James Beattie

Viking Warrior

Watching sky beats been interviewed . Says he has spoken to one or two folk at the club

beats don't be a c**k gets both sides of the story before blabbing to sky

Has he made, or tried to make, any startling revelations about the club ?

Not sure what the issue is.

He said that things "aren't as rosy" at the club as they appear from the outside. This mainly centred around the suggestion that there isn't as much interest from the family now Markus has gone - which we've learnt is rubbish.

How do you come to that conclusion?

For me there are a few things that suggest it is rubbish;

1) The training ground

2) Under pitch heating

3) LED lighting

4) Koeman

5) Stripes (Personally couldn't give a monkeys)

All a little bit meaningless on their own, but each one and collectively suggest a long term investment and strategy.

Each and everyone of those could have been either omitted and done at a lot less cost (Except the stripes, but clearly aimed at our heritage)..... Not the actions of an owner without interest.

Say what you like about Beatts he has the best interests of SFC at heart. There is trouble behind the scenes I'm sure, we hear to much about it to not be true but I'm hoping the new board, management and players ill all have a calming effect as we are a club in heavy transition. I have faith we'll be fine for what it's worth (not much).

Say what you like about Beatts he has the best interests of SFC at heart. There is trouble behind the scenes I'm sure, we hear to much about it to not be true but I'm hoping the new board, management and players ill all have a calming effect as we are a club in heavy transition. I have faith we'll be fine for what it's worth (not much).

Complete ********. Beattie is mates with Dodd and clearly has an anti-board agenda. What trouble behind the scenes ? No evidence at all.

Several first hand accounts aren't considered evidence now?

Frankly, who cares?

Now that Cortese is gone, Benali, MLT and Duncan are all back on board, more or less. Now that Dodd and Williams are gone, they and their mates like Beattie are sh*t stirring in their place.

Complete ********. Beattie is mates with Dodd and clearly has an anti-board agenda. What trouble behind the scenes ? No evidence at all.

Well I spent an hour in the company of Beattie and Benali just recently and not one anti board word passed their lips, in fact Franny in particular was full of praise so that rather flies in the face of your rather unpleasant guess work. And a very good friend of mine spoke to Jason at the weekend and again not one bitter word about the board came from his lips and his dismissal came up in the conversation.

Manji you are just full of nasty sh it!

Beattie has the interests of James beattie at heart. I feel sorry for his close relatives.

Well I spent an hour in the company of Beattie and Benali just recently and not one anti board word passed their lips, in fact Franny in particular was full of praise so that rather flies in the face of your rather unpleasant guess work. And a very good friend of mine spoke to Jason at the weekend and again not one bitter word about the board came from his lips and his dismissal came up in the conversation.

What happened with the dismissal then?

Just regurgitating old stuff . Liebherrs not putting in the investment Markus did . Comments re NC . Things not okay behind the scenes .

Just nonsense and not needed . I thought beats was a bit brighter than that .

So its negative so it has to be nonsense ? Righto

What happened with the dismissal then?

He got dismissed and he does not know why but he is content with what he left with and has no issue.

Perhaps (and this is me talking not him) his way of doing things did not equate to what the club wanted, these things happen. All I know the three players mentioned have no axe to grind and in the case of Franny I think you could say he is really pleased that a certain person has now left. I am only posting this because people just make things up to suit agendas and manji is the nastiest little troll on this forum.

He got dismissed and he does not know why but he is content with what he left with and has no issue.

Perhaps (and this is me talking not him) his way of doing things did not equate to what the club wanted, these things happen. All I know the three players mentioned have no axe to grind and in the case of Franny I think you could say he is really pleased that a certain person has now left. I am only posting this because people just make things up to suit agendas and manji is the nastiest little troll on this forum.

There are agendas both sides of the board arguement Dunc, Im not going to get into an arguement with you about anything, but laying cards on the table you are pro the new shape and I was pro NC (for the footballing side, nothing else) all Im saying is theres so many on here that dismiss things to suit agendas. Theres no point in that, Id rather have both sides of the story and know the shape of things.

Its painfully obvious to me that things were bad, hence an exodus, I get the players leaving for CL and obviously a lot of that is to do with it, but the manner of exit speaks volumes.

Regardless now, things seem to be moving forward, hopefully we are over the wave and calmer waters are approaching. I think the new board were niave more than anything, time will always tell though.

