Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

"Scum were 120 million in debt two years after exiting administration, they're still fifty million in debt now even after the players they sold off the last two seasons."

I just read this on the interweb, so I'm assuming it's true......WTF!!! We are screwed!!

What amuses me the most about that particular portsmyth is the hope you can hear behind it.

Under the current ownership there is a very clear intention for the club to remain on a financial even keel. I don't know what the current level of debt is however it's obvious that its a working debt rather than one built up through mismanagement. Certainly, the club assets make any debt we do have pretty much meaningless.

It must really dig into to the skates to see us sitting pretty in a league which is awash with money, overcoming our issues with style.

The club are looking for volunteers to help with some labouring next week due to the large number of successive home games.

I'm possibly reading too much into that, but does that not suggest problems with the pitch? For what other reason would a "large number of successive home games" give rise to the need to employ "volunteer labourers"?

#tinpot

Edited by trousers

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/paul-cook-s-pompey-green-light-to-strengthen-1-7172201

Catlin: "In the summer we bought players – and I suppose you could say a manager. We’re in a very good position because of the tight ship we run. And we will try to put as much money as we get from the FA Cup run into improving the product on the pitch"

As opposed to improving the infrastructure of the club?

Same old Pompey.... Players > Infrastructure.

One of them gets it...

I would think a lot of people would start to worry that if big transfer fees are being made whether we are slipping back to the days of buying success that we can't sustain or afford
Edited by trousers

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/the-cross-word-can-obi-wan-cookie-awaken-force-in-pompey-1-7171126#ixzz3xxzIBDqW

Sit down and hold on tightly to something before reading this. Collapsing is very possible.

spitcoffee.gif

Good lord. Please tell me that's one of those articles The News journalists (sic) sometimes write to check that the obsessed nutjobs on this thread are still paying attention?

One thing is for sure, you can tell Cross has been working with the journalistic phenomenon that is Neil Allen for far too long.

#tinpot

Edited by trousers

'These pillagers were intent on finally destroying Pompey with their greed but they hadn’t reckoned on the formation of the Pompey Rebel Alliance'.

Funnily enough the greed was overlooked by the Rebel Alliance until famine arrived, now of course the baddies who bought them the glory are now seen as the villains. All involved had their part to play, the owners, the players , the fans and also the News who enjoyed eating off the pillagers table

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/the-cross-word-can-obi-wan-cookie-awaken-force-in-pompey-1-7171126#ixzz3xxzIBDqW

Sit down and hold on tightly to something before reading this. Collapsing is very possible.

Your average fourth former could write something a bit more imaginative than that. Serious journalists would look at that schoolboy gibberish and either shudder or fall down laughing at the sheer infantile banality of it.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/long-wait-for-pompey-fans-ahead-of-fa-cup-clash-1-7176960

A few observations here:

1. They won't stop going on about how service is so much better when they're "fan owned" yet this stuff happens a lot it seems.

2. They're tricking their own fans into buying tickets to the Leyton Orient game.

3. Someone obviously had to mention best in the world.

4. That poster. "Nov 08 AC Milan came to town" :lol:

625a798a3cba6585a694cd31bb2294e5.jpg

"Scum were 120 million in debt two years after exiting administration, they're still fifty million in debt now even after the players they sold off the last two seasons."

I just read this on the interweb, so I'm assuming it's true......WTF!!! We are screwed!!

If only I'd known. I'd have made a £1,000 donation.

Meanwhile the #gaptoothiest distinguished themselves:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/crime/angry-scenes-break-out-after-pompey-match-1-7177494

Police closed off Goldsmith Avenue at one point to get control of the situation and officers on horses cornered rowdy fans.

There were also clashes and outbursts at Fratton railway station, according to fans.

One eye-witness said a woman on a moped, riding along Goldsmith Avenue, was knocked off her bike as fans charged across the road.

She was not believed to be hurt.

The eye-witness said he saw fans throwing bottles.

‘It was not very pleasant,’ he said.

‘It’s a shame some fans still behave like that.’

Fans have also taken to Twitter to comment on the rowdiness after the match.

One fan said: ‘Just a few Pompey idiots kicking off at Fratton station supposedly. Got pretty bad apparently too.’

Another person wrote: ‘Been on the bus for about half hour and we’ve moved about 200 feet cause Pompey fans have decided to attack the Oxford lot.’

One fan wrote: ‘Crowd trouble around Fratton station. Neanderthals.’

