Jos Hooiveld signs on loan

Ewell

Looks sh it e on paper, clearly fourth choice CB in the window at best after Jemal, Gorks and matey from Bristol who I have already forgotten. Fontaine. I'm sure the spinmeister generals on the forum will be spinning how fantastic this all is and how Cortese has played a blinder and this signing is absolute proof that we are standing up against agents and revolutionising football or something.

A bit underwhelmed but hey, from his interview on the OS he seems like a decent laid back guy who'll fit in with the lads. Good luck to him, clearly hasn't worked out at Celtic, hope gets a chance with us and finds a new lease of life!

Looks sh it e on paper, clearly fourth choice CB in the window at best after Jemal, Gorks and matey from Bristol who I have already forgotten. Fontaine. I'm sure the spinmeister generals on the forum will be spinning how fantastic this all is and how Cortese has played a blinder and this signing is absolute proof that we are standing up against agents and revolutionising football or something.

I've not seen anybody say it's "fantastic", but lots of sensible people happy to take a wait and see approach rather than assuming he's sh*te.

Very poor by saints...all summer to get a centre halve...could of had Gorkss or jemal

What a shame...and no striker to boot

this.

still, got a good squad, playing some nice football and we still have the option to loan. Bring on Notts Forest

Also linked with all manner of strikers as well as being knocked back by many so clearly failed there. Very disappointed TBH and what started as a promising window has gone downhill.

Lets go back to everyone telling us AOC going was great deal for club and we will spend on loads of new players. Load of tosh. Im sorry if I upset some people here but this has been a very poor effort for me. I thought we would at least sign a decent centre half and centre forward with a bit of pace.

Not much point giving my opinion on here as will just receive torrents of abuse from the usual suspects. Clearly the backup option judging by Adkin's comments.

Jot the names down and see how many in 1-2 months time are complaining that we are not up to the standards of the other teams and we should have spent more money in the transfer window.

Yeah we can wait till Jan and do it then but attracting players and persuading chairman to spend may be difficult if not in the hunt for promotion at that point.

I will get behind team and manager 100% but have to say I am really fricken disappointed with today's dealings

It was always going to be a tricky transfer window once we sold AOC. Instantly clubs and players think we're minted and that we'll pay silly Leicester type money. Seeing as the majority of fans on this forum seem to think we'll finish mid table this season and simply consolidate our Championship status, I am confident that we have the squad to do this. I don't see the point in being held to ransom (like Maynard for 6M,) when better, proven players are going for less. Hopefully in January we will be sitting happily in the top half and may be able to strengthen then. If we had lost our first four matches then I would possibly be worrying. We haven't, we're sitting second, hence there's no need to panic.

I've not seen anybody say it's "fantastic", but lots of sensible people happy to take a wait and see approach rather than assuming he's sh*te.

It's perfectly possible to wait and see, and make the observation that he looks sh it e on paper. He does. 7 starts for Celtic in a calendar year and 7 starts for Copenhagen in a loan spell suggests shi t e on paper in my book.

But of course I will wait and see. We all will. Jesus, spare us from the happy-clappers.

I'm a little disappointed, mainly due to the fact that Celtic fans simply think he's a load of tosh. But it's no biggy as it's just a loan, so we can see how he does. We already have a good squad of players here that have preformed bloody well this season, we did need another CB - and we've got one...and the loan window opens in a week or so.

There's no point in spending money for the sake of it, we've been very specific on our targets but unfortunately they couldn't come off - no idea why, but we've shown the intent to try and make some high-profile moves.

It maybe dissapointing but we are trying to find players that are better than what we have or will improve the team without paying extortionate prices like LCFC. Other teams seem to be replacing 75% of their squad no matter what the cost so by comparrison it looks like we have done nothing.

Loan window will open and those players outside of 25 man squads will be available and then the january window will be open. By then if we are in a position where promotion to the prem is still achievable we will be more attractive to players that want prem football. Better bargaining position n all that. If we are a way off then consolodate or splash the cash will be the decission. The main aim is to bring the youth through to the 1st team so NC is not going to be spunking wad loads of cash on mercinarys in the near future.

He is a Saints player...give the man a chance...if he is quality then good signing

At least he has not cost us a transfer fee.

Some of you need a reality check when it comes to our squad, stop this boo boy bull**** and back the players.

So much of those ITK knowing sod all, lets trust NA and NC to run the club and we do our bit by supporting the team

Welcome and good luck etc.

Underwhelmed, Celtic are awful, but then if we don't have money it's fair enough. People's expectations are just crazy based on pure assumption. All this 'missed opportunity' stuff, well show me the evidence we opted out of the opportunities. As far as I'm concerned we aren't a club to cave in to poor value and aren't a club with no regard for finance or an huge pool of owner resources.