Jury is still out for me, but Im happy to give them time

Surely you should be on first name terms. Hurling abuse is unworthy of the "club historian". I reckon you are an unpleasant chap yourself.

1) SRL

2) Lallana

3) Shaw

4) Lovren

5) Morgan

:mcinnes:

I think you have completely missed the context of the post. The first three are peripheral things, that simply wouldn't be done if there was no interest or long term plan.

The fourth is a very expensive option, when many cheaper options would have been available - Again not the actions of a no interest short term vision.

As for your points;

1) Cortese was all for selling rickie to West Ham - Katrina pulled the plug on the deal

2) Not much you can do when a players head is turned - except hold out for the best deal. It would seem that we done or got pretty close to that.

3) Probably the best bit of business Saints have done in my lifetime. I also suspect that at the time Shaw signed his first professional contract when the vultures were already circling that clauses to allow him to leave were in place - Him signing the contract was a thank you to Saints, to allow us to get a fee (That's a pure theory - Not based on anything else)

4) For a club with no ambition, we are certainly making him squinny for his move and pushing Liverpool to the hilt. dint be surprise to see this one fall through. Not the actions of a club with a short term vision. - Quite the contrary and I should have used it as one of my examples :lol:

5) Have I missed something.......

For this I can forgive him for a few ill chosen and badly timed words.

saintspompey-1.jpg

I think he still does a charity work in Southampton, and has often dipped into his own pocket to help out Accrington Stanley as a club and their fans. He is doing a lot of good community PR up there.

Plus lamping a skate in a chinese restuarant after he'd left us is commendable as well ;-)

Edited by ericofarabia

For this I can forgive him for a few ill chosen and badly timed words.

saintspompey-1.jpg

I think he still does a charity work in Southampton, and has often dipped into his own pocket to help out Accrington Stanley as a club and their fans. He is doing a lot of good community PR up there.

Plus lamping a skate in a chinese restuarant after he'd left us is commendable as well ;-)

Couldn't agree more

There are agendas both sides of the board arguement Dunc, Im not going to get into an arguement with you about anything, but laying cards on the table you are pro the new shape and I was pro NC (for the footballing side, nothing else) all Im saying is theres so many on here that dismiss things to suit agendas. Theres no point in that, Id rather have both sides of the story and know the shape of things.

Its painfully obvious to me that things were bad, hence an exodus, I get the players leaving for CL and obviously a lot of that is to do with it, but the manner of exit speaks volumes.

Regardless now, things seem to be moving forward, hopefully we are over the wave and calmer waters are approaching. I think the new board were niave more than anything, time will always tell though.

Jury is still out for me, but Im happy to give them time

Yep your post makes good sense. I have never really understood people accusing me of having an agenda. I wanted Burley out because of the tales I was hearing about his excessive drinking which I posted on here. That means "I had an agenda". After the Steve Wigley appointment I realised Lowe had lost the plot (interestingly so did most of his fellow board members come to the same realisation) and I campaigned for his removal I will admit. But at least I did it to his face at an AGM. Other than that my only agenda is to unmask Manji one day!

I think you have completely missed the context of the post. The first three are peripheral things, that simply wouldn't be done if there was no interest or long term plan.

The fourth is a very expensive option, when many cheaper options would have been available - Again not the actions of a no interest short term vision.

As for your points;

1) Cortese was all for selling rickie to West Ham - Katrina pulled the plug on the deal

2) Not much you can do when a players head is turned - except hold out for the best deal. It would seem that we done or got pretty close to that.

3) Probably the best bit of business Saints have done in my lifetime. I also suspect that at the time Shaw signed his first professional contract when the vultures were already circling that clauses to allow him to leave were in place - Him signing the contract was a thank you to Saints, to allow us to get a fee (That's a pure theory - Not based on anything else)

4) For a club with no ambition, we are certainly making him squinny for his move and pushing Liverpool to the hilt. dint be surprise to see this one fall through. Not the actions of a club with a short term vision. - Quite the contrary and I should have used it as one of my examples :lol:

5) Have I missed something.......

Still think NC (who was about to leave) was trying to sell Lambert just to put pressure on the incoming board. That shows he never truly had Southampton's best interests at heart, just his own.

Still think NC (who was about to leave) was trying to sell Lambert just to put pressure on the incoming board. That shows he never truly had Southampton's best interests at heart, just his own.

Yet, selling him now does have our interests at heart?