Ched Evans

Batman

Did Tyson go back to boxing when he got out of prison served for rape?

Si. He was fighting within 5 months of his release. Tyson does a one man show talking about his life, one of which was aired on HBO. If you can get your hands on it it's a good watch.

I'm in pedantic mode, sorry if that was meant to be rhetorical.

The PFA are fighting hard to get Evans back to work as a footballer and it was pointed out last night on Talksport that there are lots of out of work footballers just been released from their clubs that the PFA haven't done anything for. Strange why they are pushing for Evans but ignoring the struggling hard working players that haven't raped anyone.

It's an interesting point that. Doesn't look great for them really.

Si. He was fighting within 5 months of his release. Tyson does a one man show talking about his life, one of which was aired on HBO. If you can get your hands on it it's a good watch.

I'm in pedantic mode, sorry if that was meant to be rhetorical.

Someone better arrange a bout between Tyson and Evans then.

The PFA are fighting hard to get Evans back to work as a footballer and it was pointed out last night on Talksport that there are lots of out of work footballers just been released from their clubs that the PFA haven't done anything for. Strange why they are pushing for Evans but ignoring the struggling hard working players that haven't raped anyone.

Union ignores paying members? Should be all over the Daily Mail but Talksport are never wrong, so this must be gospel.

Union ignores paying members? Should be all over the Daily Mail but Talksport are never wrong, so this must be gospel.

The presenter (Danny Kelly I think it was) stated that he was told first hand by disgruntled footballers that the PFA were not helping them find work as much as they were for Evans. Is he lying?

Are you going to answer my earlier questions of you?

Which was what? The role model thing?

I answered that - it doesn't matter if no other industry does it for that reason, I think it should apply to professional league football.

LEts throw this article by Alison Pearson into the discussion. I hope that it is not behind a pay wall;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-health/11330571/Reason-plays-no-part-in-the-Ched-Evans-saga.html

Ah lovely, keep pushing that "how can it be rape if she was drunk narrative". Obviously that's helpful.

How much dedicated to framing false rape claims as rampant, and no mention of how few rape cases are prosecuted.

Cracking article.

The presenter (Danny Kelly I think it was) stated that he was told first hand by disgruntled footballers that the PFA were not helping them find work as much as they were for Evans. Is he lying?

Surely the obvious difference is that Ched Evans has (had?) a club that wanted to sign him, and the PFA were standing behind that club's right to do so. These disgruntled released players have a different problem - that nobody wants them because they're not good enough.

Just done a read of the trial in which the girl was found to have traces of cannabis and cocaine in her blood. Not seen this point mentioned at all and could point to a blot on her character and reliability.

LEts throw this article by Alison Pearson into the discussion. I hope that it is not behind a pay wall;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-health/11330571/Reason-plays-no-part-in-the-Ched-Evans-saga.html

Let me get this right. This person is saying that the victim called the police to report a missing handbag and the police suggested that she might have a case for rape against two well known footballers? Blimey that was a bit of a leap wasnt it? The Plod are getting better. From a missing handbag they immedialety deduced that the person had been raped! I find the article deeply unpleasant. You would think that woman would stick togther over something as fundermental as rape but now - yet again we have a sneering snidey suggestion that because she was drunk what did she expect. At least good old Ched didnt pour boiling water over her or stick her with a knife. Go Ched. No, all he did was walk in, rape her and walk out again. Rape is rape. It has little to do with sex and more to do with power. Evans had already expressed his thoughts of his powe over women by saying he could have any one he wanted in the clubs he goes to. This poor girl was just another that he has used to massage his ego. Men have been doing for it ever and women have been fighting it for ever. You would think someone with enough clout to get a gig on a Broadsheet would realise that as long as people like he write stuff like this, blokes like Evans will think what they did is actually ok.

Nope, this one:

I think other people have addressed this anyway.

Rape (and serious sexual assault) is a clear one for me, and if the authorities find a way of enshrining that thinking into guidelines all clubs in the two leagues sign up to, then great.

You can blather on about speeding tickets if you want, but I am quite happy to deal specifically with sexual violence as I have said numerous times on the thread.

Just done a read of the trial in which the girl was found to have traces of cannabis and cocaine in her blood. Not seen this point mentioned at all and could point to a blot on her character and reliability.

Men have been convicted of rape against prostitutes. Being a hooker didnt seem to work against their "character." It could also help explain why she had no recllection of what happened to her. Having this stuff in your system doesnt make you immune to rape.

Is this the Ched Evans website?

Think so. Just seen a link on facebook using my phone.

I do t know if it is THE ched evens website but there is a bit about on there

Interesting that this very thing is suggest to have happened to the same girl about 6 months before with 2 pro rugby players but it was thrown out of court

Is that true?

Edited by Batman

Ah lovely, keep pushing that "how can it be rape if she was drunk narrative". Obviously that's helpful.

How much dedicated to framing false rape claims as rampant, and no mention of how few rape cases are prosecuted.

Cracking article.

