Saints interested in Dutch goalkeeper

Dr. Kucho

Mate over in the Netherlands mailed me to say that we are interested in Volendam goalkeeper Robbin Ruiter.

His email (he apologises for his English),

According to Dutch football website Voetbalzone.nl Southampton are 1 of 5 clubs (others are Feyenoord, Groningen, Vitesse and Utrecht) interested

in 24 year old Volendam goalkeeper Robbin Ruiter. The article says that Southampton manager Nigel Adkins was in crowd watching him in the home game

against Fc Oss (1-2 home defeat) last Friday. The article then goes on how Southampton were relegated in 2005 but are now on the up and that former

Eredivisie players Jos Hooiveld, Steve de Ridder and David Connolly play for them.

Then today voetbalzone updated the article with Volendam manager Gert Kruys confirming that Southampton have shown interest in Robbin Ruiter and that

Nigel Adkins was in the crowd Friday.

This is the article, http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=154636 and this is his webpage (its all in Dutch but heres the video section http://robbinruiter.nl/videos/

I cant say much about Ruiter as he plays in the Jupiler League (Dutch second division) and I know little about that league.

I have asked him to get some more information on this guy and how he is rated by the Volendam fans. He says he will get back to me, though that could take a

while knowing him. He also states that he is not ITK and simply just passing on the message.

Biography

It is 25 March 1987 whenever I worn one pretty woensdagmiddag within the VU Infirmary within Amsterdam to worldwide pelvis. My youth have I not within the weigh upon metropolis ours land quoted , solely within the tiny fishing village Volendam. With my oudersJeroen ( and Ria ) and sibling ( godfather ) have been I yonder since my birth resident.

With one voetballende sire and one play tennis mother top the sportbloed yet worn young one lifetime worthy the not travel might. Worn my fifth year have been I both and phalanx struggling with the local soccer club RKAV Volendam , when the local tennisvereniging , TV Dijkzicht. The study with this sport pale within my soon tienerjaren ranch within combine.

Yet wist I who yonder soon whether tardy one option ready-made ought to turn. Near some substantial discussions with my parents was a failure my option ultimate worn soccer. My first year towards RKAV Volendam wax I one enthusiastic voetballertje who everywhere worn the field within think wax and willingly one goal meepikte.

Yet was willing I the year upon it willingly , rope when my sire , worn plan standing. Until worn the bye bye from today have I not one one moment regret sharp with who ruling. Within the youth with RKAV Volendam it is not ever plain sailing gegaan. I wax sooner one tiny little man , might regularly not towards put forward and mist strength towards the shoot.

The wax nothing strange who hang fire regularly doubt whether they my lieten sound unpleasant yen year. Symmetric went yonder one rival aangetrokken , solely who deed my little. I stayed within myself think and who begonia themselves little by little out of to pay. Near one groeispurt make I the stand over with the fancier the profafdeling with Volendam. Towards FC Volendam came I with keeperstrainers within works when Fred Elfring Casper Blacksmith Jan Arbitrariness with Ede Edwin Zoetebier and meanwhile with Pine Defeat.

Within the year whilst hang fire Godfather with Paperbacked FC Volendam A2) make I one strong output through. With who team promoveerden we the First Division. Near this good season went I spy upon with one stain within the A1 with which we within the season 2006-2007 within the Rural Eredivisie uitkwamen.

We were involved within one competition versus among others Ajax Feyenoord PSV worthy at the time boyish were involved when Royston Saunter Real Madrid Eljero Elia HSV Evander Sno Bristol City Gregory with der Wheel ( Ajax ) and various other player who meanwhile one's doorgebroken within the profvoetbal. We knew one inconvenient year , solely nevertheless wisten we we via the nacompetitie within uphold.

This went celebrated when one championship. During this season went I until the prime party to towards the first team with FC Volendam. I tight very worn the workbench during the wounded cup tie versus PRIVATE COMPANY Peat cutting. The next pace wax Young one Volendam. Owing to injury and one roulatiesysteem came I not weekly upon play up to.

Yet stood I not still within my output and went I townish more often towards the first team with Standing Menzo party to. With through injury with my then colleague Raymond Queer and Paul Cook went I at the end of the season 2007-2008 second goalkeeper behind Jeroen Prevent. Through here make I the championship with near by with.

One splendid experience until one young one puppies normal! Near the championship talk FC Volendam trust within my out of through the volunteer with one contract. I went positively phalanx with the first team who within uitkwam within the Eredivisie. Unfortunately was obliged to I near the stamp with the contract yet momentarily take care the yard take.

The society eight my yet not ripe sufficiently to within the Eredivisie when standing - within with Jeroen Prevent within function. Hang fire French Eagle zocht unpleasant one goalkeeper with more experience and trok Harmen Kuperus upon when second goalkeeper. Solely één turn tight I towards the wedstrijdselectie , the away game towards NAC Wide. Near one nerve-racking closing bid speeldag degradeerde we out of the Eredivisie.

