QPR Build Up

Thedelldays

huge game does not describe this

surely a win will put us with a few toes (not quite a foot) in the league next year and make it near on impossible for them and arry to survive

I watched their game on the internet yesterday and they looked quite good against man united so I reckon this will be a tough game

but surely we will be better than what we were against newcastle..we looked rusty

puncheon to come back in for me with fonte....please, I hope shaw is fit

3-1 to saints

other fixtures for teams in the bottom half...

Everton v Reading

Man u v Norwich

Stoke v West Ham

Sunderland v Fulham

Swansea v Newcastle

Wigan v Liverpool

villa v man city

this is a massive MASSIVE chance to win and put some day light between us and the bottom 4......as long as most of the expected results go our way

Edited by Thedelldays

QPR will be so fired up for this one I can't even begin to describe how difficult it will be. They will literally bombard us start to finish. It's win this game for them or they're down. I'd bite your hand off for a draw.

You are joking right?

Need a massive response and I think we should do it at home. If Taraabt has an off day or our defence keeps him quiet they seem very short of goals and ideas. Fonte in for Hooievld I think if fit.

Oh and it's 'arry's first visit to St Mary's since he left to go back to Pompey so, you know... let's make him feel welcome and all that.

You are joking right?

Would love to be mate but on this occasion I'm not. They always say the worst time to play teams down in the bottom is towards the run-in. Think of it from QPR's perspective. It is simply must win for them or they're down. I get Delhurst Park memories when I think of this situation. The more desperate team usually wins. :(

This is Pochettino's big test. His tactics didn't work today and he has decisions to make, players to pick up and motivate. NA's strength was picking the team up after a bad result - rarely two in a row. "Don't get too high when we win, don't get too low when we lose"

Sure Remy will start and will need to be aware of him. Cracking player.

Would start with Puncheon - not sure who should be dropped though. J rod probably.

Boruc; Clyne Fonte Yoshi Shaw; Cork Morgan; Punch Davis Lallana; Lambert.

Possibly pop Gaston in for Davis as well?

We must win this game and definitely must not lose.

You have to give gaston chance to shine in this match.

It's a game in which intestinal fortitude will be crucial because they are fighting for their lives. And so, in truth, are we.

What, exactly, has Ramirez done to suggest that we can rely on him to contribute in that kind of game? Genuine question Roger.

I don't really doubt his talent. It's his balls that worry me.

QPR will be so fired up for this one I can't even begin to describe how difficult it will be. They will literally bombard us start to finish. It's win this game for them or they're down. I'd bite your hand off for a draw.

This is even sillier than your wet dream about Adkins. Difficult, yes, but we should absolutely expect three points.

Not sure about Punch playing then. ;)

:lol: There's a difference between sh*tting himself and sh*tting himself.

To be fair, Ramirez is willing to go into dangerous situations but his head goes down too easily. There's little sign of the kind of "steel" in his game that I think we'll need next week. On the bench yes, starting line up NFW.

A win and 6 points clear of relegation is my prediction.

They cannot defend at all and with an unfit and overrated Samba in defence I hope SRL gives them a nightmare. Swansea smashed them to bits.

4 - 1 win with Lambert x2, Puncheon and JRod.

Also after this provided Reading and Villa lose their tough games they both meet when we play Norwich away so another opportunity to shed some daylight.

Can't wait for ole Arry to return. Lets make it the worst experience of his twitching life.

Boruc

Clyne

Fonte

Yoshida

Shaw

Cork

Schneiderlin

Punch

Davis

Lallana

Lambert

Davis

Jos

Forren

Jwp

Ramirez

J rod

Mayuka

Our vest chance if winning is beating them in the midfield scrap. Ramirez goes missing there and Davis won't. Punch is our most dangerous midfielder and was ur best player up at their place.

No fox or Richardson. If Shaw goes off, either Clyne to lb, cork rb, Davis in and Gaston or j rod on, or f he is comfortable forren straight in, remove the temptation of fox as a straight swap.

Don't fancy jos v Remy, we look good with fonte and yoshida, hope fonte isn't rusty.

This is a big test for MP and the players. The honeymoon is now over and it's time to grind out a result or two. Tactically, MP is a one trick pony in my opinion, but I hope he proves me wrong. Puncheon must play and so must Davis. Ramirez should be left on the subs bench for this one - I don't trust him, he loses possession far too often. This is going to be a very, very difficult game.

This is a big test for MP and the players. The honeymoon is now over and it's time to grind out a result or two. Tactically, MP is a one trick pony in my opinion, but I hope he proves me wrong. Puncheon must play and so must Davis. Ramirez should be left on the subs bench for this one - I don't trust him, he loses possession far too often. This is going to be a very, very difficult game.

I'm inclined to agree, and this is what worries me, plus he has shouted his tactics to the world. Adkins did at least show show could adapt to deal with the strengths of the opposition and expose their weaknesses. Pretty obvious most teams will now look to play the long ball against us to counter the pressing. How will he react?

Edited by Shroppie

It's a must win game, and a game we really should be winning. For some reason, I've seen most of QPR's matches since Redknapp came in, and they really are a terrible side. Absolutely no plan going forward, no goal scorers and they rely on Taraabt way to much. It could be a tough challenge to get through their defense, but there should be some space for our attackers as QPR are in desperate need to win and must attack.

It's a must win game, and a game we really should be winning. For some reason, I've seen most of QPR's matches since Redknapp came in, and they really are a terrible side. Absolutely no plan going forward, no goal scorers and they rely on Taraabt way to much. It could be a tough challenge to get through their defense, but there should be some space for our attackers as QPR are in desperate need to win and must attack.

Do worry about Remy and our high back line though, he's exactly the sort of player who will exploit it.

I'm inclined to agree, and this is what worries me, plus he has shouted his tactics to the world. Adkins did at least show show could adapt to deal with the strengths of the opposition and expose their weaknesses. Pretty obvious most teams will now look to play the long ball against us to counter the pressing. How will he react?

Add me to the list of worriers with the same opinion on this. It is often effective as a tactic employed by teams against the glory teams, where a team without as much skill, but a lot of heart and endeavour will deny the classy play-makers the space to operate and thereby nullify them. Whether it will be effective week in, week out, so that it has become predictable and therefore the better tactitions can counteract it, remains to be seen.

Some on here jumped the gun a bit judging Pochettino as being the superior tactition to Adkins. Adkins sometimes had criticism for his substitutions and for not always playing his best players, but that same opinion has some validty in this match too. I reiterate that Adkins left us in 15th position and if we are lower than that at the end of the season, that will be the yardstick for me as to which of them is the better manager.

Fonte back in for jos, fox replaced by Frazer on bench, forren on bench, gaston for Davis, punch to start for JRod and.....

we will kick ass!

.....................Boruc

Clyne....Fonte....Yoshida...Shaw

................cork...Morgan

Punch...........gaston.......lallana

....................lambert

Davis

Frazer

Forren

Jwp

Davis

JRod