Lovren joins Liverpool - Official

toe_punt

Can anyone explain where Big Vic is? Wasn't at WC so I don't understand why he's not been back so far?

He has been at Saints training since 1st July, but for the Holland/Belguim trip...

Victor Wanyama misses the trip as he prepares to represent Kenya in a 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Lesotho.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/13072014-saints-arrive-in-belgium-1751827.aspx#s3bCpCoGTwARFBqz.99

Edited by Matthew Le God

Originally Posted by fez

No sign of Osvaldo on the official squad list for the tour:

Artur Boruc, Billy Sharp, Calum Chambers, Dejan Lovren, Dušan Tadić, Emmanuel Mayuka, Graziano Pellè*, Harrison Reed, Jack Cork, Jack Stephens, Jake Flannigan, James Ward-Prowse, Jason McCarthy, Jay Rodriguez, Jordan Turnbull, Jos Hooiveld, José Fonte, Kelvin Davis, Lloyd Isgrove, Matt Targett, Maya Yoshida, Nathaniel Clyne, Paulo Gazzaniga, Sam Gallagher, Sam McQueen, Steven Davis

Can anyone explain where Big Vic is? Wasn't at WC so I don't understand why he's not been back so far?

National duty, ACON qualifiers.

Diet is very important, dill is claimed by some to be the world's healthiest food.

Absolutely!

I did hear players had been issued with new training gherkins.

All the rage these days, like sports bras for men, players couldn't wait to pop 'em on at the WC and Tadic clearly loves his.

Hang on...

It's not really a job though, is it?

They get paid millions a year to kick a ball about with their mates, whilst gaining global stardom and global sponsorship. I certainly wouldn't be miffed at having to go back to ''work'', that's not work to me...

I'm sure that somebody who does a much ****ter job than you for a lot less money would say the same thing about you. It's all about perspectives.

If you leave for them Scouse bar stewards, I'll show you first game of the season how much we Serbians hate you Croats.

Dejan will be working with another Serb if he goes to Liverpool if their Markovic transfer goes through.

SO is Lovren still with the team. Sure I just caught Talkspork saying he was now in Liverpool. May have just miss heard!!

I thought those pictures of the new Saints trainer named Rrendan Bodgers, with an odd, almost fake, mustachio may have been a Liverpool plant.

One of the EHC (amateur team we played tonight) is a Liverpool fan and has tweeted this, could be balls but we all know how want away players like to wink before moving to Liverhampton...

@Maaslfc: I asked Lovren whether he'll be a LFC player next year, started laughing and gave me a wink! Told him I'd love to see him, smiled again!#LFC

One of the EHC (amateur team we played tonight) is a Liverpool fan and has tweeted this, could be balls but we all know how want away players like to wink before moving to Liverhampton...

@Maaslfc: I asked Lovren whether he'll be a LFC player next year, started laughing and gave me a wink! Told him I'd love to see him, smiled again!#LFC

Well, that´s next year. Lets worry about this year first ;)

My bet is the eve of our match at Anfield, where he will be watching from the stands with Sky focusing heavily on him. My bet is somewhere between 15-18 million.

But we've already reportedly turned down £20m.

I guess a wink and a laugh is more diplomatic than our captain saying "I hope so".

The new cottaging.

But we've already reportedly turned down £20m.

Maybe add ons to take it over the 20 mark.

I don't think he's worth that much money, which makes me think that we didn't really get such an offer. Maybe his agent was playing games, or the club trying to raise his price?

Remember Shaw and Lallana were rumored to be leaving for a little bit more than what they did.

people on twitter now abusing this guy for tweeting that :mcinnes:

Think it was a bit unprofessional from the other guy to ask questions like that to Lovren..

Agree. If your hosts turn up with a well publicised problem, then you don't ask about it. It's just bad manners, but then manners seem to have largely disappeared these days.

EDIT - of course, in this case, it should be if your visitors turn up with a well publicised problem, not your hosts

Edited by angelman

Sounds like Lovren was thinking about the Jacuzzi again, rather than Liverpool.

My bet is the eve of our match at Anfield, where he will be watching from the stands with Sky focusing heavily on him. My bet is somewhere between 15-18 million.

That is one hell of a bet

Any time you see him in any of the footage/photography from pre-season, he looks like a petulant child who has been forced to accompany his mother on a shopping trip. A far cry from his cheery demeanour throughout the course of last season. Will never know the true extent of how he's behaving behind the scenes, but would expect that Koeman would remove him if he was creating a negative atmosphere.

At any rate, it's clear he doesn't want to be here any more. Don't expect to see any instagram/twitter happy looking photos of him in his training kit etc until it's got a Liverpool crest on it.

Would give left testicle to do the double over Liverpool this season. Would give both to finish above Liverpool and Spurs.

The reports were inaccurate. £18m is what they've offered so far (or at least, that was the case a week ago), with SFC demanding £25m.

So if that's correct it's not really about not selling any more players it's about getting the maximum amount of money for them then. If we set price tags, even at 25 million, then we say pay up or shut up rather than not for sale. Koeman said no more sales and yet we've put a price tag on one if anyone cares to pay it.

So if that's correct it's not really about not selling any more players it's about getting the maximum amount of money for them then. If we set price tags, even at 25 million, then we say pay up or shut up rather than not for sale. Koeman said no more sales and yet we've put a price tag on one if anyone cares to pay it.

There's always a price tag on every player in the world, and it's never the club that will announce one, but the media.

Once it gets to a certain point, the squad ends up better off by taking the money and reinvesting it. When a player publicly wants out, unfortunately, that point is lowered.

All players have a price tag, using the fact that we have said it's 25M or nothing should be lauded not used to bash the club.

All players have a price tag, using the fact that we have said it's 25M or nothing should be lauded not used to bash the club.

But you'd agree that with the manager saying no more sales there should be no price tags whatsoever.

I think Lovren will leave, Morgan as well, these are nailed on sales but they are going directly contrary to the managers pep talk last friday.

But you'd agree that with the manager saying no more sales there should be no price tags whatsoever.

I think Lovren will leave, Morgan as well, these are nailed on sales but they are going directly contrary to the managers pep talk last friday.

But the price tag was mooted before RoKo joined. Therefore I would hazard that RoKo's words would supersede anything that the papers suggested previously.

But the price tag was mooted before RoKo joined. Therefore I would hazard that RoKo's words would supersede anything that the papers suggested previously.

I don't know then, I see Steve saying that "we want 25 million" I presumed that was up to date gen, who knows where we stand on anything just now. Manager says no more sales, to me that's it full stop end of the line. No price tags, no come and get mes, nada,nix nothing. If we now sell players at whatever price we will have undermined the manager.

I don't know then, I see Steve saying that "we want 25 million" I presumed that was up to date gen, who knows where we stand on anything just now. Manager says no more sales, to me that's it full stop end of the line. No price tags, no come and get mes, nada,nix nothing. If we now sell players at whatever price we will have undermined the manager.

For mine we have little or no control over what the club/players do or don't do so I don't worry about it.

Do you want RK to announce then that we have one or two unhappy players and they are up for sell?