Short until the end with the season had Manager Voetbalzaken Godfather Yield my within know gegeven who FC Volendam future within my zag and willingly with my through was willing. I would be within first resort the function with second goalkeeper travel perform behind Jeroen Prevent.

Within one's shadow would be I my may doorontwikkelen. Hither might I my in full within think and I renewable my contract towards The Other Orange-coloured with two year until 2011. The preparation worn the season 2009-2010 is yet solely rope begonia when Ajax themselves report until Jeroen Prevent. He time of departure the society out of Amsterdam and Theo Zwarthoed is being aangetrokken when new first goalkeeper.

Through one injury with Theo Zwarthoed make I sooner then expected worn 20 November 2009 my first appearance until FC Volendam within the home match versus Helmet Sport. In spite of the 1-2 defeat word I uitgeroepen until ‘Man whether the Contest. It is yet solely the treshold with my , yet early , transportation when profvoetballer. I ga my do one's utmost to within tracks within tread with my fatherhood pawnshop , who save towards FC Volendam too ever the plan with Anderlecht and the Dutch Team defensible.

Biography

It is 25 March 1987 whenever I worn one pretty woensdagmiddag within the VU Infirmary within Amsterdam to worldwide pelvis. My youth have I not within the weigh upon metropolis ours land quoted , solely within the tiny fishing village Volendam. With my oudersJeroen ( and Ria ) and sibling ( godfather ) have been I yonder since my birth resident.

With one voetballende sire and one play tennis mother top the sportbloed yet worn young one lifetime worthy the not travel might. Worn my fifth year have been I both and phalanx struggling with the local soccer club RKAV Volendam , when the local tennisvereniging , TV Dijkzicht. The study with this sport pale within my soon tienerjaren ranch within combine.

Yet wist I who yonder soon whether tardy one option ready-made ought to turn. Near some substantial discussions with my parents was a failure my option ultimate worn soccer. My first year towards RKAV Volendam wax I one enthusiastic voetballertje who everywhere worn the field within think wax and willingly one goal meepikte.

Yet was willing I the year upon it willingly , rope when my sire , worn plan standing. Until worn the bye bye from today have I not one one moment regret sharp with who ruling. Within the youth with RKAV Volendam it is not ever plain sailing gegaan. I wax sooner one tiny little man , might regularly not towards put forward and mist strength towards the shoot.

The wax nothing strange who hang fire regularly doubt whether they my lieten sound unpleasant yen year. Symmetric went yonder one rival aangetrokken , solely who deed my little. I stayed within myself think and who begonia themselves little by little out of to pay. Near one groeispurt make I the stand over with the fancier the profafdeling with Volendam. Towards FC Volendam came I with keeperstrainers within works when Fred Elfring Casper Blacksmith Jan Arbitrariness with Ede Edwin Zoetebier and meanwhile with Pine Defeat.

Within the year whilst hang fire Godfather with Paperbacked FC Volendam A2) make I one strong output through. With who team promoveerden we the First Division. Near this good season went I spy upon with one stain within the A1 with which we within the season 2006-2007 within the Rural Eredivisie uitkwamen.

We were involved within one competition versus among others Ajax Feyenoord PSV worthy at the time boyish were involved when Royston Saunter Real Madrid Eljero Elia HSV Evander Sno Bristol City Gregory with der Wheel ( Ajax ) and various other player who meanwhile one's doorgebroken within the profvoetbal. We knew one inconvenient year , solely nevertheless wisten we we via the nacompetitie within uphold.

This went celebrated when one championship. During this season went I until the prime party to towards the first team with FC Volendam. I tight very worn the workbench during the wounded cup tie versus PRIVATE COMPANY Peat cutting. The next pace wax Young one Volendam. Owing to injury and one roulatiesysteem came I not weekly upon play up to.

Yet stood I not still within my output and went I townish more often towards the first team with Standing Menzo party to. With through injury with my then colleague Raymond Queer and Paul Cook went I at the end of the season 2007-2008 second goalkeeper behind Jeroen Prevent. Through here make I the championship with near by with.

One splendid experience until one young one puppies normal! Near the championship talk FC Volendam trust within my out of through the volunteer with one contract. I went positively phalanx with the first team who within uitkwam within the Eredivisie. Unfortunately was obliged to I near the stamp with the contract yet momentarily take care the yard take.

The society eight my yet not ripe sufficiently to within the Eredivisie when standing - within with Jeroen Prevent within function. Hang fire French Eagle zocht unpleasant one goalkeeper with more experience and trok Harmen Kuperus upon when second goalkeeper. Solely één turn tight I towards the wedstrijdselectie , the away game towards NAC Wide. Near one nerve-racking closing bid speeldag degradeerde we out of the Eredivisie.

