Just as I thought though. Only 6 team exist

Man U

Man city

Spurs

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

Amazing how they can talk so much about so few clubs

Right now, they are discussing who mourinho and pelligrini may sign.

Just like they have been doing all week. And the week before that

Just thought I would pop talksport on for an hour and get any gossip

Man U

Man city

Spurs

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

You tuned into Talksport expecting decent, reliable, Saints transfer news?

Just thought I would pop talksport on for an hour and get any gossip

Man U

Man city

Spurs

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

To be fair those are the clubs most people want to hear about.

Kinda bad news on the Astori front, Italian press are reporting that Naples are now favourites to sign him unless Benitez can get either Skrtel or Vermaalen.

Maybe we aren't even in for him now, have had ages to put something together if we were as interest was there in Jan too.

Just watching Netherlands v Russia in the U21's tournament. Georginio Wijnaldum looks a class act and has scored a brilliant goal to give the dutch the lead. According to commentary he ideally wants to play through the middle but is being used on the right hand side in a 4-3-3.

Has an excellent record for both former club Feyenoord and current club PSV. Bagged 19 goals and got 5 assists in the Eredivisie last season. Not sure on his worth but I imagine it would be in the same ball park as Lens and still only 22 as well.

Edited by Saint Scott

PSV have got some excellent young players - Lens, Strootman, Mertens, Wijnaldum, Narsingh, Hiljemark... any of them CDAJFU.

Double swoop for Lens and Wijnaldum would be nice.

--------------LAMBERT-----------------

---LENS------------------WIJNALDUM---

apparently there are southampton scouts at the holland-russia game

no idea if this guy is reliable or not

Very likely. Henry Winter listed us as being amongst the scouts for the England game the other evening.

Think Wijnaldum prefers to play through the middle, watched him once or twice at Feyenoord and he's not blessed with electric pace. Cracking player though.

Yeah, you're right Mikey. Wijnaldum plays AMC for his club. Great player.

Interesting article on Wanyama with Sky Sports. Could it be us in talks?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11787/8768712/Transfer-News-Victor-Wanyama-admits-he-could-leave-Celtic

Transfer News: Victor Wanyama admits he could leave Celtic

Asked about whether he was currently in talks with any English Premier League sides, he continued: "At the moment there are some things, some talks going on.

"But I am concentrating with the national side and I have left that with my agent and I have not contacted him.

"There are talks going on, but as I said I am on international duty and I will now what is going on when I go back to the club."

10m seems a bit steep on a player who hasn't really played top level football bar a few games in the CL. Risky transfer IMO...could turn out to be brilliant though, glad I'm not making the decisions.

they won't get 10 million for him, 4 or 5 at the outside. Players like him are 2 a penny, you can find them on any public rec around Paris.

Am hearing a lot of whispers that Lyon have accepted a bid from us for Dejan Lovren.

Twitter? Stuff like @SaintsViews? @TalkSaints? @SaintsCorner? all that kind of sh!te?!

Deadline Day ‏@DeadlineDay 1h

We understand that #Southampton have had a bid accepted for Dejan Lovren. #Lyon still received no bid from #Liverpool. #LFC #SaintsFC

Francois Micoud ‏@EuropeanUpdate 1h

We understand that #Southampton have had a bid accepted for Dejan Lovren. #Lyon still received no (cont) http://tl.gd/m11t40

Credible sources I see!

Edited by Saint Garrett

What exactly does that mean?

Definatly one source I would consider reliable. Possibly a second, they've been right in the past.

Twitter? Stuff like @SaintsViews? @TalkSaints? @SaintsCorner? all that kind of sh!te?!

I rarely use twitter just a medium for WUM's to vent their bulls**t.

Would be good if true.. don't watch alot of French football but looked good against Spuds if i remember correctly
Don't know much about him, but 3 red cards in only 18 league appearances last season really doesn't sound great if I've read that right.

He did not play and was not even in the Croatia squad that got beat by Scotland the other night in the WC qualifier. Must be injured. Or not good enough to play at CB for Croatia against a team with a powerful attacking threat like Scotland. ;-)

Twitter is flooded with these stupid transfer ITK accounts now. You can get good info but have to find the reliable sources which is harder to do now.

This, it's very annoying. I don't use twitter that much, but normally have a flick through the #Saintsfc hashtag to have a catch up, and it just seems to be littered by people who want to be ITK but basically just spreading pointless sh!tty rumours.

He did not play and was not even in the Croatia squad that got beat by Scotland the other night in the WC qualifier. Must be injured. Or not good enough to play at CB for Croatia against a team with a powerful attacking threat like Scotland. ;-)

He got married on saturday so may have had something to do with it. BTW his good lady is pretty tasty so I am fully in favour of him joining purely on the basis she will improve the WAG's line up.

He got married on saturday so may have had something to do with it. BTW his good lady is pretty tasty so I am fully in favour of him joining purely on the basis she will improve the WAG's line up.

Choosing personal interests ahead of playing for his country, I thought these balkan lads were meant to be patrotic? Doesn't seem like the sort of character we want IMO.