ITN News

slickmick

Having got fed up with Radio 5 entering Radio Luxembourg reception we switched over to Radio 2 (being slightly older buggers) and were shocked when the sports section of the new LEAD with "Southampton won 1-0 at Hull to remain in second place" we nearly passed out with shock!!

Less of the old buggers you old git.

Are we really getting upset that the media aren't mentioning us when talking about the title race?

Brilliant.

Not sure it's the ''title race'' thing in particular, as people know we're not in a title race, but it's more so the complete invisibility of us. Chelsea aren't and weren't 9 points clear, it's factually incorrect.

Are we really getting upset that the media aren't mentioning us when talking about the title race?

Brilliant.

:) I'm absolutely loving this.

Spent most of my youth wishing we'd one day be good enough to spend the odd week on the first page of the teletext table.

Every week I take a photo of the table, don't care how sad that is.

Sad but true.

BBC are at it also, astonishing.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29768250

Suggest you read it again....

Chelsea stay four points clear at top of table

Costa returns after four-game absence

QPR's Austin scores his fifth league goal of season

Hoops have lost four of last five league games

Leaders Chelsea moved nine points clear of title rivals Manchester City as a sublime finish by Oscar helped overcome a determined QPR at Stamford Bridge.

Talksport was the same on Saturday, never even mentioned us on the hourly headlines....and I absolutely love it.

I honestly believe that so many so called "experts" tipped us for a relegation dogfight that they are now embarrassed and are basically never going to mention us until the "bubble burst's" and they can start saying again "I told you so...." etc. etc.

Long may we continue under the radar!!!!!!!!!!

Talksport was the same on Saturday, never even mentioned us on the hourly headlines....and I absolutely love it.

I honestly believe that so many so called "experts" tipped us for a relegation dogfight that they are now embarrassed and are basically never going to mention us until the "bubble burst's" and they can start saying again "I told you so...." etc. etc.

Long may we continue under the radar!!!!!!!!!!

You do realise we are getting loads and loads of coverage and plaudits don't you?

For the last two weeks on MOTD, Saints have had five/six/whatever minutes worth of analysis and our opponents (Hull and Stoke) have had a single sentence mention at the end. Both opponents totally ignored, the kind of thing people go mental about on here when it happens to us.

As for "Embarrassed pundits", well Robbie Savage has been praising us and happily admitting how wrong he was. As have loads of other journalists and pundits. Pretty much all of them say stuff about how brilliant it would be if we broke the top four. Patrick Barclay said that today (while, again, admitting he was wrong too).

The only place this scenario of "the media can't wait for us to fail" eminates from is the chip-on-the-shoulder paranoid imagination from over sensitive Saints fans. It is not happening.

I just watched footage of Neil Armstrong doing that first walk on Everest and realised the error of my ways.

Shoot for the four minute mile and even if you fail you might do it in three.

I often read Edmund Hilary's words after he walked on the moon and believe everyone could take inspiration from his words 'people do not decide to become extraordinary, they decide to accomplish extraordinary things'

Maybe this team has decided to accomplish something extraordinary?

You do realise we are getting loads and loads of coverage and plaudits don't you?

For the last two weeks on MOTD, Saints have had five/six/whatever minutes worth of analysis and our opponents (Hull and Stoke) have had a single sentence mention at the end. Both opponents totally ignored, the kind of thing people go mental about on here when it happens to us.

As for "Embarrassed pundits", well Robbie Savage has been praising us and happily admitting how wrong he was. As have loads of other journalists and pundits. Pretty much all of them say stuff about how brilliant it would be if we broke the top four. Patrick Barclay said that today (while, again, admitting he was wrong too).

The only place this scenario of "the media can't wait for us to fail" eminates from is the chip-on-the-shoulder paranoid imagination from over sensitive Saints fans. It is not happening.

Couldn't agree more!

Why ? Do you genuinely believe we will be challenging at the end of the season then ?

I presume you are saying WHY to my comment of unbelievable? Well the answer to that, is it's quite simply not true, regardless if we are genuine title contenders or not.

It's either incompetence or disrespectful. Do you think they would have said that if there beloved Man Utd were in our position ? and don't tell me there genuine title contenders either.

I presume you are saying WHY to my comment of unbelievable? Well the answer to that, is it's quite simply not true, regardless if we are genuine title contenders or not.

It's either incompetence or disrespectful. Do you think they would have said that if there beloved Man Utd were in our position ? and don't tell me there genuine title contenders either.

Is there a link to the 'simply not true' thing you are so upset about. Because I bet what was actually said was Chelsea's gap on City which, like it or not, simply is true.

Secondly, if Man U were in second place, four points behind the leader, then obviously they would be title contenders.

This is getting ridiculous.

Edited by CB Fry

Is there a link to the 'simply not true' thing you are so upset about. Because I bet what was actually said was Chelsea's gap on City which, like it or not, simply is true.

Secondly, if Man U were in second place, four points behind the leader, then obviously they would be title contenders.

This is getting ridiculous.

I'm sure some clever techno can find it. But she 100% did not mention Man City.

I'm sure some clever techno can find it. But she 100% did not mention Man City.

So what exactly is your issue ? That they regard Man Utd as a bigger club ? Because they are ?

Whats the issue with that ? We are in an excellent position, but Id suggest the best we could hope for in reality is top 6, maybe, just maybe, top 4 at an absolute maximum

But what do you want ? Fanfare when you walk down the road with your stripes on ? Get over it

Besides, lets not get carried away, we have played two of last years top 6 this year, how did we get on ?

So what exactly is your issue ? That they regard Man Utd as a bigger club ? Because they are ?

Whats the issue with that ? We are in an excellent position, but Id suggest the best we could hope for in reality is top 6, maybe, just maybe, top 4 at an absolute maximum

But what do you want ? Fanfare when you walk down the road with your stripes on ? Get over it

Besides, lets not get carried away, we have played two of last years top 6 this year, how did we get on ?

Read the first post again and you have your answer. But as you seem to be struggling what my complaint is, I'll explain it simply as I can for you.

They got it wrong by saying Chelsea are 9 points clear at the top. Have another look at the tables and you will see they are 4 points clear at the top.

These "precious" threads and posts are becoming a bit frequent. It is not really surprising that the media compare their points total against their title rivals rather than against the current second place team. If it was March then we would have cause to be miffed.

Read the first post again and you have your answer. But as you seem to be struggling what my complaint is, I'll explain it simply as I can for you.

They got it wrong by saying Chelsea are 9 points clear at the top. Have another look at the tables and you will see they are 4 points clear at the top.

Since you are struggling to understand what I am saying they were 9 points clear from who were their nearest rivals in the title chase in all reality

My question is why is it so unbelievable to think that the news would more likely view gap between the likes of city and utd as the true gap for a title contending team ?

The BBC did just that and I have no reason to criticise them for it. ITV however didn't word it that way, they worded it as fact that Chelsea were 9 points clear at the top and that's what annoyed me. We all know it's highly unlikely that we will challenge for the title, but to totally erase us as if we don't exist I find disrespectful.