Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I do realize that unfortunately it is very unlikely to happen, but they only have 49 points, which would not have been enough to have kept them up in the last 2 seasons.

They won't go down due to that good run they had which seems to have saved them. However, Eastleigh are well in the mix to come up. Pomp*y Vs Eastleigh in a league fixture would be hilarious.

Cheers for the analysis Ashtead Saint. One thing though..... I can't work out if it means good or bad news (for them, or us nutjobs)! :)

Well, the late filing fee for the accounts won't bankrupt them, but it's fairly amaeturish not to get your accounts in on time, unless there's some reason for holding them back. Sometimes companies deliberately delay filing their accounts if they contain information which might hurt the company if it got into the public domain, though I doubt that is the case here. Another reason for delays in filing acounts is if the auditors and the board can't agree on something eg what provision to make for contingent liabilities.

As for the 3 mortgages, either they have been satisfied/discharged and no-one has got around to filing the necessary forms at Companies House or they are still in force because there are still liabilties which they secure. As the premier league parachute payments were paid out some time ago, the charge over them should have been spent as there is nothign left for it to bite on. My guess is that PCFC simply haven't got around to filing the necessary forms - they don't need the mortgagor's co-operation to do that.

In summary, probably just sloppiness on PCFC's part - not the sort of thing you would expect from a properly run company, but then ...

Well, the late filing fee for the accounts won't bankrupt them, but it's fairly amaeturish not to get your accounts in on time, unless there's some reason for holding them back. Sometimes companies deliberately delay filing their accounts if they contain information which might hurt the company if it got into the public domain, though I doubt that is the case here. Another reason for delays in filing acounts is if the auditors and the board can't agree on something eg what provision to make for contingent liabilities.

As for the 3 mortgages, either they have been satisfied/discharged and no-one has got around to filing the necessary forms at Companies House or they are still in force because there are still liabilties which they secure. As the premier league parachute payments were paid out some time ago, the charge over them should have been spent as there is nothign left for it to bite on. My guess is that PCFC simply haven't got around to filing the necessary forms - they don't need the mortgagor's co-operation to do that.

In summary, probably just sloppiness on PCFC's part - not the sort of thing you would expect from a properly run company, but then ...

Cheers. So, in summary, tinpot accounting by a tinpot football club....

Apart from the annual season ticket sale....

Just to offer a possible explanation...perhaps the PFA agreements in which the greedy villains gave up their wages in return for abuse, included further payments if pompey returned to the Premier League?

With them on the brink of a return to the top flight it would seem sensible to keep a charge in place, unless of course you trust the people enough not to need security?

*cough*

"In the event that Portsmouth Football Club should be promoted to the Football Association Premier League, Portsmouth Community Football Club Limited shall be required to pay further purchase consideration of £3,000,000, if promotion is achieved by 30th June 2022, reducing to £1,000,000 if promotion is achieved subsequently prior to 30th June 2024."

*chuckle*

None of that is likely to happen.

Edited by Matthew Le God

*cough*

"In the event that Portsmouth Football Club should be promoted to the Football Association Premier League, Portsmouth Community Football Club Limited shall be required to pay further purchase consideration of £3,000,000, if promotion is achieved by 30th June 2022, reducing to £1,000,000 if promotion is achieved subsequently prior to 30th June 2024."

*chuckle*

None of that is likely to happen.

So they are deliberately being so carp so that they never inoke those charges. They are being run by geniuses after all!!

What I find astounding is the number of people who saw the reporting of Skates turning a profit and have posted on the BBC comments wishing them well for definitely not financially doping themselves to an FA Cup they couldn't afford with players they didn't pay other clubs for, and then defaulting on £80m of taxpayers' money.

Be afraid then as these idiots can vote in your General Election :lol::lol:

It would seem, all those years ago, the DFCSBs were actually ahead of the game........

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/foodanddrink/foodnews/what-does-squirrel-meat-taste-like/ar-AAa1NYw?ocid=MSN_UK_NL_MO35

Following its brief inclusion on the menu of The Cinnamon Club restaurant in Westminster, squirrel meat has become rather sought after.

A butcher in Suffolk supplemented its dwindling rabbit stocks with squirrel meat earlier this month, selling out in three hours. The Elveden Estate butchers explained to the Daily Mailthat rabbit numbers were on the decline and that there is now a limit on the number allowed to be killed in order to keep the population stable.

Hence the replacement meat, which has become something of a hit.

[h=3]Why consider eating squirrel?[/h]Director of The Wild Meat Company, Robert Gooch, thinks that the fact that interest in the meat is rising is largely down to the novelty factor. His company sell a variety of game meats, including squirrel, and he was happy to supply us with one to try out in our own kitchen.

People don’t often “appreciate the quality of the meat” he told us, since squirrels are “commonly seen in parks and gardens.” Robert added that, conversely, in the US squirrel is rather popular, and an American colleague also confirmed this to me.

