Bristol City 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

Harry_SFC

2 hours ago, NorthLondonSFC said:

2 questions:

- Any recommendations on where to drink prematch, that cricket ground looks awful and probs waiting 30 mins to get a drink, don’t mind city centre but surely not all saints are going cricket ground. 

- Any recommendations on where to head post match to go out in Bristol that isn’t going to be a student club?

Probably a bit late but I'm in the Bristol Beer Factory and it's really good in here.

Loads of great beer. Good atmosphere. Home and away fans.

• Like 2

Great to see Brooks starting, hoping he gets a goal tonight 😊 Edozie too 😊I did have a feeling the midfield three to start tonight would be Charles, Smallbone and Rothwell 😊 COYR 😊

Edited by davefizzy14
  • Like 2

Great to see Edozie back in the starting lineup. Fraser did amazing in his absence, but he's looked slightly jaded in the last couple of games so going back to super-sub is probably a good thing.

Brooks and Rothwell starting is promising. About the best midfield we can field with the players we currently have missing. 

Arma moving into the middle?

Another frighteningly good bench we can turn to if things aren't going our way.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saint Pete said:

Yep, happy with that lineup. Sensible that Charles comes in with Downes out. Good options off the bench if we need them.

Yes indeed, that's a mouth watering bench.

Mara can feel a bit peeved at not starting, but I'm sure he'll come on in the second half, along with Fraser, to cause havoc against tiring defenders. Plus we have games coming thick and fast, so they'll both get plenty of game time (barring injuries of course).

Nice to see the Edozie/Fraser tag team back up and running!

44 minutes ago, Totton Saint said:

In case it has escaped anyone's notice  t

he game is on SKY according to Google

Drat, off to training in the wet and cold at 8. I believe the Friday game is also on Sky main channel? Down the pub for that if it is.

26 minutes ago, trousers said:

Very attack minded bench... Just the two defenders and no holding midfielder 

More by necessity than design, I can’t think of anybody in our squad who could/should be there instead of who we have.

11 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

More by necessity than design, I can’t think of anybody in our squad who could/should be there instead of who we have.

Maybe Bragg instead of Amo-Ameyaw? (If we had wanted defensive midfield cover)

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Great to see Brooks starting, hoping he gets a goal tonight 😊 Edozie too 😊I did have a feeling the midfield three to start tonight would be Charles, Smallbone and Rothwell 😊 COYR 😊

WTF??!

Didn't he play recently for another team, in a similar competition?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Leeds already winning... Should focus the players' minds pre kick off. 

I wouldn't tell them tbh. Just focus on your own game, don't get forced into panic mode by an early goal somewhere else.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Bristol City 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic