Lovren joins Liverpool - Official

toe_punt

I'm getting a sense of dejan vu here. Young player getting a bit above himself. Feels misunderstood and envelopes himself in a red mist. Unprofessional tweets. Forced to come back and train.

Enter Jason puncheon.

Dejan would undoubtedly get a poor reception if he plays at SMS but if he is determined to make amends, he could come back better and a much more mature character for the lesson.

Dejan would undoubtedly get a poor reception if he plays at SMS but if he is determined to make amends, he could come back better and a much more mature character for the lesson.

I doubt that, so long as he is (sincerely) contrite. Saints fans are very forgiving/magnanimous/understanding. Me, now that some time has passed since the "unfortunate" comments, I see a young man in an industry where they have pressures put on them by one and all, sometimes not for their own benefit. They are probably also told how wonderful they are the whole time by a fair few people so I can well understand how a whiff of arrogance or self importance can creep in. If he does stay, what is the point of heaping lots of shït on him? It's just cutting your nose off to spite your face. Much better to get him back in the family and get him to help us all push forward. But to me, it does require an apology.

To err is human; to forgive Saintly.

I'm getting a sense of dejan vu here. Young player getting a bit above himself. Feels misunderstood and envelopes himself in a red mist. Unprofessional tweets. Forced to come back and train.

Enter Jason puncheon.

Dejan's never tweeted anything derogatory, he's just posted a few photos that contain vague digs at his situation on his instagram page.

Don't see why. Just because they do it don't mean they like it!

Well you've got the secret footballer who has no love for football. The other one I know of Bobby Zamora who hates the game. Sure there are many more

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Well you've got the secret footballer who has no love for football. The other one I know of Bobby Zamora who hates the game. Sure there are many more

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

David Batty hated football and had no personal friends inside the game and spent no time outside of the game with other players/officials.

Pretty sure he had a fairly average, if not bad season with Lyon before he joined us (fair few mistakes, red cards, not getting on too well with the fans IIRC) so even though he was largely excellent for us I'm a bit dubious that he had a huge amount of options last summer. I kind of think he owes us for taking a punt on him and suddenly getting loads of champions league clubs interested in him.

Ask Liverpool for £30 million or tell them to get lost I reckon.

Alan Hansen reckons there are very few excellent CBs around at the moment Kompany accepted so and good CB is going to be in demand

David Batty hated football and had no personal friends inside the game and spent no time outside of the game with other players/officials.

Paul Telfer was no fan of the game. Loved golf, but was better at football so played that professionally instead.

Ronald is a genius in so many ways. The body language of both he and Lovren speaks volumes.

3138351.jpg?type=articleLandscape

Absolutely spot on ART -don't need to be a psychology student to see who is in charge there.

I am so F*cking glad we have RK - maybe, just maybe all this will turn out to have been a very very good thing for SFC

It will look better with 4-5 more signings! :p

Though one of our CB targets, as i have said from the start, may be beyond us and we will have to re-align our efforts.

Manchester United's hopes of landing Feyenoord defender Stefan De Vrij have suffered a major blow after Igli Tare, Lazio's sporting director, indicated the Dutchman wishes to play for the Serie A side.

Didn't Guan say Tadic deal MAY be off and then he signed a few days later? Fully expect the same to happen with De Vrij :)

Putting aside what happened afterwards, while Osvaldo was being rumoured as a signing last summer, I seem to recall there were a lot of negative comments about his willingness to come to Southampton and that he had other options. I'm not sure that you can put too much store on rumour until an event actually happens.

Interested to see that United and Liverpool are not getting all of their targetted players either. So it isnt just Southampton who have problems in getting players on board, happens to the best!

And Spuds don't seem to be able to ship out the two they need to offload to make space in their squad, according to The Mirror :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-turmoil-spurs-boss-mauricio-3851088

Ronald is a genius in so many ways. The body language of both he and Lovren speaks volumes.

3138351.jpg?type=articleLandscape

If you go to the Southampton web site you will find what I though was a great photo, if I am correct it shows what I think is Tadic running with Lovren, Tadic with a huge grin, if there was ever a good photo for a caption competition it has to be this one, it just needs someone with much better IT skills than me to post it.

If you go to the Southampton web site you will find what I though was a great photo, if I am correct it shows what I think is Tadic running with Lovren, Tadic with a huge grin, if there was ever a good photo for a caption competition it has to be this one, it just needs someone with much better IT skills than me to post it.

Guess you mean this one...?

640140713sfc-075148-1752128_478x359.jpg

I know its hard to judge from that, but wow the atmosphere seems flat! Nobody seems to be talking.

Check out the videos from last years Spanish encampment. (Which was a major team building success).

Same thing... ...some chat, some banter during mini games and dills, but overall appears weirdly flat.

This is mainly because it is a video of people training, not a Hollywood blockbuster trailer or celebrity based reality knock out show. There is no sound editing, no editing really, no director, no actors and no one applying makeup or special effects.

My favourites are the off the pitch videos, which seem to be endless pans and steadycams of players walking through carparks, opening doors for each other, ambling down corridors and eating breakfast.

All very eerie and Derek Jarman-esque.

(Seriously, I quite enjoy them).

Interested to see that United and Liverpool are not getting all of their targetted players either. So it isnt just Southampton who have problems in getting players on board, happens to the best!

thought you were talking about United and Liverpool? :?

It would be amazing if Liverpool got all of their targets, they seem to have been linked with every player who has 2 legs the same length. I guess that rules Pelle out, but not many others.

How do you feel going back to work after a couple of weeks off?

It's not really a job though, is it?

They get paid millions a year to kick a ball about with their mates, whilst gaining global stardom and global sponsorship. I certainly wouldn't be miffed at having to go back to ''work'', that's not work to me...

Originally Posted by fez

No sign of Osvaldo on the official squad list for the tour:

Artur Boruc, Billy Sharp, Calum Chambers, Dejan Lovren, Dušan Tadić, Emmanuel Mayuka, Graziano Pellè*, Harrison Reed, Jack Cork, Jack Stephens, Jake Flannigan, James Ward-Prowse, Jason McCarthy, Jay Rodriguez, Jordan Turnbull, Jos Hooiveld, José Fonte, Kelvin Davis, Lloyd Isgrove, Matt Targett, Maya Yoshida, Nathaniel Clyne, Paulo Gazzaniga, Sam Gallagher, Sam McQueen, Steven Davis

Can anyone explain where Big Vic is? Wasn't at WC so I don't understand why he's not been back so far?

Originally Posted by fez

No sign of Osvaldo on the official squad list for the tour:

Artur Boruc, Billy Sharp, Calum Chambers, Dejan Lovren, Dušan Tadić, Emmanuel Mayuka, Graziano Pellè*, Harrison Reed, Jack Cork, Jack Stephens, Jake Flannigan, James Ward-Prowse, Jason McCarthy, Jay Rodriguez, Jordan Turnbull, Jos Hooiveld, José Fonte, Kelvin Davis, Lloyd Isgrove, Matt Targett, Maya Yoshida, Nathaniel Clyne, Paulo Gazzaniga, Sam Gallagher, Sam McQueen, Steven Davis

Can anyone explain where Big Vic is? Wasn't at WC so I don't understand why he's not been back so far?

Kenyan international duty.