Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Bless 'em. They still celebrate a draw that saw them drop 2 points on their way to relegation and add a point towards our total to be promoted.

Mere details old chap. They didn't 'get it' then so they're hardly likely to have 'engaged brain' some 3 years later.

I assume Carlsberg have started doing back-handed compliments now? :)

Edited by trousers

Bless 'em. They still celebrate a draw that saw them drop 2 points on their way to relegation and add a point towards our total to be promoted. 8b8e55b0fbf9b12f073fbd8f97bee13f.jpg

Mere details old chap. They didn't 'get it' then so they're hardly likely to have 'engaged brain' some 3 years later.

I assume Carlsberg have started doing back-handed compliments now? :)

Never has a set of fans celebrated a league draw for so long. b3a2e5568e0d0703c5e07c6667b8ec65.jpg

They didn't love him enough to pay him!

:lol:

He took a hit like the rest of that team and was treated like a criminal until he agreed a paycut.

But let's not let the truth get in the way of a good rewrite of history!

He's up there with Kanu - a hero when it suits, but a bloke who was denied his wages and treated with disdain until he agreed to being robbed - at least twice.

Yes, let's celebrate a draw!!

#strawclutching

Just the 11 separate articles in the News about the mighty victory over Plymouth!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/fratton-latest

They don't get much good news, so what little cheer comes their way is understandably scraped rather thinly over the burnt crumbly toast of their sad lives

Edited by Waterside.saint
corrected for local conditions on the septic isle

Can't help but think Wallace is getting a little overhyped - he's been in the form of his life for all of a month, and it's taken him 18 months to find it. As for his "amazing strike" against Plymouth, edge of the box and a nice bounce, nothing special. He might have a decent career in League One (but it won't be with Portsmouth).

Talking to a pompey fan who described Wallace as a headless chicken.

He says he's hyped as an all-action hero when the truth is probably more like him being caught out of position so often that he has to charge about trying to recover.

But in the land of League Two the man who can trap a bag of cement is king.

He says he's hyped as an all-action hero when the truth is probably more like him being caught out of position so often that he has to charge about trying to recover.

Love it! :D

Or as my old mate David Armstrong would say, "His second touch is always a header."

Pompey under 18s just got thrashed 7-0 in the unbelievably tinpot Youth Alliance South Merit League 1. I'm sure one of them will turn out to be the new Jed Wallace.

My pompey supporting mate reckons Wallace could go to a Premier League side for £750k. I can't wait to see him play myself - he must be awesome.

Can you bop your mate on the nose from me & tell him get out of cloud cuckoo land, even I'm embarressed at that suggestion !

My pompey supporting mate reckons Wallace could go to a Premier League side for £750k. I can't wait to see him play myself - he must be awesome.

A Premier League side that needed some filler to beef up their reserve team, maybe. See Man Utd and Andy Kellett.

Edited by Torres

A Premier League side that needed some filler to beef up their reserve team, maybe. See Man Utd and Andy Kellett.

Isn't that what buying genuinely borderline case Prem players and loaning them to the Championship is for? Hence my prediction of Wallace ending up mainly in L1.

Anyone from here going along to this next Monday?

http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-pompey-story-tickets-15632484181

pompeyeventad.jpg

Portsmouth’s journey to supporter ownership will be featured as part of Supporter Ownership Week, when some of the figures get together at the Dogget’s Coat and Badge pub on Blackfriar’s Bridge on Monday 13th April.

Their journey to becoming the biggest supporter owned club in the country is well publicised, but we’re going to hear a more intimate tale of what happened from some of the people who made it happen.

We’ll be hearing from club legend Alan Knight amongst others, and it won’t just be an event for Pompey fans, but for anyone interested in the journey that Portsmouth Supporters Trust and fellow fans took.

Christ that's a worrying image. Even more worrying is that I've had few nights in there where I've woken up with no memory.

Fortunately, it was before the days of mobile phones and facebook etc, something for which we can all be thankful :)

£12?