Short until the end with the season had Manager Voetbalzaken Godfather Yield my within know gegeven who FC Volendam future within my zag and willingly with my through was willing. I would be within first resort the function with second goalkeeper travel perform behind Jeroen Prevent.

Within one's shadow would be I my may doorontwikkelen. Hither might I my in full within think and I renewable my contract towards The Other Orange-coloured with two year until 2011. The preparation worn the season 2009-2010 is yet solely rope begonia when Ajax themselves report until Jeroen Prevent. He time of departure the society out of Amsterdam and Theo Zwarthoed is being aangetrokken when new first goalkeeper.

Through one injury with Theo Zwarthoed make I sooner then expected worn 20 November 2009 my first appearance until FC Volendam within the home match versus Helmet Sport. In spite of the 1-2 defeat word I uitgeroepen until ‘Man whether the Contest. It is yet solely the treshold with my , yet early , transportation when profvoetballer. I ga my do one's utmost to within tracks within tread with my fatherhood pawnshop , who save towards FC Volendam too ever the plan with Anderlecht and the Dutch Team defensible.

Der Hollandische as she is spreken.

I have always wondered why they never show..... where the goalkeeper let it roll between his legs into the goal:rolleyes:

Where it bounced off his shoulder or his chest.:scared:

Where he threw it to the opposing player who then scored:uhoh:

Where he missed punching the ball three times in the same game:blush:

Mind you he did look gooooooood in these clips....

Why has he not been picked up before now...

Swansea signed a reliatvley unknown keeper, going by the name of Michel Vorm in the summer. He has been a revelation for them and looks one hell of a prospect.

Just because they are playing in a lower standard of league does not mean they don't have the ability to step up. If you go by that logic then Arsenal should stop signing L1 players from us.

YouTube

Making **** players look good for years

Fair point that. I still remember in our first season at SMS being shown a highlights video on the big screens at half time of our new star player we'd just signed thinking wow what a signing he's going to be. That was of course a video of Delgado.

Swansea signed a reliatvley unknown keeper, going by the name of Michel Vorm in the summer. He has been a revelation for them and looks one hell of a prospect.

Just because they are playing in a lower standard of league does not mean they don't have the ability to step up. If you go by that logic then Arsenal should stop signing L1 players from us.

They have.

This year they'll all be nPc players

Biography

Thanks for posting this - hilarious

:lol:

Never mind the goalkeeping is his banter on twitter any good ?

Indeed, he could be the next Vorm or Tim Krul.

Sorry for going all MLG on you but Vorm had played international football for Holland before Swansea signed him. I'm not sure that qualifies him as unkown.

Fair point that. I still remember in our first season at SMS being shown a highlights video on the big screens at half time of our new star player we'd just signed thinking wow what a signing he's going to be. That was of course a video of Delgado.

He was a tremendous player for Ecuador but by the time you saw that video his knee was gone.

Adkins wouldn't have gone to see Ruiter unless he'd already impressed a lot of good football people at a Club known for spotting young talent early.

Where he's playing right now, for me, has very little to do with it. Everyone has to start somewhere.

And looking at our positional depth in goal right now, I'd say we need to do something urgently.

Honestly speaking - I never got into this " love-in " some people had when Bart came as an up-and-coming teenager.

After 4 years .or is it .5 ? .......you'd have thought he would have been strongly challenging for KD's spot, but doesn't look the part (IMHO).

I don't have Adkins' confidence in him - even before the Blackpool blunder. He may look great in training... but that doesn't affect our points position - does it ?.

He needs real games - certainly, but we are talking about someone who (on today's showing will be our no.2 keeper - when we get promoted to the Prem.) and good as he (still) is ....KD's days are surely numbered in the no.1 spot.

We must find at least TWO reliable keepers - if we are to be considered even a fairly good Prem.outfit . We can't rely on Ricky scoring goals every week. In our first sojourn with the top flight (1966- ). Ron Davies goals' kept us up, but we had the worst defence in that League, and stayed up by the skin of our teeth almost every season.

The fiasco signing of Forecast must rate alongside Ali Dia, but unfortunately Forecast came with a five year contract (hurts me to even write about it ) - so for that reason I'm not even considering him as a future Saints "anything ".

If Bart is loaned out for half-a season, as I think he should, it'll gives us the answer to his future and won't cost us valuable promotion points at the same time.

Edited by david in sweden

David, like you I've never had much confidence in Bart and have often posted to that effect. I watched him quite a lot in the early years and quickly concluded that he has the most critical weakness a keeper can have - a fragile psyche; when he makes an error, which he often does, it's quickly followed by others.

For me, a fragile psyche in a keeper is pretty much like a shaky hand in a brain surgeon.

