Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Still 4th. Such a painful spot to finish in.......

Hard to see how they'll avoid automatic promotion with their #debtfree #massive income this time around, but if they succeed in remaining where they are that will be the most glorious snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory that ever was

Edited by Waterside.saint

Hard to see how they'll avoid automatic promotion with their #debtfree #massive income this time around, but if they succeed in remaining where they are that will be the most glorious snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory that ever was

They really have to go some to avoid automatic promotion. If they manage that then they'll really have to go some to lose the play offs.

They should be strolling that league.

It's drying rapidly beneath the Championship standard floodlights, the ones that are the envy of clubs the world over etc.

How is the virtual pitch and crowdfunded Premier League fencing doing down at their training complex arena?

Their players must be good at table tennis and Pacman by now.

Any pictures of their pitch after this weekend's game?

How is the new pitch 2.0 holding up to the weather?

JS79449808.jpg

simple solution though - add 32,000 penalty spots and get them all sponsored - actually don't even need to make them real just 'virtual' penalty spots will be fine

F*ck me gently how advanced can you make a system that sells tickets?

A: Hello, I'd like a ticket please

B: of course, that will be £X.xx please. Thank you. Here have a printed piece of card which represents your purchase.

Ticketing systems can be very complicated, as proven by Saints adding individual seat purchases for home (and eventually away) matches, having a system which takes previous purchases into account when determining if you are able to buy tickets at a number of different times and for a number of different increments, and still not ever using the points system they said they'd use 5 years ago.

I somehow doubt even ours is state of the art, given the gazillions of criteria Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool fans have to get tickets, and the ability to get those online. Ours has never been more complex than "IF X and Y games attended, then YES".

I fail to see how the Skates will have had this problem since they played us in the Championship - I remember going to a match for which I paid cash entry at Fratton in 1992 and accidentally qualifying for an FA Cup Semi-Final ticket, that's how big-time they are.

Just wondered - with only two of the former owners in jail, how is that promised forensic investigation going into the most recent money-laundering, tax-dodging, pensioner-mugging, child-maiming spate of pompey administrations?

I'm guessing the court appointed a company that thinks Chilcot is a maverick corner-cutter who rushes things - or perhaps the Premier League and the FA found a huge carpet to brush it all under?

Oh well, that's all forgotten now - as they say at HMRC, the charities and the hundreds of other creditors across the city.

Onwards and sideways.

Just wondered - with only two of the former owners in jail, how is that promised forensic investigation going into the most recent money-laundering, tax-dodging, pensioner-mugging, child-maiming spate of pompey administrations?

I'm guessing the court appointed a company that thinks Chilcot is a maverick corner-cutter who rushes things - or perhaps the Premier League and the FA found a huge carpet to brush it all under?

Oh well, that's all forgotten now - as they say at HMRC, the charities and the hundreds of other creditors across the city.

Onwards and sideways.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11674/9783211/portsmouth-creditors-facing-wait-for-cash

Portsmouth creditors may have to wait until 2017 to discover if they will receive any further money, seven years after the club first entered administration.

Portsmouth became the first Premier League club to be put into administration, with initial debts of nearly £120 million, in February 2010.

A year later, Portsmouth City Football Club Ltd was wound up and placed into compulsory liquidation at the High Court as the company exited its administration.

Baker Tilly, an independent firm of chartered accountants and business advisers, has been investigating the liquidated company for four years, and revealed they may require two more years to establish whether creditors will receive any further funds.

"Work to realise assets for the benefit of creditors is ongoing but our best estimate is that the matter is not likely to be concluded for the next 1-2 years." said Baker Tilly, in a statement to Sky Sports News HQ.

In February 2012, Championship Portsmouth entered administration for the second time in three seasons, and were relegated to League One three months later, before further relegation at the end of the following season.

Portsmouth are in 14th place in League Two.

The club, now trading under Portsmouth Community Football Club, announced on Monday that it had an operating profit of £118,000 in its first full year of trading.

Accounts for the year ending June 2014 showed a turnover of £6.6 million, with gate receipts of £3.4 million.

The club say there was an overall loss of £171,000 for the year, after including net interest charges of loans taken out to purchase the club in April 2013.

Baker Tilly's ongoing investigation is unrelated to the current company and fan-ownership of the club.

"As liquidators, we have a duty to ascertain any misconduct carried out by those in control of the company which has caused loss or prejudice to the general body of creditors." said Geoff Carton-Kelly, formerly joint-liquidator, in February 2011.

