Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Didn't Richie Barker get Crawley out of league 2? Maybe Waddock is as good as him...

Barker got Bury out of the division, although that overstates things a little. He took over at about this time of the season and Bury went on to win six out of eight games to get promotion. They finished about 15th the following season. Funnily enough the Shakers have the skates this weekend. They will probably need a similar run to get promoted again. Three points at Sh*tpark will do nicely. If they are successful I'll give you a match report next week.

Edited by Chez

tomahawk

11:18 AM on 13/04/2015

We must now hire a decent ,proven, manager -after all we are a unique top club.

Saturdays game was a blow - lowly Morecambe wanting to play us every week.

What a bitter pill to swallow?

Saints did it,Bournemouth are doing it; even non league Eastleigh have said Pompey would hold no fears for them.

With players like Wallace,Tubbs and Taylor at our disposal at least we have a good basic attack.

Sorry for Mr.AA of course, but he knew it was a gamble before taking the job,and after all it is not the end of the world. I bet the payoff was more than just all right.

Time now for a bit of class in the management side and also the players.

We the supporters deserve this.

blues

11:23 AM on 13/04/2015

Top club......no we are a mid table Div 4 club....

tomahawk

11:44 AM on 13/04/2015

blues - in the football world we are a top club - not where we are now but our past is something else. We are up there with the legends.

Blue Shoes

11:49 AM on 13/04/2015

Tomahawk.....we are not a top club at all and as fans, we need to get this ridiculous idea out of our heads! Up there with the legends, are you drunk!! We are a small city club with a small fan base, who has achieved a small amount of success. We are not a big club at all.

[emoji38]

SkyBet latest Odds ...

Next Permanent Manager

Harry Redknapp 5/1

Gary Waddock 5/1

Ian Holloway 6/1

Darren Ferguson 8/1

Neil Warnock 9/1

James Beattie 10/1

Paul Cooke 10/1

Uwe Rosler 10/1

Danny Wilson 12/1

Ian Dowie 12/1

Mark Yates 14/1

Paul Hardyman 16/1

Nigel Worthington 16/1

Gary Megson 16/1

Mark Warburton 20/1

Brian Laws 20/1

Gianfranco Zola 25/1

Keith Hill 33/1

Paul Lambert 33/1

Gus Poyet 33/1

There is some wonderful self-delusion over on the Fansonline message board.

They are talking about sacking the board at the same time as saying the owners of the club - the fans - have no say in the decision-making processes.

There is talk of them having the biggest budget in the league which should enable them to go out and get who they want.

Their preferred targets include the likes of Paul Tisdale, and Mark Warburton, besides the likes of Adkins and Neil Warnock.

"With our crowds, we should have a healthy bank balance," says one sharp observer, completely ignoring the fact that most of the money was spunked on making people like Connolly and Tubbs among the highest earners in the division, and will continue to be spent on journeymen in the mistaken belief they are to players.

The one or two realists who point out that a) they don't Redknapp back as he was responsible for their current plight and b) they are not likely to present a hugely attractive proposition to the sort of names the deluded want the club to pursue, are - as usual - hounded down.

Also, it appears to have occurred to very few of them that one of their preferred choices - Tisdale - is a farkin scummah.

tomahawk

11:18 AM on 13/04/2015

We must now hire a decent ,proven, manager -after all we are a unique top club.

Saturdays game was a blow - lowly Morecambe wanting to play us every week.

What a bitter pill to swallow?

Saints did it,Bournemouth are doing it; even non league Eastleigh have said Pompey would hold no fears for them.

With players like Wallace,Tubbs and Taylor at our disposal at least we have a good basic attack.

Sorry for Mr.AA of course, but he knew it was a gamble before taking the job,and after all it is not the end of the world. I bet the payoff was more than just all right.

Time now for a bit of class in the management side and also the players.

We the supporters deserve this.

blues

11:23 AM on 13/04/2015

Top club......no we are a mid table Div 4 club....

tomahawk

11:44 AM on 13/04/2015

blues - in the football world we are a top club - not where we are now but our past is something else. We are up there with the legends.