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/crime/angry-scenes-break-out-after-pompey-match-1-7177494

Police closed off Goldsmith Avenue at one point to get control of the situation and officers on horses cornered rowdy fans.

There were also clashes and outbursts at Fratton railway station, according to fans.

One eye-witness said a woman on a moped, riding along Goldsmith Avenue, was knocked off her bike as fans charged across the road.

The eye-witness said he saw fans throwing bottles.

‘It was not very pleasant,’ he said.

‘It’s a shame some fans still behave like that.’

Fans have also taken to Twitter to comment on the rowdiness after the match.

One fan said: ‘Just a few Pompey idiots kicking off at Fratton station supposedly. Got pretty bad apparently too.’

Another person wrote: ‘Been on the bus for about half hour and we’ve moved about 200 feet cause Pompey fans have decided to attack the Oxford lot.’

One fan wrote: ‘Crowd trouble around Fratton station. Neanderthals.’

Welcome to the 1970's.

Wonder what'll happen if they don't go up.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I'm ****ing embarrassed for them now, surely they can't fail to get promoted out of that league again? It's a league full of minnows, the terminally sh!te and over performing non league sides. If you walk down to your local rec tomorrow morning you will probably be able to watch something not too far of the useless crap they face week in week out.

I'm ****ing embarrassed for them now, surely they can't fail to get promoted out of that league again? It's a league full of minnows, the terminally sh!te and over performing non league sides. If you walk down to your local rec tomorrow morning you will probably be able to watch something not too far of the useless crap they face week in week out.

Ah but remember they'd far rather watch the 'real football' played by clubs at the shallow end of the talent pool than the effete 'skilful' nonsense practiced in, for example, the English Premier League.

#JealousScummer

Hope she's alright....

1199188.jpg?display=1&htype=100002&type=mc3

Does not necessarily mean we will though does it. Do hope Bournemouth beat us though.

Happy with the revenue from the 15k crowd last night plus prize money and no doubt will be a sell out against Bournemouth. I'll take that.

Well, that's understandable. Every penny counts for paupers.

Classy as ever.

Why does Paul Cook sound like Les Dawson in drag?

I previously thought Peter Reid was the ultimate scouse ignoramus, (recall him on MOTD ,completey disheveled, tie undone, picking his nose during an interview) but Cook makes Reid seem University Challenge material.

Cook is the bestest manager they've had for being a knob in interviews since Clotterill.

Long time lurker on this thread but couldn't help but share this brilliant nugget. The bestest can't fathom that Oxford didn't sell out their allocation for their cup final yesterday, which they still won.

Disappointing that Oxford failed to sell the allocation for their big day out!

I remember 79/80 season when our AVERAGE away support in div 4 was more than that. Back then it was a really northern division as well. Our only away games closer than Birmingham were Aldershot, Bournemouth, Wimbledon, Newport, Northampton and Hereford - all of these seemed like local derbies compared with the frequent trips up north. They were the days when everyone paid on the day and 8,000 to 10,000 Pompey would travel to some of those places.

An Oxford fan attempts to speak some sense into them.

You mugs still obsessed with crowd numbers ! So what we didn't sell out there are a few mitigating circumstances but I won't bore you ! It will be a great advert for div 2 football tomorrow I'm sure , enjoy it, cus that's where your at !!!

But his efforts are futile as the deludedest still have the audacity to think a team doing better than them should apologise for not selling out their big day out and standing there in awe of the fattest of pipes.

Imagine it, a tiny little club with no history who only recently got into the league system who are about 65 miles away - Crawley town, who have no fan base managed to bring down 600.

Yet this 'established' league team who have just beaten Swansea and Millwall in cup comps can only manage 2000, when 2600 were on offer for a top of the table clash.

They should apologise to the milton end faithful who could have come down and filled the ground up in their absence.

Small club mentality.

Oh the ironing.

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=617037

Saints Fan Dan's post above confirms some of them are probably still living in a 1979 timewarp:

I remember 79/80 season when our AVERAGE away support in div 4 was more than that. Back then it was a really northern division as well. Our only away games closer than Birmingham were Aldershot, Bournemouth, Wimbledon, Newport, Northampton and Hereford - all of these seemed like local derbies compared with the frequent trips up north. They were the days when everyone paid on the day and 8,000 to 10,000 Pompey would travel to some of those places.

8-10,000 probaby exceeded the actual attendance, and even capacity of some of the grounds he suggests.

Suspect many of their posts regarding this season's awaydays are littered with talk of "taking the home end..."