naughty and no mistake.

If I see any at Paddington later I'll be sure to offer them out.

On 11/02/2024 at 12:28, Wade Garrett said:

Start with Rothwell, Brooks, Edozie and Sulemana and those fucking worzel wankers won’t know what’s hit them.

3-0 win.  Fuck off you carrot sucking cunts.

I was getting worried that @Wade Garrett hadn't yet given us his pre-match thoughts, but turns out I missed it on Sunday.... phew, we can relax now 😂

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Sun Tzu Quotes (100 wallpapers) - Quotefancy

Sun Tzu’s Art of War predates The Law of Requisite Variety - which is a NLP ( Neuro linguistic programming) foundation principle.

Simply put it states that he who shows the most flexibility will ultimately master the system. 

In practical football innit terms it means that rigid PB dogma only gets you so far- being a one trick pony will not work endlessly. 

At the Championship level we play at our dogma is good enough, often enough, at present to be top two. But the theory essentially can be interpreted as a warning that we must be prepared and willing to adapt and evolve. 

Basic example: It may be very rare at present to go “route one direct long ball” for example but it may actually be the optimal route to win games in which teams overcommit forwards and attacking midfielders in a bid to press our PB play out from the back game. 

17 hours ago, The Cat said:

"Absolutely. A surprisingly arrogant set of supporters given that other than one FA cup in the mid-70s and a football league trophy they've won **** all. Which for a club of their size and given the amount of time they've spent in the top flight is a bit shit."

Obviously we have some bellends who support us but as a fanbase are we really that arrogant to give this person that impression? It's not like we were telling everyone we were going to win the league this season, in fact a lot of people thought we'd end up being a bit crap.

They are right about the number of trophies we've won, we all know that.

Quite ironic comment seeing as it's posted on a forum site called 'One Team in Bristol' 🙂

• Haha 1

I think we’re come unstuck this week and hit a run of poor form.

We are excellent but one or two injuries to key players and we are a shadow of ourselves.

Downes being out is a big loss, I can see Shea Charles stepping up to that CDM role. Will Smallbone doesn’t inspire me as a holding midfielder. But in the Stu Armstrong role he hasn’t been bad in the grand scheme of things.

1-1. Tonight.

A game like Coventry away, chances, poor finishing, major frustration.

I’m hoping Danny Rohl can brighten the evening with Sheffield Wednesday 😁

• Haha 1

I'm going tonight and I've been to two other away games this season and we've won both in injury time. I'd take the same again tonight no questions asked. Judging by Bristol City's previous results at home, it'll be a tight affair.

1-2, Brooks winner in injury time.

• Like 1

Just now, LGTL said:

Bit of an odd bunch. Boot licking Leeds throughout the majority of the thread, yet actively disliking us.

Typical of a fellow Southern city who can only look on at us enviously. 

Jealous of our city

Jealous of our team

Jealous of our firm

Jealous of our CoT

Jealous of our forum

They wish they were us.

• Like 1

Think it's a bit lazy to be described as arrogance but there are only realistically 3/4 teams in this league we should be worried about. The rest we have the quality to beat as long we're on our game. I'm not really sure there's ever been strength in depth in this league like what we currently posses, especially in the forward positions.

Having said that, we definitely didn't walk over Bristol City at home, and we're missing what I'd suggest to be our most influential player tonight, so I don't envisage this one being simple at all.

Another late 2-1 win.

5 hours ago, John Boy Saint said:

They would likely get delayed at the wonderful Gloucester Services, distracted by the delightful retail displays of local quality produce and other goodies, with all thoughts of a pre arranged rumble tempered by some of the eye watering prices. Just need one of them to get a sniff of the excellent Steak and Ale pie and the whole impending fracas will just fizzle out.

Not if they have any sense - they'd have turned onto the  M50 just after Strensham services ;)

1 hour ago, spyinthesky said:

I think Bristol is a decent size city just about big enough to have two teams to support but neither have any major honours to show which must rankle.

Tbf, Bristol is almost twice the size of Southampton so on that basis should be capable of accommodating two clubs that could fill 30,000 most weeks. Neither do and one of them plays in an entirely different city (oops 🙃)

Nice place for a visit though.

Edited by TheAlehouseBrawlers
Should pay more attention in class
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

Tbf, Bristol is almost twice the size of Southampton so on that basis should be capable of accommodating two clubs that could fill 30,000 most weeks. Neither do and one of them plays in an entirely different city.

Rovers moved back to Bristol in 1996 :) but you're right apart from that.

Rugby has traditionally been the sport Bristol favours (less so now), so may explain things. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

Tbf, Bristol is almost twice the size of Southampton so on that basis should be capable of accommodating two clubs that could fill 30,000 most weeks. Neither do and one of them plays in an entirely different city.

Not sure what you’re referring to here. Rovers played in Bath for a few years, but are now back in Bristol (have been for a few seasons). 

• Haha 1

I know Bristol quite well been to lots of gigs there. Even visited when Hampshire played Gloucestershire ( good punch with Rovers fans ) a few times. Of course Rovers away as well , especially the FA Cup game we lost 2-0 January 1978 a massive pitch invasion , great day out.                                                    
I don’t think Bristol City really entered my thinking until the last couple of years.

Edited by manji

2 questions:

- Any recommendations on where to drink prematch, that cricket ground looks awful and probs waiting 30 mins to get a drink, don’t mind city centre but surely not all saints are going cricket ground. 

- Any recommendations on where to head post match to go out in Bristol that isn’t going to be a student club?

37 minutes ago, NorthLondonSFC said:

2 questions:

- Any recommendations on where to drink prematch, that cricket ground looks awful and probs waiting 30 mins to get a drink, don’t mind city centre but surely not all saints are going cricket ground. 

- Any recommendations on where to head post match to go out in Bristol that isn’t going to be a student club?

Stadiums in the middle of nowhere. I would drink in the city center then get a taxi out... Afterwards I'd head to Corn street or Park Street/Triangle/Whiteladies road depending on what you're after. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Not sure what you’re referring to here. Rovers played in Bath for a few years, but are now back in Bristol (have been for a few seasons). 

Rovers played in Bath because City fans burnt down their ground tbf. Now that's proper rivalry,  none of this shouting scummers stuff or singing about fathers guns there. Just burn the fucking thing down 🤣

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, NorthLondonSFC said:

2 questions:

As has been said not much near the ground and what 5here is not friendly.   If you have time go to King Street great area.

22 minutes ago, franniesTache said:

Rovers played in Bath because City fans burnt down their ground tbf. Now that's proper rivalry,  none of this shouting scummers stuff or singing about fathers guns there. Just burn the fucking thing down 🤣

Makes our rivalry look tinpot 😂

30 minutes ago, franniesTache said:

Eastville was never owned by the Gas, the owners soled it for development now it is IKEA, they played at Twerton for ten years before ground sharing with Bristol RFC at the Mem. Then bought the Mem. When the Rugby went bust.  Rugby now shares with City and get comparable crowds.  

As for tonight’s game I can’t see them ending our run, 2-0 Saints.

Edited by moonraker

1 hour ago, NorthLondonSFC said:

2 questions:

Don't go to the cricket ground. That's rovers :)

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Bristol City 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic