Lovren joins Liverpool - Official

toe_punt

yes would cost £2m a year to stick him in reserves and leave him there, no international football, no league football and the club would be in charge, he's under contract, if he strikes fine him , individual offense each 1st team game he makes himself unavailable.

£2m would be cheap to show players the club is in charge of transfers not them and not their agents

what crap idea and his transfer fee would nose dive has well :lol: so other clubs would get him on the cheap

Liverpool seem to be spending money like there is no tomorrow and this from a team who finished second and damned nearly won the league so what's going on? How solid is their finance one must wonder and how serious their interest in players like Lovren who seem to be churned out by Croatia at two a penny? Is it all a game of bluff and their real targets are much more fancied players who are hedging their bets to get a best possible deal? What if they aren't all that bothered about Lovren anyway and won't bite on our price (would you?) just because he will always be for them their second best option?

A lot of doggy-do has been floating about in this particular choppy sea so how could he be welcomed back by the club and fans if there's no deal to be done? It seems we have passed the point of no return with even the Echo slagging him off as "not fit to wear the shirt". So no welcome here then or we about to demonstrate that our ethical standards are no higher than his or other wanna ways? Set a thief to catch a thief?

I'm guessing they are just spending the Suarez money in advance. Laugh my tits off if that goes pear-shaped and they are stuck with him...

I'm guessing they are just spending the Suarez money in advance. Laugh my tits off if that goes pear-shaped and they are stuck with him...

The BBC's Ben Smith has said that none of their spending to date has been 'reliant on Suarez's sale' - i.e. not using the Suarez money

I wonder:

Tadic = Serb

Lovren = Croat.

May not get on too well.

Also, has Dejan actually put in a transfer request, or is he still hoping for those loyalty payments :-)

Hopefully Lovren won't take a page out of Osvaldo's exit strategy and commit an atrocity on Tadic to force a move.

But on BBC column they are quoting a daily express that the scousers need to sell Lucas Leica to fund their bid for lovren

That would suggest they don't have that much cash to splash

I'm sure they are doing fine financially. They're just about to sell Suarez for £75m.

I saw Ben Smith tweet that their signings so far haven't been dependant on selling Suarez either.

Didn't Guan say that we would sign someone once they were knocked out of the WC? I presumed that he was referring to Belgium, as they were playing that night, but Netherlands might make more sense, although they are still to play one more time (and isn't it time that FIFA get rid of the 3rd place game?)

If only half of the remarks attributed to Lovren are true, I would still find his behaviour appalling. Trying to break a contract freely signed less than a year ago and with 3 years still to run, deserves a fine by the club. If there was any justice in football, it should be possible to recover some of the money Lovren was paid on the misrepresentation he made that he would commit to 4 years at Southampton. If he hasn't gone by the start of the season, the last thing I would want would be to see him in a Saints' shirt again. I hope the club stick to the £25m price that has been rumoured, not that he's worth it, but just to make life difficult for the money grubbers and so that clubs like Liverpool who try to use their financial position to weaken their opponents, can't do so easily.

How would you guys rate De Vrij as replacement? He's reportedly being linked to MU and Barcelona, however, I think he would be delighted to be reunioned with Koeman. He is apparently to be picked up for 8/10M EUR maximum. It of course depends whether MU and Barcelona come in -- but he's having a really good WC imo.

How would you guys rate De Vrij as replacement? He's reportedly being linked to MU and Barcelona, however, I think he would be delighted to be reunioned with Koeman. He is apparently to be picked up for 8/10M EUR maximum. It of course depends whether MU and Barcelona come in -- but he's having a really good WC imo.

Hi mate, personally, I think he would be a fantastic addition, one who could replace Lovren.

I haven't a lot of Dutch football this season tbh, but he does look like hes having a good WC...

Let's just raid Feyenoord lool-Clasie, Pelle, Martins Indi (though he think hes gone already, De Vrij, Immers, Kongolo, Janmaat...

Would be excellent.

One paper report here today though suggests he's already agreed on Lazio.

Don't fancy Vlaar. De Vrij would be brilliant but he'll probably be off elsewhere.

Van Dijk and Manga look promising enough but I haven't seen either of them play, Van Dijk once or twice.

van Dijk in Japanese anime, sounds a bit scary to be honest...

Don't fancy Vlaar. De Vrij would be brilliant but he'll probably be off elsewhere.

Van Dijk and Manga look promising enough but I haven't seen either of them play, Van Dijk once or twice.

Five years ago I never dreamed posters would muse that key defenders of World Cup semi finalists who conceded 3 goals in 6 matches might not be good enough for us. Actually I didn't imagine it five minutes ago either.

Five years ago I never dreamed posters would muse that key defenders of World Cup semi finalists who conceded 3 goals in 6 matches might not be good enough for us. Actually I didn't imagine it five minutes ago either.

Vlaar plays for Villa ffs, lets not act like the World Cup is a higher standard then the Prem