American chef Georgia Pellegrini says that it’s a particular favourite of the eastern states, and according to a 2011 report (the most recent) on the hunting habits of Americans, 1.7 million people in the States hunted squirrels that year. That's significantly more than the 1.5 million shooting at rabbits. “Squirrel hunting is more American than apple pie” says Pellegrini.

[h=3]Cooking squirrel[/h]The first thing I notice about squirrel as I tried to section it up was the high bone-to-meat ratio, which isn’t surprising considering its small size, but makes for rather difficult work when portioning it out. A very heavy and sharp knife is required to cleanly and safely cut through the bones and cartilage.

The main chunks of meat are to be found on the hind quarters, but there’s also a bit on the front quarters, and a small amount around the lower back.

While cutting, I realised that there’s little bits of hair clinging to the meat here and there, which isn’t the most appetising thing, but then again, it’s no worse than a spot of unshaved pork.

I browned the meat in a frying pan and then quickly boiled it with a bay leaf in the mix to finish the job, hoping to retain most of the flavour while not obscuring it. While cooking, a musty odour became very noticeable, though this is possibly the result of the meat having sat in plastic packaging for a couple of days. It did clear up after a couple of minutes.

I tried to shred as much meat off the bones as possible, but it is hard going. Apparently the pieces are often served breaded in the States, much like KFC chicken.

I can see why. You really need to get your mouth around a joint and strip it down with your teeth for maximum efficacy, but wanting to give everyone the chance to taste it, I carry on ripping scrappy pieces off the carcass with a fork and sharp knife.

[h=3]What does it taste like?[/h]Strangely, the squirrel meat was compared with pretty much every other meat. “Tastes like chicken” came the inevitable response from a few people, but others said it was “light, a bit like pork,” or even compared it to lamb.

I think that our collective inability to make a singular comparison tells us that squirrel has its own distinctive flavour. Personally, I would describe it as a light game meat that I would happily eat again – it reminded me somewhat of duck, and I wasn’t alone in that thought either.

One person looked at the plate for a few moments before commenting that they simply couldn’t do it. “I just keep thinking of squirrels running around in the park!” Others were put off by the smell, but those who got past that found it quite tasty and most said they'd give it another go in the future.

I find it incredibly difficult to believe that even they would pay a League Two player £8,462 a week :lol:

Such incredulity and the ensuing laughter is what keeps this thread fresh and current.....they are truly the gift that keeps on giving!

Shame they didn't list Agent C's contribution to their deficit...was mentioned as around £5k a week:)

Great reading on POL at the moment, aside from all the infighting, theft and scandal amongst the PDT.

They want government funding for the new megadrome.

They want to saddle the club with debt and mortgages as an alternative..

They fancy taking over the B&Q across the road and building a new 40k stadium....

They also keep banging on about rotating the ground, buying up all the surrounding houses, demolishing and rebuilding fatpipes.....

Although it is amusing that some finally are accepting the damming words from the CEO that the "grand old lady" really is a crumbling wreck with fat seeping through the walls of Champagne Iains private bar......

I told them many times Moneyfields is where their future lies!

Hopefully some of their fans left early and are currently making the long journey back home in their pony and trap while blissfully unaware of that injury time equaliser.

Equaliser Equaliser that's just a fabricated rumour put round by them farkin scummars in it

Thats left them marooned 11 points between the drop zone and the playoffs again, but now with only 18 points left to play for. They really couldn't afford to drop those points today [emoji38]

Not really. They haven't been anywhere near the play offs, or at serious risk of relegation all season. Their last twenty games are utterly meaningless win, lose or draw.

Not really. They haven't been anywhere near the play offs, or at serious risk of relegation all season. Their last twenty games are utterly meaningless win, lose or draw.

Tend to agree, although c.10 games ago Hartlepool were c.10 points adrift of safety so any things possible (in theory, and sometimes in practice)

what assets have they got that add up to £4.5m??

Fratton is now boxed in, it would cost more to pull the thing down than the land is worth..

They rent the training ground....

The players are all worthless, probably £500k tops for the whole team. Wallace is probably worth 400k with the rest adding up to 100k, bearing in mind, Pompey got them all for free or on loan...

Are they coutning the cash they got form Tesco's as an asset?

It must be that table and chairs that were on the antiques roadshow that are worth the 4.5 m

big game today at fratton. The Dockyard Derby....Pompey v Plymouth

Plymouth are on course for a playoff finish. Although their form at the mo can be hit and miss. They have a tight defence but sometimes not so good in front of goal

big game today at fratton. The Dockyard Derby....Pompey v Plymouth

Plymouth are on course for a playoff finish. Although their form at the mo can be hit and miss. They have a tight defence but sometimes not so good in front of goal

Is Paul Wotton still there .... be great if he scored and did a Wayne Bridge celebration to upset the home faithful!!

2-1 to the skates but every cloud has a silver lining as it's sure to add to the indecision about Awford's future.

Perfect, they keep him on and in the summer he buys a few more donkeys, they then have a bad start to next season before sacking him around October/November ! Next they conjure up another 'club legend' (of the cheap variety) and the whole cycle starts again :)

Lubbly jubbly....