"In some cases, if appropriate, the liquidator may be able to bring legal proceedings against third parties as well as directors or shadow directors for either wrongful trading or fraudulent trading, misfeasance or breach of duty with a view to recovering funds for creditors. In addition, the liquidators have powers to reverse certain historical transactions for the benefit of creditors too."

Luton Town - weren't they punished for the crimes of the previous owners?....

It's pretty clear that financial irregularities occurred at Fatpipes and that the High Court was misled by pompey with false accounts.

Luckily for them the current club has no links at all with the previous club of a similar name, they've only been in business for a couple of years - in fact they are currently in their joint highest ever league position.

 Matt Slater Retweeted

Pete O'Neill ‏@Leigh_Wigan · 26m26 minutes ago

Brilliant from @PompeyTrust & @officialpompey board members coming up to give an insight into ST and potential ways forwards! #bwfc #Pompey

See they are sooo good at getting rid of debt, Bolton fans are all over them.

 Matt Slater Retweeted

Pete O'Neill ‏@Leigh_Wigan · 26m26 minutes ago

Brilliant from @PompeyTrust & @officialpompey board members coming up to give an insight into ST and potential ways forwards! #bwfc #Pompey

See they are sooo good at getting rid of debt, Bolton fans are all over them.

Hopefully taught them how to lose to non-league sides in the Cup.

From POL. An interesting example he chose, I wonder why another south coast club and their finances were ignored...

Remember in their world a balance sheet is something you use to cover up the folding table at a press conference.

Mick McCarthy putting out a weakened side against Pompey tomorrow. I suppose that's less controversial than cheating your way to cup 'glory'...

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/mick_mccarthy_names_his_team_for_ipswich_town_s_fa_cup_tie_against_portsmouth_1_4372688

“Our team tomorrow is Bart, Luke Chambers, Jonas Knudsen, Piotr Malarczyk, Paul Digby, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Skusey, Luke Hyam, Tommy Oar, Brett Pitman and Reg Varney,” revealed McCarthy. “That’s the team and it’s one that is capable of winning that game

“The reason I have named it is because I don’t want all that nonsense where they go ‘I got the team sheet at 2pm and pinned it up on the dressing room wall as motivation’. It’s out there now and if they feel motivated by it, or if they feel I’ve some how demeaned the competition, which I completely and utterly haven’t, well, good luck to them.”

‘Then again, the club is now financially secure and sound, its credit rating is going up and is the sort of business decent lenders would be interested in being part of – if you can put together a suitable business plan.

Read more: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/work-has-started-on-pompey-s-fratton-future-1-7150229#ixzz3wpbEyHsu

I am I on the wrong thread here ?

This is Pompey we are talking about ?

Gotta chuckle at this comment. They seem to think that the world owes them rather than the other way around.

"After Hillsborough and as a direct result of the Taylor report every football club in the land had the opportunity to improve their grounds with a large proportion of the cost being covered by a central fund which I believe was under the Football Association. Most clubs redeveloped their grounds and quite a few demolished and started afresh with complete new stadia.

Some of the wiser owners within the game took advantage of this and have made massive profits off the back of their increased capacity to date. Other's like ourselves either had owners who didn't want to spend or who lacked the vision to see the bigger picture and as result ended up with their dilapidated grounds.*

Now although the fund closed many years ago, I still believe that the Football Association have an obligation, if only a moral obligation towards those clubs they didn't receive help from the fund. If the club was to kick up a stink with regards to how it is that West Ham can gain a brand new stadium for a mere pittance and that this whole saga should be taken to the courts as they are gaining an unfair advantage over every other club in the land, I would have thought that the FA might well look favourably upon helping clubs... if only to draw the attention away from the Olympic Stadium Legacy committee.

Football in this country is awash with money, money that we have paid into the coffers... why shouldn't we get some back. Maybe this would be a great PR exercise for the FA to be helping clubs like ourselves and others who choose to Fan Ownership as a option rather than administration. Just a thought!"

I see they let a lead slip in the final moments missing out on the famousest giant killing yesterday. Shame. Another game they could do without really.

But it'll bring in more revenue which will inevitably help them to settle the 3 charges that the PFA still have on Fratton Park...

(No, I've no idea either why the PFA still has 3 charges against a club that is "debt free"...)

Gotta chuckle at this comment. They seem to think that the world owes them rather than the other way around.