If they want to tell me the true story they'll understand why I'll give them 3p to hear it.

"THE INCREDIBLE STORY OF THE PORTSMOUTH COMMUNITY COMING TOGETHER TO TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THEIR FOOTBALL CLUB"

have they made a film about it or is this just going to be Alan Knight and the Trust patting themselves on the back?

I'm wondering what clauses exist in the contract that Wallace signed last summer...

More deluded self-justification from Saggy Chops today. Plus his usual airbrushing out of time as Saints manager.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32236284

He's basically admitted that he lied about his reason for leaving QPR in the lurch !

I guess that lying is just a way of life for him and I bet he told a few porkies in the courthouse a couple of years ago too !!

Congratulations to the Property Developing Trust on their second birthday, League Two's youngest club has been a roaring success.

After a wobbly first season they have now found stability in midtable, the new car park looks sensational, described by many as the best piece of tarmac outside the Championship, and the fencing at the training complex is the envy of many Premier League clubs.

With a few games to go they could even improve on last season and record their highest ever league finish, the future looks bright, they look all set for a big promotion push in the next campaign.

Anyday now we will hear talk of warchests, battling troops turning Fratton into a fortress and other stirring stuff that is annually spun to distract from reality and extract season ticket money from easily-led simpletons.

But I'm not having a pop, they have done so well that not a single shareholder has cashed in their investment, and that tells you how well the club must be doing.

We just wait now for the summer holiday that doesn't cost the club a penny - and the sale of Wallace who will immediately go from the club's finest asset to a flawed bit part player who won't be missed.

It's been an incredible two year journey for everyone's second favourite club, the south coast minnows have come a long way in a short space of time.

It's funny to think that barely two years ago they were facing a season in the bottom tier with a crumbling ground, now look where they are!

On day one they were favourites for promotion and were going to rip up League Two.

Well they are still favourites for promotion next season - and that achievement is down to the passion of the faithful who have shown unwavering support for property developing and supermarket construction in Fratton.

Shrewsbury might be going up, but do they have a nice car park?

I don't think so!

Bigger clubs like Burton may well be playing amid the dizzy heights of League One next season, but visiting fans will scoff at the lack of access to a big supermarket, and do Wycombe have chainlink fencing all the way around their local park?...

Much has been achieved in the first two years.

The PDT - blazing a trail for football to enviously follow since 2013.

Congratulations to the Property Developing Trust on their second birthday, League Two's youngest club has been a roaring success.

After a wobbly first season they have now found stability in midtable, the new car park looks sensational, described by many as the best piece of tarmac outside the Championship, and the fencing at the training complex is the envy of many Premier League clubs.

With a few games to go they could even improve on last season and record their highest ever league finish, the future looks bright, they look all set for a big promotion push in the next campaign.

Anyday now we will hear talk of warchests, battling troops turning Fratton into a fortress and other stirring stuff that is annually spun to distract from reality and extract season ticket money from easily-led simpletons.

But I'm not having a pop, they have done so well that not a single shareholder has cashed in their investment, and that tells you how well the club must be doing.

We just wait now for the summer holiday that doesn't cost the club a penny - and the sale of Wallace who will immediately go from the club's finest asset to a flawed bit part player who won't be missed.

It's been an incredible two year journey for everyone's second favourite club, the south coast minnows have come a long way in a short space of time.

It's funny to think that barely two years ago they were facing a season in the bottom tier with a crumbling ground, now look where they are!

On day one they were favourites for promotion and were going to rip up League Two.

Well they are still favourites for promotion next season - and that achievement is down to the passion of the faithful who have shown unwavering support for property developing and supermarket construction in Fratton.

I don't think so!

Bigger clubs like Burton may well be playing amid the dizzy heights of League One next season, but visiting fans will scoff at the lack of access to a big supermarket, and do Wycombe have chainlink fencing all the way around their local park?...

:adore:

I don't think so!

Great post :thumbup:

I don't think so!

Brilliant

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})