I really hope we act quickly on this if we think he's a good 'un, because he won't be around for long, Bart's not up to it, and Kelvin's shelf life is diminishing rapidly.

David, like you I've never had much confidence in Bart and have often posted to that effect.

For me, a fragile psyche in a keeper is pretty much like a shaky hand in a brain surgeon. QUOTE]

EXACTLY Canada, in some ways the goalie has to be the " toughest player " in the team ....mentally-speaking.

People will forgive a striker who misses an open goal now and again, but a goalie can't take back a mistake that cost the team points, or a game !

It takes some special type of mindset to stand up to that every week but sadly Bart doesn't have it. Its tough to come in for a 250 game player and perform. Bart's been too long on the bench, and hasn't played enough.

I recall Tim Flowers had a torrid time when he had to follow Peter Shilton..who was good enough to replace Gordan Banks when he was only 18.

Edited by david in sweden

Mate just got back to me regarding this guy.

He says that we could face a struggle getting him as he would most likely be number 1 goalkeeper at FC Groningen and FC Utrecht, though Robbin Ruiter has stated that he doesnt want to move within the Netherlands and would only move abroad. He is highly rated by the Volendam fans and one of the best players of the Jupiler league.

On another note my mate says that De Ridder and Hooiveld also played in the Jupiler League, and that you can compare the Jupiler League to League 2 here.

Hardly an unknown as he was at the time 3rd choice dutch international. But agree with your point ;)

Totally agree. We should be aiming for top European keepers like Valdes, Casillas and Buffon, not this no-hoper.

If I was FOTB then I would be pushing for us to strengthen in the January window. I would initiate a weekly quiz with all proceeds going to fund the increase in wages.

Hardly an unknown as he was at the time 3rd choice dutch international. But agree with your point ;)

someone said.. A GOALIE IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE DEFENDERS IN FRONT OF HIM....

not quite true every time maybe, but I recall that Peter Shilton had a torrid time when (as England and Saints keeper in the early 1980's)

Saints leaked in ..18 goals in the first 7 games after his arrival !....

TBF we don't know what sort of defence.. this guy ..or any other, has to contend with regardless of which league they are in.

If I was FOTB then I would be pushing for us to strengthen in the January window. I would initiate a weekly quiz with all proceeds going to fund the increase in wages.

It's those sort of lame tactics that were the reason why you didnt get the job Um. As a FOTB you have the ideal opportunity to instigate some ground breaking revenue making opportunities.

I still think there is a lot of mileage in the text the song service. Fans subscribe to a text service of £2.25 per text and can vote for what song they want sung during games. The winning song is announced at 10 minute intervals and the song word put on the score board with the music played over the tannoy so everyone is in time. Business can sponsor the song and have their name read out. For example

"and the winner of the song to be sung on ten minutes with 3498 votes, sponsored by Skandia, is OWTSGMI, all together now, Oh When the Saints......."

Good point

It's those sort of lame tactics that were the reason why you didnt get the job Um. As a FOTB you have the ideal opportunity to instigate some ground breaking revenue making opportunities.

I still think there is a lot of mileage in the text the song service. Fans subscribe to a text service of £2.25 per text and can vote for what song they want sung during games. The winning song is announced at 10 minute intervals and the song word put on the score board with the music played over the tannoy so everyone is in time. Business can sponsor the song and have their name read out. For example

"and the winner of the song to be sung on ten minutes with 3498 votes, sponsored by Skandia, is OWTSGMI, all together now, Oh When the Saints......."

I'd have gone even further with new technology and brought in the text-a-sub thingy that some Scandanavian club has been doing.

Fans get a chance to text in their substitution (player on and off) and our Nigel has to comply with biggest vote.

FOTB, fan power and terrace managers all working together.

I'd have gone even further with new technology and brought in the text-a-sub thingy that some Scandanavian club has been doing.

Fans get a chance to text in their substitution (player on and off) and our Nigel has to comply with biggest vote.

FOTB, fan power and terrace managers all working together.

Good idea, but the only problem with that is you'd only ever get one sub every week. Guly off, SDR on.

There is also a market to be had in SFC branded colostomy bags to help the multitude of people that go down stair on 40 minutes for a p*ss. The ROI for this is impressive. Working off £30 ticket the average fan loses £1.66 per game in terms of missed minutes paid for by going downstairs. By charging £89 for an SFC colostomy bag they will be saving money and seeing an ROI in only 56 games. Although of course the design and letter will change every season and no one wants to be lumbered with last seasons version. It will also give more drinking time due to no queing for the bogs meaning demand is higher so the price of beer and food can be increased. Everyones a winner.

really? I gave up half way as the saves were all so basic that any clown could make them.

But I also recall a tame shot/cross to the nearpost and shot against Blackpool that any clown should have held onto but he did not , hence we should cast our search for a future GK ,or even reserve GK far and wide .