"After Hillsborough and as a direct result of the Taylor report every football club in the land had the opportunity to improve their grounds with a large proportion of the cost being covered by a central fund which I believe was under the Football Association. Most clubs redeveloped their grounds and quite a few demolished and started afresh with complete new stadia.

Some of the wiser owners within the game took advantage of this and have made massive profits off the back of their increased capacity to date. Other's like ourselves either had owners who didn't want to spend or who lacked the vision to see the bigger picture and as result ended up with their dilapidated grounds.*

Now although the fund closed many years ago, I still believe that the Football Association have an obligation, if only a moral obligation towards those clubs they didn't receive help from the fund. If the club was to kick up a stink with regards to how it is that West Ham can gain a brand new stadium for a mere pittance and that this whole saga should be taken to the courts as they are gaining an unfair advantage over every other club in the land, I would have thought that the FA might well look favourably upon helping clubs... if only to draw the attention away from the Olympic Stadium Legacy committee.

Football in this country is awash with money, money that we have paid into the coffers... why shouldn't we get some back. Maybe this would be a great PR exercise for the FA to be helping clubs like ourselves and others who choose to Fan Ownership as a option rather than administration. Just a thought!"

Obviously the £2m grant provided by the football trust in 1995 to help pay for the new Fratton End and the other work required to turn **** Park into an all seater stadium wasn't enough, so they want another hand out.

Some of the wiser owners within the game took advantage of this and have made massive profits off the back of their increased capacity to date. Others like ourselves either had owners who didn't want to spend or who lacked the vision to see the bigger picture and as result ended up with their dilapidated grounds.*

I must have forgotten the bit where they rebuilt the entire Fratton End in response to the Taylor Report, almost certainly using money from said fund.

I just noticed today that former Fratton park hero and Barcelona Bound Jed Wallace has joined Division 3 Millwall after failing to make the grade in Division 2.

Just a blip I would imagine.

Found his level, better than L2 but not Championship level, and certainly never getting near the Premier League. Amusing how quickly people forget how good you have to be to play in the Prem regularly when they watch rubbish every week - I remember completely freaking out when England and Ireland's U21s played at St Mary's because of how much quicker the game was than the guff Saints were serving up in the Championship at the time.

We'd just taken Irish U21 Stephen O'Halloran on loan from Villa back then (future career 13 games for Coventry, 5 for Carlisle, then a season at Nuneaton, 78 games for Stockport and on to Salford) and it was clear he was way out of his depth in that International (and subsequently in his one appearance with Saints). If you're not good enough, you're not good enough.

England player-in-waiting Jed is gently sliding down the league to meet them coming up - no doubt he could rejoin and lead them back to the promised land!

(slightly worrying when the great hope who was head and shoulders above the rest of the club can't hack it in the 2nd tier) :scared:

Our old friend Cotterill back on the market. L1 title and JPT win last season but binned after a six months back in the Championship.

Slightly harsh but they have been on a shocking run.

F'sure, he's a triffic coach according to some top, top football management legends so he won't be out of work long.

Our old friend Cotterill back on the market. L1 title and JPT win last season but binned after a six months back in the Championship.

Slightly harsh but they have been on a shocking run.

F'sure, he's a triffic coach according to some top, top football management legends so he won't be out of work long.

His post match radio interviews were comedy gold.:lol:

The biggest hero turned villain manager takes his magic touch to another club,

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/14206184.Ex_Saints_boss_becomes_director_of_Wimborne_Town/

Bugger me. The latest article from Factless is a true nugget. All about how pompey's demise is at the hands of crooked owners and nobody else. Saggy chops is exonerated and Story Teller is not even mentioned.

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/football-must-stop-taking-pompey-name-in-vain-1-7163711

Add to the notorious quintet a local newspaper which was equally culpable in not asking the sort of questions that should have been asked when dubious characters rode into town, but instead jumped on the bandwagon wide-eyed with deep-joy and enthusiasm at how the successive owners' wealth would make p****y a world power in football.

The staff at the paper - from the editor on downwards - failed in their duties as journalists in not asking the right questions at the time. They did retrospectively, when it was clear these guys were charlatans, child-maimers, pension thieves, and when they pulled their money out. Had they continued to pump money in, the News would have kept schtum in exchange for success on the field.

Of course, they are wise after the events, but not only has Storrie been airbrushed from history (along with a few others) they have conveniently overlooked their own complicity in the whole sorry saga.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})