Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They're also 28th/72 for travelling fans (pure numbers) in the FL, but bless 'em they ARE top of L2 for this, right there with the 21st ranked Championship side (Cardiff), and behind the 7th best away attendance in League One (Preston).

http://www.football-league.co.uk/documents/travelling-fans-highest549-2598181.pdf

Hah. That's what happens when I start a post and then don't finish it.

Don't those numbers look high though? Middlesbrough are taking, on average 6,800 away fans to every match? I'm saying no they aren't. In fact the entire 2014/15 column looks ridiculous. Bristol City taking an army of 5,000 all round the country in league one last season when the likes of Sheffield Weds and us didn't get anywhere near that in our day down there...nah.

This article from a couple of years ago looks more accurate.

http://origin-www.football-league.co.uk/page/AttendanceStats/0,,10794~2405279,00.html

Edited by CB Fry

you little beauty. You just don't know how long I've waited to get the opportunity to drop this seamlessly into the thread.

What do you mean. Fred and friends seem to be doing a grand job

[video=youtube;zS1-aoUNBbE]

1min:30 in

Love the way they misspelt Fred's name on the caption in that clip.

ITV couldn't even spell their own employee's name right, proving that even in 1970 they were a high-class quality channel staffed by people just like their target audience.

Love the way they misspelt Fred's name on the caption in that clip.

ITV couldn't even spell their own employee's name right.

I thought 'wtf is e on about, looks right to me' until I googled him and saw Dinenage. Im sure he never used to be called that, Ive always known him as Dineage. :?

Ann Williams ‏@oldpeoplerock 7m7 minutes ago

Well done #LFC fans. Loads walking out at #pompey too but for different reasons. #rubbishgame

:lol:

Presumably there were boos at the end as well

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/live/daily?1362810

jordan.cross

That's it

8 minutes ago

jordan.cross

Full-time: Pompey 0 Orient 1

8 minutes ago

jordan.cross

Boos on the full-time whistle

8 minutes ago

I had Solent on in the background while I was building some models this afternoon, a few things I picked up:

1) best support ever? The ground was really quiet except for the incessant noise coming from TCWTB

2) one comment I picked up was that the skates need to WIN something like 13 of their remaining matches this season to achieve something - can't member if that's achieve automatic promotion or to stay in the playoff places. If it's to get into the automatic slots then I think it's safe to say that's not going to happen.

Tbh with their current run of form I can see them just missing out on playoffs.....

If Accrington get a point from one of their 2 games in hand then the Skates will drop out of the play-off places !

Mind you, from their own (deluded) perspective, they are equal top, 16 points behind Northampton :mcinnes:

But it's not about points it's about all the home team support the league will give them promotion based on that won't they!!!

Seems the locals are up in arms over cooks behaviour after the game.... The worm, it seems, has turned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a classic tale of hero becoming zero...

But when a manager starts crying about negativity just two questions into an interview, you know he's rattled.

Martin Hopkins sounds like a nipper finding his feet and just trying to keep the managers words flowing rather than having any sort of agenda. Cook doesn't have the brains to see that though and has made himself look like a chump

PFC16 What people have to remember Paul Cook has never managed a club the size of Pompey before and obviously its a tougher job than he ever thought!

Read more: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/cook-no-excuses-pompey-were-second-best-1-7201599#ixzz3zQQ75HdS

The sooner he is replaced with Thierry Henry, with Neil Warnock as Director of Football, the better.

I had Solent on in the background while I was building some models this afternoon, a few things I picked up:

1) best support ever? The ground was really quiet except for the incessant noise coming from TCWTB

2) one comment I picked up was that the skates need to WIN something like 13 of their remaining matches this season to achieve something - can't member if that's achieve automatic promotion or to stay in the playoff places. If it's to get into the automatic slots then I think it's safe to say that's not going to happen.

Tbh with their current run of form I can see them just missing out on playoffs.....

I think the 13 wins was for automatic promotion, seems to be in line with some figures on here a few days ago, before their latest defeat.

Newport will be visiting Fratton again fairly soon, starting to look forward to it again after 6 months of expecting a humping.

In terms of the playoffs, they have two games in hand to catch up the one point behind the team in 6th (who they just lost to at home), and 2 games to reel in the 2 points to the team in 5th (Mansfield), and only one game in hand to overhaul the 2 points to Bristol Rovers in 4th. But then Accrington in 8th have 2 games in hand on them to overhaul only goal difference.

Not that finishing 4th makes any difference as it's still the play-offs, and the team in 3rd are 6 points ahead with a game in hand. And of course you have to win your games in hand as well...

I think the 13 wins was for automatic promotion, seems to be in line with some figures on here a few days ago, before their latest defeat.

Newport will be visiting Fratton again fairly soon, starting to look forward to it again after 6 months of expecting a humping.

In terms of the playoffs, they have two games in hand to catch up the one point behind the team in 6th (who they just lost to at home), and 2 games to reel in the 2 points to the team in 5th (Mansfield), and only one game in hand to overhaul the 2 points to Bristol Rovers in 4th. But then Accrington in 8th have 2 games in hand on them to overhaul only goal difference.

Not that finishing 4th makes any difference as it's still the play-offs, and the team in 3rd are 6 points ahead with a game in hand. And of course you have to win your games in hand as well...

Thanks 9. I can sleep now.

Just out of curiosity as I don't really bother with Portsmouth any more how come there is such a disparity with games played in the league? You have teams having played 25/36 games and some on 30, seems unusual to have such a gap

Good cup runs plus absolute cabbage patch of pitches see far more postponements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity as I don't really bother with Portsmouth any more how come there is such a disparity with games played in the league? You have teams having played 25/36 games and some on 30, seems unusual to have such a gap

Clashes with cup games and many games called off because of weather. Not just Carlise that has had rain.

Just listened to the Cook interview - he has no class.

He complained that the interviewer was only asking negative questions, after a home defeat - and that he did the same at the previous home defeat.

Perhaps he has been spoilt by the club's official PR agency The News and doesn't like the sound of reality.

He is rattled and losing it.

Has one team ever lost so many Cup Finals in one season?

They're only Cup Finals for the lucky clubs who get the chance to play them. Its beneath their dignity really to play against such lowly opposition, so the pluckiest only field weakened teams of junior players from their vast squad, all of whom would willingly pay handsomely for the privilege of being interns in the Barca of English football.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})