Jos Hooiveld signs on loan

Ewell

Dutchman who made his name playing for AIK Stockholm in 2009 when they won the Swedish premiership. A tall aggressive player with good leadership attributes. As I remembered him he also have quite a good left foot. Would be really pleased with us signing him although him not really breaking through in Celtic..

As a Celtic fan I can tell you he is not as bad as is being said , Struggled a bit with injury early in his Celtic career but has always shown plenty of potential. His biggest problem is that Lennon never really fancied him and so didn't give him a fair crack at first team football , reminds me a bit of the "Fish" Mills situation at St Marys. Good enough player but not in favour with his present employer. I think he is fairly experienced for a young player and we could do worse than sign him. As others have said , Nigel could make him a Top player in the NPC.

I should also add he is a genuine centre half , That is his position

Edited by saintstr1

Virtually all of us think we need to strengthen in the middle of the back - ideally someone with a good left peg. So far, so good.

I'm not remotely worried if some Celtic fans don't rate him because the thing about central defenders is that they operate very much as a pair.

As long as he can dovetail well with Fonte we could have a much better player than the one the Celtic fans are talking about.

As a Celtic fan I can tell you he is not as bad as is being said , Struggled a bit with injury early in his Celtic career but has always shown plenty of potential. His biggest problem is that Lennon never really fancied him and so didn't give him a fair crack at first team football , reminds me a bit of the "Fish" Mills situation at St Marys. Good enough player but not in favour with his present employer. I think he is fairly experienced for a young player and we could do worse than sign him. As others have said , Nigel could make him a Top player in the NPC.

I should also add he is a genuine centre half , That is his position

Thanks for that,nice to hear something positive about this guy.

Lets think about this. He only played 10 times for Celtic after falling out of favour when Lennon took over. He may have struggled playing for such a big club, it happens to a lot of players. He played for AIK, and then went to FC Copenhagen on loan.

But most importantly, FM stats:

15 Heading

12 Marking

14 Tackling

12 Pace

CA = 121

PA = 130

Sounds similar to Fonte actually.

We should write him off, definitely. There are so many footballing experts on here who correctly predicted that Pahars, Crouch, Marsden, Strachan, Telfer, Williams, Lambert, Lallana, Bale, Jones and many others were no good for us. We should trust them, why bother waiting until a ball has been kicked?

We should write him off, definitely. There are so many footballing experts on here who correctly predicted that Pahars, Crouch, Marsden, Strachan, Telfer, Williams, Lambert, Lallana, Bale, Jones and many others were no good for us. We should trust them, why bother waiting until a ball has been kicked?

Again, nobody has written him off. Nobody.

In talks with Saints according to SSN.

http://www.celticfc.net/player.php?id=15

I can't say I can recall him especially, but AIK had a good season that year and did the double in Sweden 2009 , having said that the standard is scarcely better than CCC even at the highest level.

The only thing that looks good about him so far is the fact that he's 6' 4"

Edited by david in sweden

Fcks sake. Will give him a chance but spl reserve has to be on a par with league 2 at best.

I hope you are on a wind up. He was on loan at a team that made the last 16 of the Champions League in 2010/11.

Most Celtic fans passing comment on him have hardly seen him play. Being out of favour at Celtic doesn't mean you are crap by default.

Can't get in a very poor Celtic side, or discarded by a very poor manager who is also a very poor judge of a footballer?

Adkins or Lennon's observations - I know who I'd trust.

But still, let's write him off from the get go, eh?

Edited by Crab Lungs