Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

oh but what about the wonder goal.

The keeper hoofs it to Messi, he miscontrols it into the middle where the Bournemouth youth team stand about watching.

Iniesta turns one way, then the other and before you can say where is the defence, he eventually gets the ball under control and fires it low past the despairing reserve keeper.

Mesmerising stuff!

In the same way that economy chicken nuggets are upmarket if you've been eating dog$hit for five years.

From the BBC deadline day page

Smith off to Pompey?

Posted at 16:49

Neither club has confirmed this one yet, but BBC Wiltshire are reporting that Swindon striker Michael Smith is on his way to League Two Portsmouth.

The 24-year-old forward spent three months on loan at Barnsley earlier this season, but failed to score in 13 appearances.

Sounds like a standard skate loan - probably paying him a stupid wage as well:?

What happened to their love affair with Matt Tubbs.

Thought he was going to shoot them all the way to the Championship.

Well this is all a clearly part of their plan to rip up league two. I think they are just lulling us all into a false sense of security first.

Not sure why they felt the need to do that for 3 years but then I gave up trying to understand the mindset of your average skate years ago

POL quotes

We're supposed to be the model for fan ownership of which we should be rightly proud.

We can never compete with the Chelsea Manures etc so basically we become Scum lite.

Not for me thanks.

surely its only a matter of time before more teams go bust, giving us our chance to work our way up through the leagues?

Premier League - we could easily cope. Size of ground and so on is becoming more and more irrelevant in this division

I'd be happy to franchise the club to any one who thinks they can make money out of it.

So The idea is that fans will continue to own the ground and receive rent for it to maintain or improve it.

The fans will hold the rights to the History and any other historical interest etc.

A new owner has a massive potential fan base to work with and can throw as much of his own money at it as he likes to provide entertainment to its captive audience...if it goes tits up - the fans just step in again and start again.

And yet again I find myself astounded at the delusion levels found in your average Skate

'The fans will hold the right to the History and any other historical interest etc'

Well firstly your club is only 4 years old so not much to worry about there.

Secondly anyone who buys the club will be buying the whole thing. They won't be interested in p!ssing about with anyone else owning the stadium or other 'rights' to any club property, intellectual (ha!) or otherwise.

Thirdly who the actual f£CK would want to spend their money on a second rate, tinpot shower of sh!t stuck in a ground that should have been pulled down at the turn of the century and getting worse every day?

Some people down there have got their heads stuck so far up their own backsides it makes the human centipede look amateur.

Do they seriously still cling to the belief that there is anything worth buying? Do they seriously still think that there's some billionaire just waiting to step in and save them?

No infrastructure

No academy

The ground needs to be completely rebuilt and, because they are now landlocked by Tesco will never have a much larger capacity than what it currently has (unless the FL allow safe standing again)

Seriously skates just f*ck off. Stop trying. You're an embarrassment.

Mad Billionaire. I'd like to buy the club.

Trust. We want £30m.

Mad Billionaire. Really? :o

Trust. Yes, BUT we want to retain overall control, and have a veto on any big decisions, and have three people on the board, and we want guarantees from you about a new ground and investment!

Hello......hello?....

POL is rather amusing tonight... :lol:

Time and again it happens. No away win in the north since 2013. I followed it on the BBC online: 77 mins, 86 mins and 90 mins. 90+4. Let's look for that final score...

I do not like Steve Cotterill. I do not rate Steve Cotterill. I did not like his football here at Fratton. But I know one thing: if he is a serial failure at Championship level, he succeeds in getting clubs up from L1 and L2. The football might even be rancid, but he'd get our club up. A no-nonsesne, ruthless pragmatist.

I hate this division. I want no more of it. If Cook fails, he has to go. The season is a disgrace to date.

Awford had one full season in effect and went. So should Cook if he can't get us up.

Of course we were going to improve, but to little extent.

I would rather the failure, for failure it now looks ike being, be a total one. Not even the play-offs. We need someone who can get this club up. No messing.

With every season in this league, we will start to believe we belong in this league. Very dangerous and fatalistic.

Tonight is yet another unacceptable result in a season whereby the majority of the results have been unacceptable.

Good teams make their own luck. We aren't even a good team at this pathetic level.

fair play to the best 500 who went all the way up there on a Tuesday night.

As I expected. There is no killer instinct in the team ... New Manager needed

Where was the 48 passes today?

The expectation: we will win this league. Then it's downgraded: automatic promotion. Then it's further downgraded after ONLY 27 games: play-offs. Who's to say it won't be further downgraded or at least the play-offs will be missed?

Reading through the rest of his posts for lols, they really don't breed them very bright in Portsmouth do they? I mean me and the greatest minds in Canada, still don't understand what he means by this post...

'If pompey was looking for a job it be ****ed in conceding so late'

Edited by DarrenLeTiss

Reading through the rest of his posts for lols, they really don't breed them very bright in Portsmouth do they? I mean me and the greatest minds in Canada, still don't understand what he means by this post...

'If pompey was looking for a job it be ****ed in conceding so late'

We might say a right-thinking chap who had just witnessed, say, a traditional England batting collapse was 'incandescent'.

By contrast, our friend here has simply become 'incoherent'

To be fair to them, I'm now a believer!

They've spent so long in League 2 now, that I, four one, believe they should still be there :D I love the way they've gone from losing on Saturday but being 'championship' standard to losing on Tuesday and being mid table League 2 standard. They have more highs and lows than a crack addict in a pharmacy.

Not to mention playing a Premier League side 'off the park' in the FA cup...... Apparently.....

See it become a Portsmyth before your very eyes!

Funny but to me, if your team plays another team off the park there's usually a win attached to it. This Portsmyth clearly fails to address the fact that the second half of that match was all Bournemouth and the skates barely got a look in.

Corporate Ho on POL

For Anyone who's upset tonight please spare a thought for me. I've just had to suffer a corporate night out watching scum time waste their way to a 0-0 at the Emirates.

:lol: :lol:

He should think himself lucky. I'd venture there aren't many fairy light salesmen who end up being wined and dined at a top premier league game.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})