Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

That will be the most watertight 'gentleman's agreement' that was never inked.

#tinpot

Yeah, so what they seem to be saying is that they have a written agreement that has a set duration. If they want him for longer and Sheffield United want him back then they can't have him, but, on the other hand, if Pompey don't want him, he can go back to Sheffield. This doesn't seem very logical or fair to me, so a definite Portsmyth.

Would that be like Toby Alderhoweveryouspellit being on loan to Saints and then signing for some sh*te London club despite Saints thinking we had first dibs?

Good luck with that one skates. Nige probably only allowed him to go there on the grounds that he'd Buck his ideas up having seen where he could end up.

So, if I've got this right... they think they're entitled to keep a player they haven't got a contract with just because he's turned out not to be ****, and Nigel's going to tell them to stick it, the jealous scummer.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-upbeat-mcnulty-agreement-will-hold-firm-1-7105223

of course gentlemens agreements dont count if he hadnt done any good. I suggest they have many other loans who went back early

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/news/business/local-business/asda-unveils-pompey-saints-santa-suit-1-7107862

What the...?

What next? More blue balls on a snooker table in case the blue few get offended?

:lol:

That's so laughably small time it's funny. They will literally moan about anything red and white. First the Spinnaker and now........................... Father Christmas :lol:

So, if I've got this right... they think they're entitled to keep a player they haven't got a contract with just because he's turned out not to be ****, and Nigel's going to tell them to stick it, the jealous scummer.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-upbeat-mcnulty-agreement-will-hold-firm-1-7105223

Basically the only time a club can cancel a season-long loan is when the transfer window is open.

The fact he's "only on loan until January" means it is by definition an emergency loan which has a maximum duration of 93 days (with the term agreed when the loan is set up). No amount of "gentlemen's agreements" will extend it beyond 93 days, because the only way they can do that is by arranging a completely different kind of loan, the season-long loan they don't currently have.

The funny bit is that even if the Skates get approval for a season-long loan right at the start of January, Sheffield United can STILL recall him up to the end of the transfer window (i.e. until the start of February).

Yeah, so what they seem to be saying is that they have a written agreement that has a set duration. If they want him for longer and Sheffield United want him back then they can't have him, but, on the other hand, if Pompey don't want him, he can go back to Sheffield. This doesn't seem very logical or fair to me, so a definite Portsmyth.

The written agreement is the emergency loan, and actually, yes this is all perfectly logical. Either side can terminate a loan, but only the side with the permanent registration can agree to extend it. Though as season long loans can only be cancelled during transfer windows, once the transfer window is closed, if they've agreed a season long loan they can't recall the player.

Anybody catch this tonight?

http://www.channel5.com/shows/on-benefits/episodes/benefits-britain-life-on-the-dole-17

Subtitled; 'Portsmouth payouts', nobody likes to stereotype people, but there must be a reason why TV documentary makers queue up on Portsdown Hill to wait their turn to swoop down and make the latest version (Channel Four have also made documentaries on a similar subject).

I'm the first to have sympathy for genuinely unemployed people, but judge for yourself if those featured in this fall into that category.

This on a day when it was announced that the government is going to pump £125m into Portsmouth dockyard to build the facilities for the new generation of aircraft carriers, and that MoD contracts have been given to BAe in portsmouth to construct RIBs for the RN, shows how the city sucks at the teat of government like few others.

The constant whingeing and moaning to be treated as a special case appears to pay for The Scousers of the South.

By the way, if you did miss the original screening, it is available on demand for ****s and giggles.

Anybody catch this tonight?

http://www.channel5.com/shows/on-benefits/episodes/benefits-britain-life-on-the-dole-17

Subtitled; 'Portsmouth payouts', nobody likes to stereotype people, but there must be a reason why TV documentary makers queue up on Portsdown Hill to wait their turn to swoop down and make the latest version (Channel Four have also made documentaries on a similar subject).

I'm the first to have sympathy for genuinely unemployed people, but judge for yourself if those featured in this fall into that category.

This on a day when it was announced that the government is going to pump £125m into Portsmouth dockyard to build the facilities for the new generation of aircraft carriers, and that MoD contracts have been given to BAe in portsmouth to construct RIBs for the RN, shows how the city sucks at the teat of government like few others.

The constant whingeing and moaning to be treated as a special case appears to pay for The Scousers of the South.

By the way, if you did miss the original screening, it is available on demand for ****s and giggles.

This is old money, they keep bringing it up. As soon as they said the carriers were going to be based in Pompey the money was ready so the could update the quay side.

The youth team lose at home to Man City. Time for some Neil Allan bingo.

'Gutsy'

'Fearless display'

'Impressive crowd' (1700) followed by excuses of weather and traffic.

A mention of the other teams money

'Magnificent show from pompey'

'Atmosphere cranked up'

All wrapped up with several typos and short paragraphs.

If only he could have used the word passion we'd have had a full house.

The youth team lose at home to Man City. Time for some Neil Allan bingo.

'Gutsy'

'Fearless display'

'Impressive crowd' (1700) followed by excuses of weather and traffic.

A mention of the other teams money

'Magnificent show from pompey'

'Atmosphere cranked up'

All wrapped up with several typos and short paragraphs.

If only he could have used the word passion we'd have had a full house.

'Extra, Extra, Read All About It, talent-free scribbler pens a #factless puff piece'

[with apologies to The Who]

I don't think Cook's really a halfwit. I think he said that just to see if the idiot journalist was stupid enough to actually print it.

Well let's be honest, most managers and players these days give really dull interviews where they state the bleeding obvious so I shouldn't be surprised at this

Not sure if I'd agree having lived and worked in both. That said, The Daily Echo ran a story saying the complete opposite about a month ago. All depends who you ask I guess.

Indeed...

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/13952835.Southampton_among_the_best_places_to_live_and_work_in_UK/

SOUTHAMPTON is one of the best places in the UK to live and work, according to new research.

The city comes sixth in a list of places in the country, ahead of locations such as London, Liverpool, Manchester and Bristol.

Portsmouth is ranked 11th

Edited by trousers

Indeed...

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/13952835.Southampton_among_the_best_places_to_live_and_work_in_UK/

SOUTHAMPTON is one of the best places in the UK to live and work, according to new research.

The city comes sixth in a list of places in the country, ahead of locations such as London, Liverpool, Manchester and Bristol.

Portsmouth is rank.

PORTSMOUTH has beaten rival city Southampton in a survey naming the best places to live within the UK.

Then you read the actual survey and that glorious victory actually turns out to be 248th in the UK - well below Winchester, Eastleigh, Fareham, Gosport and even Havant! :scared:

Nice.

Put the bus back in the garage.

PORTSMOUTH has beaten rival city Southampton in a survey naming the best places to live within the UK.

Then you read the actual survey and that glorious victory actually turns out to be 248th in the UK - well below Winchester, Eastleigh, Fareham, Gosport and even Havant! :scared:

Nice.

How could Eastleigh possibly be a better place to live than Southampton? Mental survey.

Nice.

That is absolute gold.

Mighty

Nice.

HAHAHAHA! I hadn't actually read it. That is hilarious.

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Thanks for making ‘Played Up #Pompey’ the best-selling book at Portsmouth Waterstones this Xmas! Still on sale too!!

CWsbushWsAAkcxS.jpg

And it's over to Rallyboy for a suitable punchline... :)

that's because it now comes with crayons

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})