Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

A quick look on POL and there is this absolute gem from our old friend Corporate Ho. He has conveniently forgotten the result the last time the two U18 teams met...

I'm guessing after what Koeman said about their academy he's realised that ours is actually better at producing kids. Jed (played out of position at Wolves and will prove it at Millwall) Connor, Webbo, Close, Jack, not to mention the ones like Matt Ritchie, Joel Ward and Begovic already doing so well at PL level.

:mcinnes:

Interesting to compare how many ex Saints Youth are currently playing in the professional game

Just off the top of my head

Bale

Walcott

Ward Prowse

Targett

Baird

Reeves

Oxlade Chamberlain

Mills (Matt)

Mills (Fish)

McGoldrick

Poke

Cranie

Gobern

Best

Blackstock

Lallana

Martin

Surman

Reed

Gallagher

A quick look on POL and there is this absolute gem from our old friend Corporate Ho. He has conveniently forgotten the result the last time the two U18 teams met...

I'm guessing after what Koeman said about their academy he's realised that ours is actually better at producing kids. Jed (played out of position at Wolves and will prove it at Millwall) Connor, Webbo, Close, Jack, not to mention the ones like Matt Ritchie, Joel Ward and Begovic already doing so well at PL level.

baby-falling-over-laughing-o.gif

Add to the notorious quintet a local newspaper which was equally culpable in not asking the sort of questions that should have been asked when dubious characters rode into town, but instead jumped on the bandwagon wide-eyed with deep-joy and enthusiasm at how the successive owners' wealth would make p****y a world power in football.

The staff at the paper - from the editor on downwards - failed in their duties as journalists in not asking the right questions at the time. They did retrospectively, when it was clear these guys were charlatans, child-maimers, pension thieves, and when they pulled their money out. Had they continued to pump money in, the News would have kept schtum in exchange for success on the field.

Of course, they are wise after the events, but not only has Storrie been airbrushed from history (along with a few others) they have conveniently overlooked their own complicity in the whole sorry saga.

an-hammer_hit_nail_lg_wht.gif

Bugger me. The latest article from Factless is a true nugget. All about how pompey's demise is at the hands of crooked owners and nobody else. Saggy chops is exonerated and Story Teller is not even mentioned.

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/football-must-stop-taking-pompey-name-in-vain-1-7163711

julian12312:08 PM on 16/01/2016

I would say to Bournemouth and the Saints be very careful. I would rather be in Pompey´s position than theirs any day.

rofl.gif

Edited by trousers

:mcinnes:

Can I be the first to say who, who, who, who, who and who?

Lovely quote from the comments section of that Snooze article :

Admittedly this would mean being in breach of a few European and UEFA rules, but I think we should be more bold and influential in deciding the future of football.

Read more: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/football-must-stop-taking-pompey-name-in-vain-1-7163711#ixzz3xalPIYEX

Delusion or what :mcinnes:

A skate I work with always says "I'd rather be in our position than yours".

I burst out laughing every time. Odd bunch.

A bloke at the pub claimed earlier (amongst other examples), that they would come back.

"You have to with 20k in league two."

"They'll always be sh*te though, because they can't be anything better, they're a transient population, they come and go, nobody stays, they'll always be sh*te"

"Knicker wearing people"

In a northern accent.

Nice bloke.

When our 3rd goal went in at the weekend, like many I found it difficult to celebrate, it was the same at the Arsenal game.

If anything I just felt this nagging jealousy.

Yes we won but we have no control over our club.

I just sat there in our council-owned stadium booing - surrounded by empty seats and asylum seekers with their free tickets, wishing that I owned a piece of paper of no monetary value that confirmed that I had made a £1,000 charitable donation towards paying off David Connolly.*

Yes we won, but it was in the nasty money-riddled Premier League, which is nowhere near as exciting as League Two.

That's proper football, so SMS in that moment as Tadic scored was an empty place when compared to spending a saturday afternoon at an M6 services near Accrington Stanley.

Yeah, sorry to admit it but I'm still jealous. :(

* This sentence contains five portsmyths in 15 words, the equivalent of three paragraphs in local media.

When our 3rd goal went in at the weekend, like many I found it difficult to celebrate, it was the same at the Arsenal game.

If anything I just felt this nagging jealousy.

Yes we won but we have no control over our club.

I just sat there in our council-owned stadium booing - surrounded by empty seats and asylum seekers with their free tickets, wishing that I owned a piece of paper of no monetary value that confirmed that I had made a £1,000 charitable donation towards paying off David Connolly.*

Yes we won, but it was in the nasty money-riddled Premier League, which is nowhere near as exciting as League Two.

That's proper football, so SMS in that moment as Tadic scored was an empty place when compared to spending a saturday afternoon at an M6 services near Accrington Stanley.

Yeah, sorry to admit it but I'm still jealous. :(

* This sentence contains five portsmyths in 15 words, the equivalent of three paragraphs in local media.

Lol :-)

Before I could find the remote to turn over to UK Dire or a shopping channel, I had to endure South Today live from Fatpipes Park. On the stand behind the grinning idiot, was a banner proclaiming FA Cup wins and final appearances.

Strange. I thought that was a whole different club?