Blue Shoes

11:49 AM on 13/04/2015

Tomahawk.....we are not a top club at all and as fans, we need to get this ridiculous idea out of our heads! Up there with the legends, are you drunk!! We are a small city club with a small fan base, who has achieved a small amount of success. We are not a big club at all.

at least one of there fans is being realistic.

I'm awfully sad about this. I thought Andy was the right person to take them to a whole new level. Anyway, I have full confidence Champagne and the board will choose an equally capable replacement. :thumbup:

Oh I'd love it if Beatts got the job - think of the carnage he could cause! :D

saintspompey-1.jpg

I guess the Board have a difficult choice in the close season: essential maintenance to Fatpipes or a half decent manager. There certainly doesn't appear to be enough spare cash sloshing around to fund both. Will be interesting to see which they go for.

Good god :mcinnes:

If anything sums up just how small time they are, and how dirty, ugly and disgusting 99% of the PO postcode is, then it's that video.

There was one younger bloke, with a modern haircut, who blurrily flashed into shot to the far right of the crowd pan just before the end of the video, who had a look on his face that said something like "I can't f0cking believe I'm here, watching this absolutely f0cking sh11111t, with these fat ugly absolute complete and utter f0cktarded morons making things wors...GET THAT CAMERA OFF ME!".

Does make sense to fire Awford now though, they've saved on a proper manager's wages for the next 4 months and they can appoint Waddock permanently in August or when he starts threatening to walk without a permanent deal, whichever is sooner.

Seems fairly clear that Gary Waddock will get the job on a permanent basis, he's got a fair amount of experience at that level already, and won promotion with Wycombe in 2010/11.

With pretty average stats though. 31% win ratio at Wycombe, 16% at QPR and 12% at Oxford, his last appointment (albeit temporary). He did a good job at Aldershot though. All up his win/lose/draw stats are very similar to Awful Andy.

Nice idea - why waste money on one manager when you can pay loads for two!

That dream team of Coppell and Barker worked a treat.

I suspect the flaw in this idea of a big name appointment (to sell season tickets) is that big names tend to be used to coaching quality players, and not in a public park with a nice fence.

They also like to be paid.

And they don't like being abused by a ragtag mob of toothless simpletons in a shed that displays all the high-tech features of 17th century architecture, design, and fat dispersal.

Other than those minor points, some new hero will jump at the chance.

The acid test will be if Harry wants no part of it - that would confirm that the coffers are empty.

The bottom line is that they have fallen too far to attract quality, or investment.

A giant gets to a point where he is no longer just sleepy, he has no quality of life and needs to be put out of his misery.

McInnes said yesterday, "I think we need to be looking at someone who has experience at this level and someone who has been successful at this level. I think probably part of the requirement will be that he has had no previous connection to the club."

So Beatts it is then. :thumbup:

IIRC, truck loads of cash went through the bookmakers when 'arry categorically ruled himself out of a return to fatpipes for round two. Perhaps champagne iain is under 'arrys consultation as they plot round three, getting the odds up whilst gambling the guttering repair monies from the tesco swindle?

Can I be the first to anticipate the Snooze headline written by Factless Allen :

" Premier League Manager appointed to Fratton Hotseat" !

We all rack our brains thinking - Wenger, Rodgers, Bruce, Martinez etc... but then we read further and it turns out to be :

Phil Brown

:):) :)

Ps. how's that top premier league striker from WetSpam doing these days ??

I think that article translates as Phil Brown's agent makes a few calls after spotting a club with a history of paying over-the-top wages....either to get him a payrise, to give the impression that he is in demand, or just to remind proper clubs that his client exists.

I think that article translates as Phil Brown's agent makes a few calls after spotting a club with a history of paying over-the-top wages....either to get him a payrise, to give the impression that he is in demand, or just to remind proper clubs that his client exists.

His contract at Southend does run out in 10 weeks...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})