But we have been told all summer that bids for Sharp etc indicates that we do have money. Either we don't have money and put in stupid bids for players for show or we do have money and have dicked a load of players around and been rejected by the majority meaning we have to settle for Celtic's fourth choice CB which on the face of it doesn't sound very good at all. The usual people will spin this and call posters like me all names under the sun but after all the speculation and bids going in only to be rejected, it's a big big disappointment.

It's perfectly possible to wait and see, and make the observation that he looks sh it e on paper. He does. 7 starts for Celtic in a calendar year and 7 starts for Copenhagen in a loan spell suggests shi t e on paper in my book.

But of course I will wait and see. We all will. Jesus, spare us from the happy-clappers.

We all will. Jesus, spare us from the wrist-slitters. How about we all just wait and see eh?

Welcome and good luck etc.

Underwhelmed, Celtic are awful, but then if we don't have money it's fair enough. People's expectations are just crazy based on pure assumption. All this 'missed opportunity' stuff, well show me the evidence we opted out of the opportunities. As far as I'm concerned we aren't a club to cave in to poor value and aren't a club with no regard for finance or an huge pool of owner resources.

But we have had months to get in a defender...you have to be completely nuts to not recognise that so why did we end up with a guy that has to travel and play in 5 countries to get a game and then cant and is obviously 4/5th choice?

We should be a big draw for players with our position, facilities and club but for some reason it hasnt happened.

We have him until January so will get my full support but I must admit that I am concerned.

Former Champions League player on loan. He hasn't endeared himself to Celtic fans but could be he needs a different club, like we've seen with Puncheon. (ok, Puncheon maybe isn't the best example...) Loan is a perfect way to give him a chance and we could have a good player on our hands.

Just remind me which of you preaching this "we won't break the bank, being sensible, evil agents, held to ransom, sustainable club" stuff were the same ones saying we will be playing Champion's League football in a 45,000 seater stadium in the next few years?

Those two things are completely mutually exclusive so do remind me which route you are proposing the club should follow.

And before anyone starts having a pop, I think managing the club sustainably is absolutely the right thing to do. But I also think that a result of that is we will never, ever be a Champions League club, which is absolutely fine by me.

Former Champions League player on loan. He hasn't endeared himself to Celtic fans but could be he needs a different club, like we've seen with Puncheon. (ok, Puncheon maybe isn't the best example...) Loan is a perfect way to give him a chance and we could have a good player on our hands.

I believe he was an un-used sub in the champions league games though. He didn't have a good spell at fc kobenhavn at all.

I'll make the obvious comparisson. Jan Paul Saeijs wasn't wanted by Roda JC and he came in and did pretty well for us. Let's not get too 'underwhelmed' just yet. Seaborne and Martin have done pretty well between them overall and Jaidi will do a job every now and then. Up front we have 5 decent and varied options, so we're hardly desperate there either.

Welcome Jos. Now prove some people wrong.

Interesting article:

Didn't impress on trial at Livingstone in 2005 but then had a renaissance in Finland and Sweden, seeing him pick up Sweden's player of the year in 2009 (MLG?). Went to Celtic for £2m - quite a high fee by Scandinavian standards.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/01/11/exclusive-celtic-land-s2million-dutch-defender-jos-hooiveld-86908-21957958/

Quite a rollercoaster: could be utter turd; or a real gem. Either way, worth having a look and suspending the judgments till we see the lad play.

Edited by shurlock

Lets go back to everyone telling us AOC going was great deal for club and we will spend on loads of new players. Load of tosh. Im sorry if I upset some people here but this has been a very poor effort for me. I thought we would at least sign a decent centre half and centre forward with a bit of pace.

I agree. I generally get fed up with the moaners and was willing to wait and see. I waited and don't like what I see. NA talked big about a CB & CF and it hasn't happened. Makes you wonder why ! If NA himself hadn't made noises about signing 2 better players then I probably wouldnt feel as disappointed right now

but we've also been told about silly prices and wage demands. I'd love to know the exact figures asked for. no use having money if it just means being ripped off. as i said on the other thread, it's all assumption from everyone. I'd love to know the real situation, but I don't.

Then why have other managers been able to sign half decent players? Not all of them are throwing around money like confetti like West Ham and Leicester.

But we have been told all summer that bids for Sharp etc indicates that we do have money. Either we don't have money and put in stupid bids for players for show or we do have money and have dicked a load of players around and been rejected by the majority meaning we have to settle for Celtic's fourth choice CB which on the face of it doesn't sound very good at all.

I'm disappointed too, but let me put to you a related scenario. You have ten quid in your pocket. "Hurrah", you say, "I do have some money, so let's spend it". You wander down this new bar, full of posh totty you couldn't afford, where it buys you one drink. You could have walked a bit further and had a full evening in another better value bar. But it's not just that. You spend your money and then remember that the leccy bill is due at the end of the week and you haven't budgeted for it. Your East End and Leicester mates just say sod the leccy board, my mate in Portsmouth never pays his bill...