Found the remote though.

I assume them going further than us in the cup will mean there will be shirts embroidered with this below their club badge. Fair play though they beat Ipswich over 2 legs and it is now a minnows versus giants Fa cup match. Bound to earn plenty of TV and attendance revenue

Fantastic news. The more time they spend taking their eye off the ball in the league the better.

Does not necessarily mean we will though does it. Do hope Bournemouth beat us though.

Happy with the revenue from the 15k crowd last night plus prize money and no doubt will be a sell out against Bournemouth. I'll take that.

Interesting to compare how many ex Saints Youth are currently playing in the professional game

Just off the top of my head

Interesting-ish, but already a thread elsewhere on the Forum which gets bumped every so often and definitely not needed in this particular thread, which is all killer and no filler absolutely definitely f'sure, and this is in no way sarcasm.

EDIT: found it thanks to a search on "Holder-Spooner" :D : http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50894-Random-Ex-Academy-Player-Transfer-News-no-one-will-care-about&highlight=holder-spooner

Edited by The9

Since we beat them in 2010, with that screamer from Wayne Thomas, Ipswich have not won an FA Cup tie.

Not even with their reserve side.

Nor had Portsmouth between the 2010 semi-final and the first round this year in November 2015.

Does not necessarily mean we will though does it. Do hope Bournemouth beat us though.

Happy with the revenue from the 15k crowd last night plus prize money and no doubt will be a sell out against Bournemouth. I'll take that.

One assumes, given Pompey are the bestest 'community' club in the whole wide world, that they'll voluntarily give this additional revenue back to some of the individuals and companies that lost 96% of the money Pompey owed them a few years ago? Actually, no, scratch that idea. I'm forgetting the current football club playing at Fratton Park have nothing whatsoever to do with the previous incarnation(s). Doh, silly old me.

Edited by trousers

One assumes, given Pompey are the bestest 'community' club in the whole wide world, that they'll voluntarily give this additional revenue back to some of the individuals and companies that lost 96% of the money Pompey owed them a few years ago? Actually, no, scratch that idea. I'm forgetting the current football club playing at Fratton Park have nothing whatsoever to do with the previous incarnation(s). Doh, silly old me.

Trolley! you deluded tw*t, no need to post drivel on this thread,When it comes to that dirty word "owed" Naaarrr can't be us our new club is onist as the day is long,

"f**k it's winter init!;)

Edited by mack rill

I was going to suggest that someone explains to them how a normal business works but then I realised that would be like the Blackadder sketch where Lord Blackadder is trying to teach Baldrick maths.

'Now then skate, here we have some beans. No don't try to eat them...... Never mind we still have some beans over here let's use those.'

'I LIKE BEANS'

'Yes, very good. Now. We have three.... Alright we have two beans. Leave them alone just watch.'

'BEANS!'

'Yes, beans. So we have two beans and here we have two more beans, what does that make?'

'SOME BEANS FOR MY LUNCH,'

'Yes, but it's not lunchtime, so what we, in fact, have is four beans.'

'HUR,'

'So, if I buy a player and he costs one bean, how many beans do I have left?'

'LOTS. I LIKE BEANS. LETS BUY THE FA CUP.'

'Ok, well you can't buy the FA cup. It's the prize in a big competition and you have to win it fair and square.'

'WANT FA CUP'

'Well yes I know, everyone wants the FA cup. Look ok, to win the cup you need to be a little lucky in the draw and you need to buy in players who can win that cup for you. Do you understand?'

'GONNA FILL THE CUP WITH BEANS'

'Right yes but you do understand that you still need to use those beans to pay the players, the staff, the people who supply those nice pies you like so, going back to our example, you only have three beans left. What do you spend them on?'

'PLAYERS. WANT CUP. BEANS'

Etc etc

Edited by Mr Biscuits

I was going to suggest that someone explains to them how a normal business works but then I realised that would be like the Blackadder sketch where Lord Blackadder is trying to teach Baldrick maths.

'Now then skate, here we have some beans. No don't try to eat them...... Never mind we still have some beans over here let's use those.'

'I LIKE BEANS'

'Yes, very good. Now. We have three.... Alright we have two beans. Leave them alone just watch.'

'BEANS!'

'Yes, beans. So we have two beans and here we have two more beans, what does that make?'

'SOME BEANS FOR MY LUNCH,'

'Yes, but it's not lunchtime, so what we, in fact, have is four beans.'

'HUR,'

'So, if I buy a player and he costs one bean, how many beans do I have left?'

'LOTS. I LIKE BEANS. LETS BUY THE FA CUP.'

'Ok, well you can't buy the FA cup. It's the prize in a big competition and you have to win it fair and square.'

'WANT FA CUP'

'Well yes I know, everyone wants the FA cup. Look ok, to win the cup you need to be a little lucky in the draw and you need to buy in players who can win that cup for you. Do you understand?'

'GONNA FILL THE CUP WITH BEANS'

'Right yes but you do understand that you still need to use those beans to pay the players, the staff, the people who supply those nice pies you like so, going back to our example, you only have three beans left. What do you spend them on?'

'PLAYERS. WANT CUP. BEANS'

Etc etc

:toppa:

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})