Those bloody horns

I'm going to buy one so i've got something to do in between banging the back boards at St Marys.

Instead of banging the back boards take a drum, I've often thought we could do with one at St Marys to improve the atmosphere.

I think it's what the world cup will be remembered for TBH.

I think most people will watch the games with the sound muted. I know a couple of teams wanted them banned but FIFA weren't having any of it

I agree and surely anyone with a brain cell wants them banned? I'm all for atmosphere, chanting etc hell even chuck in a little crowd trouble if the game is boring but those horns are just noise for the sake of it.

I'd rather not advocate violence but if any supporters want to invade the S.African contingent and shove those horns up their arses then they'd get my vote.

Instead of banging the back boards take a drum, I've often thought we could do with one at St Marys to improve the atmosphere.

Do make a decision on this peeps, because it may become crucial whether I buy a season ticket or not. In fact, it may be crucial whether I ever turn up at St Marys again or not.

i got a nice little horn free with some Gilette razors the other day.tiny thing,about a 3rd the size of the one i used to take raving but loud as f*ck! will make sure i bring it along to every game next season ;)

Are the gillette razors for people to slit your throat after 10 mins of horn?

I would also like the TV cameras to stop filming hot, sexy women wearing next to nothing, that they pick out of a crowd and fixate on for the following 90 minutes.

I'm fed up of being reminded of all the women in the world that are sexier than my missus. I just want to watch 22 men touching each other, is that so much to ask?!?!?!

I would also like the TV cameras to stop filming hot, sexy women wearing next to nothing, that they pick out of a crowd and fixate on for the following 90 minutes.

I'm fed up of being reminded of all the women in the world that are sexier than my missus. I just want to watch 22 men touching each other, is that so much to ask?!?!?!

youre hanging on to those closet walls by your fingernails mate ;)

Be careful what you wish for!

Very careful...

Those trumpets things ruined the recent Confederations Cup over there. They will ruin many a game in the WC as well.

'The Sun' encouraging them. After 2 weeks worth of that endless drone destroying the atmosphere of many a game will those clueless cnts still wanna be associated with them? Probably. After all the kids can now go to football and have fun seeing who can blow their plastic thing the loudest - they won't have to worry about the game and they won't be able to hear the nasty chants from the crowd behind the goal.

BTW wasn't sure it was serious about The Sun getting involved. This video seems for real though (from Sun Football on FB):

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=119028024805221

You've gotta be kidding me? Right? Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrgggggh.

It's an African football thing, they're not that bad in games but damnit living in Cape Town if I hear another one at 3 am I'm going to go Sharpeville on someone.

Oh dear. not that bad eh.... theyre off already! I might be watching the whole world cup on mute! :confused::mad:

I was at a game at Bournemouth once and the youngster behind me had an aerosol foghorn. I was very close to sticking it up his own aerosol and emptying the whole tin.

Why do they do it? Those old wooden rattles were bad enough.Why can't we all just sit quietly and enjoy the game with the odd 'well done sir' or smattering of applause?

So, what if the World Cup were to be held in some previously unused part of the world? What local musical instruments might we expect to hear there? In Australia I suppose it would be bloody didgeridoos everywhere.

For a country that loves to make music with there voices and drums I dont get why there national instument sounds like a school full of 5 year olds having wazzoo band practice.

Just think , if we all turn tyhe sound down to eliminate that incessent noise the tV companies could ship their commentating morons back home, early.

I dont need a commentator beside me at SMS so WTF should I be subjected to one on TV, my eyes are working perfectly well and I dont need extracts from the Football Year-books.

Sometime ago the 'Beeb' use to broadcast, via the red button, with the option of turning the commentary off while retaining the crowd noises. Alas, no more.

What a miserable, closed minded bunch of complainers you lot are. It's a WORLD Cup. It's in South Africa, they support their teams in a different way. The differences are part of the thing that makes football supporting so fantastic, and anyone who's been to a World Cup (I've been to 3) will tell you meeting other fans and seeing what they do is a huge part of the experience.

Also, I zoned them out at the Confederations Cup 2009, so I barely even notice them now, like any background noise when you're concentrating on something else.

Wouldn't fancy sitting next to someone with one for long, but I'm only watching it on the box, so I have options.

Grumpy bstards!

Doesn't bother me, no point in moaning about it though.

Either mute it, or don't watch the match at all. Simple.

I don't see what the problem is, load of Victor Meldrews on here...

What a miserable, closed minded bunch of complainers you lot are. It's a WORLD Cup. It's in South Africa, they support their teams in a different way. The differences are part of the thing that makes football supporting so fantastic, and anyone who's been to a World Cup (I've been to 3) will tell you meeting other fans and seeing what they do is a huge part of the experience.

Also, I zoned them out at the Confederations Cup 2009, so I barely even notice them now, like any background noise when you're concentrating on something else.

Wouldn't fancy sitting next to someone with one for long, but I'm only watching it on the box, so I have options.

Grumpy bstards!

They are very annoying even just around the town (Pretoria), I'll let you know what they are like after the game tonight or tomorrow, if you don't hear from me it's because I have been arrested for shoving it up someones arse. By the way Bently I came here to watch games so can't use the mute button at the stadium.

Grumpy bstards!

I agree - my missus complained about them yesterday and I beat seven shades of shyte out of her. I'm due in court later, if I get bail, I'm going to buy a vuvuzela and shove it up her pee hole. Inconsiderate *****.

they are terrible....what is worse, is how the commentators are creaming themselves at the sound of them..

makes any game totally void of good old football chants..

lets hope the travelling English lot will shout them out

Yeh but the travelling England lot will have the sheffield wednesday band ruining our support, seriously gimpy being an England fan nowadays, thye just follow the band, ghey ghey7 ghey, someone needs to murder the band members.