The Les Reed is a Waste of Space thread

SarniaSaint

I'm as annoyed as anyone, but have no clue who does what at the club, what motivations are or who to blame. Which is more frustrating.

All I know is there was a squad that came 8th and should have come higher, and with 4-5 good signings could have really changed the power structure and challenged that top 4. Now we've sold everyone.

If we were broke and then were balancing books and explained that, I'd be fine with it. It'd be depressing, but it'd make sense and I'd rather do things the right way. But that's clearly not the case. So what the hell is the case?

I don't know the only one's that know are the board who seem to be utterly clueless.

We need a statement from them but they are a sleep the wheel

Even Rupert Lowe put up some resistance to try and keep players (Dean Richards springs to mind). Reed and the CEO appear a pair of feeble buffoons in their handling of events.

We really need a more experienced and capable person overseeing the club not these two.

Whatever you think of Reed, it's clear that the two times he has come out to address fans have been I'll advised. The press conference talking about Pochettino and then the interview stating players wouldn't be sold... They were lies. He must have known this was going to happen? Or had enough of an idea to know that it was probably unwise to say otherwise so categorically.

I don't dislike Reed and agree with his youth policies but it was wrong to say these things.

Even Rupert Lowe put up some resistance to try and keep players (Dean Richards springs to mind). Reed and the CEO appear a pair of feeble buffoons in their handling of events.

We really need a more experienced and capable person overseeing the club not these two.

Said that earlier but looks like the mods deleted/moved you now how assholes work LOL

We now have a fûcking stupidly high bank balance but no attraction for decent players to sign. Why move to southampton? We're on a downward spin now, newcastle and west ham at least look to have ambition to improve their positions, put us amongst the villa's and west broms of the league as whatever we were trying to achieve is over. And i hate saying it and was doing my best to beleive it untill an hour or so ago.

I sense a complete vacuum of direction and leadership above Koeman.

I really wonder if he is being kept in the loop about player sales.

The whole situation is a mess.

I personally think Liebherr thinks she has done her bit by completing her fathers 5 year plan now wants to get her money out. Might explain turning those loans into shares or whatever happened and that we've spent chickensh*t compared to what we've cashed.

I just dont know why she didnt just try to find a buyer. Maybe she did and no-one is interested, as with Aston Villa. For that we can thank Platini.

Not sure how others feel, but if someone says something (ie not needing to sell anyone) and then what happens is the total opposite (and on numerous occasions), then there is no point in taking any of the hollow words on board in the first place. As a customer, I don't being lied to.

I sense a complete vacuum of direction and leadership above Koeman.

I really wonder if he is being kept in the loop about player sales.

The whole situation is a mess.

I personally think Liebherr thinks she has done her bit by completing her fathers 5 year plan now wants to get her money out. Might explain turning those loans into shares or whatever happened and that we've spent chickensh*t compared to what we've cashed.

I just dont know why she didnt just try to find a buyer. Maybe she did and no-one is interested, as with Aston Villa. For that we can thank Platini.

What is the limit for spending until the new rules? Can we actually spend what we will make from player sales now? If we can't, doesn't that add up to a KL cash-in?

I can understand Kat wanting a sustainable plan but she isn't stupid and no way is she looking at a fire sale. The value of the club is based on its league status not on having 20 scouting staff or a good academy facilities. Cortese was a despot leader but he had a vision (achievable or not) the players believed in it. When he left he left a power vacuum. Krueger and reed were asked to fill it. However they have neither the ability to fill it or the authority to sanction the funds to deliver the dream. What we have been left with is empty Southampton way vision. What we need is strong leadership from someone. They need to speak to all the players and sell them a vision that they can believe in, do what lambert re vlaar has done and say no one else is for sale and then start recruiting seriously. Not f**k around with derisory offers but serious bids the longer we float down the creak without a paddle the more players we will lose

Unless he is only acting upon KL's orders in selling all these players I'm unsure as to why he continues to be employed as he is doing a lousy job of convincing star players to stay and is upsetting players who want and need new contracts.

