New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

i was really hoping we'd have someone in before Saturday so he could take control of the team and give us that ''bounce''....i'm not too comfortable with Dean managing us again. We really cannot afford many more slip ups.

This.

i was really hoping we'd have someone in before Saturday so he could take control of the team and give us that ''bounce''....i'm not too comfortable with Dean managing us again. We really cannot afford many more slip ups.

we will have someone in tomorrow and swindon will get the pointy end of our "new manager" syndrome

Matt showed his colours when he teamed up with pinnacle

As I reported before, I spoke at length to Matt about this when he was at a Footie event in Dubai (Eng v Brazil if you want to check the date).

I did have a bit of knowledge of those days 8) and so spoke about some of the things i knew or had learnt from family in the "City"

Matt was very clear in what he actually stated in that he would support "Anyone" who could save the club. What happened after that is a source of great embarrassment to him and his words were "I'm never going to be made somebody's PR ***** again". Matt made it clear when we spoke and back at the time that IF anyone else had moved to a public bid status he would have supported them as well. Circumstances never let that happen. The fault was not Matt backing Pinnacle per se but the way that they managed to achieve exclusivity without any money when tow other groups were TRYING to pay the deposit. One of which we now clearly know to have been ML & NC.

He was naive and was used AND caused harm to the club. Trust me, he didn't need a bucket full of Malibu & Cokes from us Dubai Saints to get to the point where he said that

The Weekly Round-Up reveals some exclusive news from the club...

So now I have to subscribe to get news from the OS?

oh it's a load of ****

''the weekly round up can exclusively reveal the new gaffer...''

then they spend about 5mins following a guy walking, only showing the bottom half of his body - whilst he goes inside st mary's.

what is he doing? delivering gaffer tape to the security team.

excellent.

The Shearer remark was just a throwaway. In any event how could anybody in their right mind reject Nigel Adkins and then endorse a celebrity with a failed cameo as a manager. Shearer has never done anything unless the word million is involved he isn't going to change. Cortese couldn't be that stupid.

This is a wind up - isn't it?

Are you seriously proposing that someone with MON's past record cannot get us out of League 1 with the squad we have?

Yes I am, and I'm surprised that you class it as a nailed on certainty

NOTHING is guarenteed in Football, that's why it's a "Funny Old Game "

The Shearer remark was just a throwaway. In any event how could anybody in their right mind reject Nigel Adkins and then endorse a celebrity with a failed cameo as a manager. Shearer has never done anything unless the word million is involved he isn't going to change. Cortese couldn't be that stupid.

We Hope

I thought his interview was today?

You just KNOW NC and the crew at SMS have been having as much fun this week as we have. I can see them all now over a celebratory bottle of Chianti Classico with our new Manager Jose Mourinho PMSL'ing themselves at having led the Press such a merry dance...

Can you BELIEVE some of the stuff they wrote on that forum about Adkins of all people.... How funny was THAT, and as for the Echo at 2:30 - Brilliant! That will teach those bstds to mess with The Nico

LOL

WHEN have we EVER had a new manager syndrome? We always get bloody walloped and slink away going hmmm lot of work to be done...

Exactly, yet whenever our next opponents get a new manager they fly out of the traps and destroy us. I still remember Dowie at Coventry away...*shudder*

Why Oh Why is everybody obsessed with having a Big Name Manager

O'Neil, Shearer, Keegan, Zola, Vialli

Could any of those GUARENTEE Promotion ???

NO they couldn't

Would they be a success ??? Again NO Guarentee

Would they be off the minute a Prem Club is available. ABSOLUTELY GUARENTEED

Far Far better to go for someone with actual experience and knowledge of getting a Club out of Division One

All the names above have Managed in the Premiership, TWO levels above US

Dream on if yo like that we are a BIG Club, but at the moment we are NOT

We are a Club with huge potential, still trying to get out of the THIRD level of UK football

Adkins confirmed done deal

That works.

1 more to interview tomorrow

Adkins not yet had a meeting was in Scunny all day & NC was here.

Perfect, just what we need more contradictions. Not doubting your integrity or that of the other 3 who posted counter information, but just what we need to send us onward to the 11:23 deadline

NO they couldn't

Far Far better to go for someone with actual experience and knowledge of getting a Club out of Division One

We are a Club with huge potential, still trying to get out of the THIRD level of UK football

because MoN is the only name spouted about that could get us out of L1, out of the champ and keep us in the prem. According to the OS statement after AP sacking it was about getting the right management to do the above and not chopping and changing manager again.

because MoN is the only name spouted about that could get us out of L1, out of the champ and keep us in the prem. According to the OS statement after AP sacking it was about getting the right management to do the above and not chopping and changing manager again.

Ask MON to GUARENTEE that and see what he says

If you actually get him to Guarentee it, then I'm converted

Saints stopped being more leaky than a sieve just over a year ago for some strange reason.

Since then, the rumours that we used to be able to rely(!) on so confidently remain just that. Rumours.

We might be one of the few clubs where the OS is actually the first place we're likely to hear news.

You just KNOW NC and the crew at SMS have been having as much fun this week as we have. I can see them all now over a celebratory bottle of Chianti Classico with our new Manager Jose Mourinho PMSL'ing themselves at having led the Press such a merry dance...

Can you BELIEVE some of the stuff they wrote on that forum about Adkins of all people.... How funny was THAT, and as for the Echo at 2:30 - Brilliant! That will teach those bstds to mess with The Nico

You're not wrong. The Sky comments about 50 managers, all so clearly, CLEARLY spin. LOOK HOW POPULAR SAINTS ARE cos every member of the tabloid press don't think that same!

We won't have a clue, like many of our transfers or suggested appointment although some rumours which haven't been mentioned much on here I can believe...that's just my misplaced instinct but we can always do a Barcelona Saints and quote incidents a la Poorvliet agent or whoever gobbed off at the airport all that time back!

Yes I am, and I'm surprised that you class it as a nailed on certainty

NOTHING is guarenteed in Football, that's why it's a "Funny Old Game "

I suggest you get on Wiki and review what he achieved for example at Leicester as a reasonable comparative to where SFc currently are.

It defies logic that you pontificate that O'Neill could not achieve promotion but that others with a fraction of his record can.

Oh and please spare me the hackneyed witticisms of byegone years as a feeble attempt to justify your view.

Edited by LostBoys
Left out a comment re the silly Greavsie -ism

NO they couldn't

I see you are still banging on about this and so please do not reply to my last post as I am about to put you on 'ignore'

Adkins by the way for accuracy has achieved two promotions and a relegation as well but I would not want to decry his achievements on the miserable budget and gates he has had to operate under.

I think however - if appointed - he represents a big risk for us.

I'm not disappointed with Adkins when you consider the circumstances. I am disheartened by the fact that our new model in the football club dilutes the influence as Manager has and he is now effectively a first team coach having to deal with several other roles that influence what he can do. It is this that will impact our ability to appoint a good Manager and achieve. I don't believe this model works in English football.