David Beckham?

saint_stevo

"When I eventually I retire i'd love to come back to england and own a football club. There's alot of clubs out there that have huge potential to be big especially those with good youth set ups. I'd love to get involved with The FA's grassroots scheme and introduce my own style of development into English football.

I like the looks of clubs such as Ipswich, Derby and Southampton because these are the types of clubs that are developing youngster players on a regular basis, especially Southampton who have implemented a new system for development whereby the younger players are given a chance in the first team.

For the moment though i'm just concentrating on my playing career because I don't have long left so i want to play to the best of my ability and enjoy the rest of my playing career."

Have the Academy scouts been watching Brooklyn? We should get him signed up then Becks would be bound to take us over. Even if he was no good we could keep him in the team, after all Pulis would be nearing retirement age by then. I guess the only problem is that we no longer have scouts overseas.

Have the Academy scouts been watching Brooklyn? We should get him signed up then Becks would be bound to take us over. Even if he was no good we could keep him in the team, after all Pulis would be nearing retirement age by then. I guess the only problem is that we no longer have scouts overseas.

Why do we need scouts overseas to sign up Brooklyn???...

We have Tijuana Tim on the job for us in that part of the world - maybe he could cut TSW in as a part agent so we get the fees:-)

TT = get on with it!

Why do we need scouts overseas to sign up Brooklyn???...

We have Tijuana Tim on the job for us in that part of the world - maybe he could cut TSW in as a part agent so we get the fees:-)

TT = get on with it!

Good point, TT get down to Beckham Mansion and get the little fella signed up for us right now.

He can feck right off, i'm not signing up for any showbiz ********.

Hmm.

So don't want a profile person who comes in and brings enough money and pzazz to the club so the better youngsters don't have to be sold and we can attract even better ones here for next season

Perhaps Ashley or Fulthorpe (lol) would be a better bet then?

(I actually agree the concept though, who wants to be a media circus? but again reality bites these days..)

Is he actually rich enough?

According to Wikepedia, their joint wealth is estimated at about £112 million, so together they are probably worth far more then Lowe, Wilde, Askham, Crouch, Richards and all the other charlatans who are are currently involved on the board or own shares in the club. Even if he used 10% of his wealth, which would be sensible for him not to risk more than that, it is still sufficient to buy us, but not enough to invest in additional players. But if there was any truth in this article, he would be using what we have here already.

Whether we'd want him or not is a different matter. Him and say Keegan together, that would be an interesting proposition.;)

According to Wikepedia, their joint wealth is estimated at about £112 million, so together they are probably worth far more then Lowe, Wilde, Askham, Crouch, Richards and all the other charlatans who are are currently involved on the board or own shares in the club. Even if he used 10% of his wealth, which would be sensible for him not to risk more than that, it is still sufficient to buy us, but not enough to invest in additional players. But if there was any truth in this article, he would be using what we have here already.

Whether we'd want him or not is a different matter. Him and say Keegan together, that would be an interesting proposition.;)

It really would be a Soccer Circus if these two were involved :D

"When I eventually I retire i'd love to come back to england and own a football club. There's alot of clubs out there that have huge potential to be big especially those with good youth set ups. I'd love to get involved with The FA's grassroots scheme and introduce my own style of development into English football.

I like the looks of clubs such as Ipswich, Derby and Southampton because these are the types of clubs that are developing youngster players on a regular basis, especially Southampton who have implemented a new system for development whereby the younger players are given a chance in the first team.

For the moment though i'm just concentrating on my playing career because I don't have long left so i want to play to the best of my ability and enjoy the rest of my playing career."

great if true, but we will probably end up with with a couple of businessmen with no real money instead.

I don't think he has fond memories of The Dell.

Not only did he hear the songs - he saw the malice in our eyes too being so close to the pitch...

Beckham goes Wilde on Lowe!

David Beckham has just bought Southampton FC from the current owners Southampton Leisure Holdings, and says "Vix and me always wanted another kid - so to celebrate we going to have a quick sh@g in Hamble...it's a nice name for a boy!"

Then he wakes up, looking at the £50m reality. Then thinks what the hell do I need that for.

I thought I'd go and buy a new E class Mercedes yesterday, picked out a car, then thought what the hell do I need to change cars for. So I don't think I'll bother.

If you're going to quote an article, you really need to include the full quote. You missed a bit from the middle paragraph:

"I like the looks of clubs such as Ipswich, Derby and Southampton because these are the types of clubs that are developing youngster players on a regular basis, especially Southampton who (along with their forward-thinking chairman and exciting management team) have implemented a new system for development whereby the younger players are given a chance in the first team. I would be absolutely thrilled to be involved. Thrilled, I tell you. Tom [Cruise] was bouncing up and down on the sofa when I told him about it."