It's not just Reed though is it...The ineptitude runs through the board like a cancer. From Wreck it Ralph through watshisface CEO and that moron who publicly declared Saints to be in a "difficult financial situation"

And lets not forget who appointed this Board of incompetent ****wits.

Our only hope now is that Koeman is up for the challenge and can drag this club out of the asylum.....Although I wouldn't blame him for just saying **** this i'm out of here, just like Pochettino

Our only hope now is that Koeman is up for the challenge and can drag this club out of the asylum.....Although I wouldn't blame him for just saying **** this i'm out of here, just like Pochettino

I am seriously starting to wonder if this might actually happen soon. Remember he seemed to spend a long while sorting out his contract with his lawyers, he might have had some promises broken already and good reason to walk.

Saints have been one of the most financially secure clubs in the UK. Have just achieved an excellent PL finish - 8th and a few points behind Utd. This has been done with a backbone of a team assembled in L1. Reed has been there throughout.

Ask yourself what has changed since KL took power away from Cortese. A finance man at the top...a motivational consultant figure brought in to manage change...and top it off with some 'yes' men. In industry this is the precursor to the introduction of 'lean' business management in readiness to make the company look financially more attractive. Put simply, like him or loath him, Reed is probably the only man on the Board that has any semblance of pure footballing interest at heart. He's clearly fighting a losing battle right now.

Currently, I have every sympathy with the many who spent a lot of money on season tickets. The sheer number of players sold/being sold is unprecedented at any club in 1 transfer window. Regardless of how much money it has brought into to the club, it is a sure fire way to a season of struggle.

My patience with the board is running very thin. To be honest, I could do without another statement from Les Reed.

Come on down, The Price Is Right !!!

Les Reed said, We want to keep our best players …... Except for :-

Lambert - who we sold for £4M

Shaw - who we sold for £30M

Lallana - who we sold for circa £20M

Lovren - who we are selling for circa £20M

Chambers - who we are selling for circa £15M

Schneiderlin - who we want to keep, but you can have him for £27M

(Oh yes lads, don't worry about actually putting in a transfer request, let's keep the paperwork to a minimum eh)

Ramirez ?? TBA

Osvaldo - can't give him away

EIGHT players from what was our First Team squad

But, rest assured, we are told that SFC want to have a team capable of European Qualification

Does anyone still think there is nothing wrong at SFC ?

I'm fed up with all this Krap about players wanting to go to teams in the CL. It's not just that is it ?

If it were any other team, it would be branded as Assett Stripping, and, without doubt, that is exactly what it is.

So, why is our (current) owner Asset Stripping her Club ?

(ridicule me as much as you like, but THIS is actually happening to OUR Club FFS )

It's not just Reed though is it...The ineptitude runs through the board like a cancer. From Wreck it Ralph through watshisface CEO and that moron who publicly declared Saints to be in a "difficult financial situation"

And lets not forget who appointed this Board of incompetent ****wits.

The only "difficult financial situation" is that Katharina Leibherr wants her money back

And that is exactly what she is doing

End of

The only "difficult financial situation" is that Katharina Leibherr wants her money back

End of

:mcinnes:

So much so she's gone out and spent it on Pelle and Tadic with rumours of Forster, Rojo and Van Dijk.

You really are a plank

End of

A waste of space that has achieved markedly inflated transfer fees for our players?

Provided we make quality replacement signings, I suggest we don't panic just yet.

Exactly this. Why panic now when you can panic later, if you have too. We are undergoing an almighty reconstruction and we've only just started.

:mcinnes:

So much so she's gone out and spent it on Pelle and Tadic with rumours of Forster, Rojo and Van Dijk.

You really are a plank

End of

For someone with an avatar such as yours, I am surprised that you can't see the wood from the trees

Pelle & Tadic, yes, they are definites

But, as you so rightly say, the rest are just RUMOURS

For someone with an avatar such as yours, I am surprised that you can't see the wood from the trees

Pelle & Tadic, yes, they are definites

But, as you so rightly say, the rest are just RUMOURS

Agreed they are rumours but RK has pretty much said we are looking to bring players in. If Kat just wanted her money back she'd have sold the club.