I wish people would stop spreading muck like this :( It makes me feel Doubt & I just want to feel Hatred & Moral Superiority!

the 19-year-old victim did not go to the police to report that she had been raped. She made no complaint whatsoever. She had no memory of being raped. She called the police to report a missing handbag. It was the police who suggested that she might have a case for rape against two well-known footballers

I don't know if it was true but the police and CPS would have been aware of it.

There was a website set up to discredit this girl and make Evas look like a victim.

If it true. She must be a very unlucky girl. Keep getting used like that by two professional sports men at a time

Men have been convicted of rape against prostitutes. Being a hooker didnt seem to work against their "character." It could also help explain why she had no recllection of what happened to her. Having this stuff in your system doesnt make you immune to rape.

Does that mean she could have no recollection of whether she was willing or not.

I see no persuasive reason why this young man should not be able to resume his career in football. It is a important point of principle that once a convicted offender has served his sentence then his debt to society is deemed to have been paid. If he wants to maintain his innocence then that might well have been a matter for the parole board to consider while he was still in prison - but once his sentence has been served he becomes free to think and (within certain limitations) say anything he wants.

More than any of that, this affair is starting to reek of 'Witch Hunt' and I want nothing to do with it.

Which then returns to the arguement that if someone is that out of it how can they possibly be in the right state of mind to give consent.

This is all explained in the court transcript notes I posted a link to several pages ago. It was highlighted that not being able to recall an event (due to alcohol consumption for example) doesn't automatically mean they weren't in a position to give consent at the time (hence one of the reasons why McDonald was found not guilty). Its more to do with the perception and state of mind of of the accused than he accusee. The jury were instructed to decide whether or not Evans would have known whether or not the woman was in a fit state to consent, not whether she was in a fit state to consent per se.

Edited by trousers

If it true. She must be a very unlucky girl. Keep getting used like that by two professional sports men at a time

If is the same website they also claim that she wasnt that drunk because she walked into the hotel ok. Not withstanding that there is plenty of CCTV footage showing she is clearly sh*tfaced.

Which then returns to the arguement that if someone is that out of it how can they possibly be in the right state of mind to give consent.

Seems dangerous precedent that ur not accountable for ur actions when ur hammered. I lost about an hour of memory one time when I was v.drunk, but people told me subsequently the things I was saying and doing in that hour, and they was still the same sort of things I'm normally saying & doing. I reckon ur either conscious or ur not, it's like hypnotism, drink don't actually make ur decisions for you.

Is the point that the police should not tell people if they have been a victim of crime?

In this instance it would have saved this broad from having her life "ruined" :( But I don't spose it would be much of a favour for the next poor girl Ched Evans raped.

In this instance it would have saved this broad from having her life "ruined" :( But I don't spose it would be much of a favour for the next poor girl Ched Evans raped.

Ruined? Being hounded by Evans vile mob? That's her fault is it? If she didn't make the accusation she wouldn't be hounded and harassed constantly? Shoulda just kept her mouth shut.

Nice.

Seems dangerous precedent that ur not accountable for ur actions when ur hammered. I lost about an hour of memory one time when I was v.drunk, but people told me subsequently the things I was saying and doing in that hour, and they was still the same sort of things I'm normally saying & doing. I reckon ur either conscious or ur not, it's like hypnotism, drink don't actually make ur decisions for you.

Drink/drugs do affect people's ability to make rational or considered decisions and often what seems like a good idea when you are smashed isn't really. There is a guy missing in Maidstone at the moment who left a club hammered and was last see on CCTV walking down by the river. No doubt seemed like a good idea at the time but the poor guy probably ended up in the Medway and drowned. Some have argued that if you get into that state you need to take responsibilty for your actions. There is a counter arguement that just because you are in that state, it doesnt mean that people can come along and do what they want to you.

Ruined? Being hounded by Evans vile mob? That's her fault is it? If she didn't make the accusation she wouldn't be hounded and harassed constantly? Shoulda just kept her mouth shut.

Nice.

That's not my point, I feel like she was prob happier before the police alleged rape. Ignorance is bliss, or whatever.

Does Ched really want me to feel sorry for him......

I have not seen the statement but apparently he is now sorry for the grief that the victim has been put through - although he still says he didnt rape her. I think he is more sorry that he can't get a job that will give him access to plenty of willing females ;)

Drink/drugs do affect people's ability to make rational or considered decisions and often what seems like a good idea when you are smashed isn't really. There is a guy missing in Maidstone at the moment who left a club hammered and was last see on CCTV walking down by the river. No doubt seemed like a good idea at the time but the poor guy probably ended up in the Medway and drowned. Some have argued that if you get into that state you need to take responsibilty for your actions. There is a counter arguement that just because you are in that state, it doesnt mean that people can come along and do what they want to you.

Again, sober people.

That's not my point, I feel like she was prob happier before the police alleged rape. Ignorance is bliss, or whatever.

Good point, but you woud think that if two of them had been going at it she must have realised that something had been going on "downstairs" the night before when she finally woke up!