No one truely knows her intention other than what has been said but is all points towards making the club self sufficient and not someone just asset stripping to get their cash.

Reed and the rest will be under instruction from Kat. Sell all our players for maximum profit and try your best to keep the fans on side by giving them positive spin. In the meantime, sign a few players for a LOT less than we're getting in.

Would be really interesting to find out how much % Reed and others are getting from the sales. Katharina's a smart business woman, she'll have known it's so important to give incentives to your staff to get the desired results. They more they sell, the richer all the board become.

End of

I'm starting to think so too, Richmond, even though she sent poor old Les Reed out to say the exact f*cking opposite!

Would be really interesting to find out how much % Reed and others are getting from the sales. Katharina's a smart business woman, she'll have known it's so important to give incentives to your staff to get the desired results. They more they sell, the richer all the board become.

Interesting thought. I incentivise all my staff from warehouse to sales, so why shouldn't LR be too?

I'm starting to think so too, Richmond, even though she sent poor old Les Reed out to say the exact f*cking opposite!

He'll be on a lovely structured package from Kat. Each lie to fans will bring a big cheque, each player sold he'll get a lovely %. I'm sure he won't have wanted to become the liar that he has but everyone has their price and obviously Kat found Les'.

Saints have been one of the most financially secure clubs in the UK. Have just achieved an excellent PL finish - 8th and a few points behind Utd. This has been done with a backbone of a team assembled in L1. Reed has been there throughout.

Ask yourself what has changed since KL took power away from Cortese. A finance man at the top...a motivational consultant figure brought in to manage change...and top it off with some 'yes' men. In industry this is the precursor to the introduction of 'lean' business management in readiness to make the company look financially more attractive. Put simply, like him or loath him, Reed is probably the only man on the Board that has any semblance of pure footballing interest at heart. He's clearly fighting a losing battle right now.

or after Cortese left and Poch made it clear he was off, Les got involved with the first team more and pi*sed of the players, speak to Charlton fans he was great with the Youth set up but as soon it was the first team Bang

We can only judge after this season. I have a horrible feeling Reed is going to try and just use the young players instead of investing the cash, to try and appear to be the model club (future of English football) and all that crap.

The focus should be of staying in the Premier League, it makes no difference to me if it is with a team full of kids or 11 foreign mercenaries brought in for top money. Of course if players like Targett, Reed, Gallagher etc come in and seamlessly replace those who left Reed would have been proved right.

Only time will tell. If KL wants to pull £50mill out the club that is totally up to her.

The fact is he's not been honest with the fans, we expected 3-4 departures and it's looking likely it's going to be 7/8. Interestingly I thought Ronald seemed quite relaxed in his interview last night when talking about players leaving, almost as if he was told it was inevitable half the team will leave

The fact is he's not been honest with the fans, we expected 3-4 departures and it's looking likely it's going to be 7/8. Interestingly I thought Ronald seemed quite relaxed in his interview last night when talking about players leaving, almost as if he was told it was inevitable half the team will leave

1) Perhaps Reed expected 3-4 leaving, ( we've so far only had 3 confirmed sales ), but the new manager has decided that situations like Lovren's are best dealt with by offloading a perceived troublemaker; 2) Perhaps Koeman was relaxed about an additional departure or 2 because he knows about imminent signings.

Then again, perhaps tomorrow KL will sanction the sale of every contracted player and Staplewood will be transformed into a wind farm.

It sort of begs the question, who is the biggest tosspot in football? I think mr Lesley Reed is well up there. Mourinho has become a parody of himself and for some reason the smug love in by the golf bores on match of the day gets right up my nose.

Reed is a self satisfied knob stick who has sold us all down the river and has my vote at present even though I am sure we will shortly ship over 4 or 5 more Dutch league players nobody has really heard of and a sort of bewildered calm will descend...... Until the season starts.