All things Labour Party

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

Fixating on the cards was beyond stupid. The real issue was that the ‘hostile environment’ toward ILLEGAL immigrants

Amended for you.

First mentioned in a Telegraph interview in 2012. May said: “The aim is to create, here in Britain, a really hostile environment for illegal immigrants”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After Corbynista indulgences in Jew-hating (including threats to MPs complaining about threats) and as outsourcers of Putin's propaganda machine, we have the spectacle of Corbyn himself falling flat on his face in front of an open goal over Windrush.

His befuddled failure to respond to May’s statement that the decision to destroy the registration cards was taken under a Labour government in 2009 allowed the most incompetent PM of recent times off the hook.

Fixating on the cards was beyond stupid. The real issue was that the ‘hostile environment’ toward immigrants and their paperwork (TM Theresa May) was ruining lives of British citizens. Corbyn’s rabbit-in-the-headlights act showed he’s incapable of understanding this.

As it was, May left her seat in the chamber with a smirk on her face.

Fortunately, journalists from the hated MSM, like Amelia Gentleman, have done the hard work of exposing this scandal and keeping the pressure on the government in a way that Corbyn simply can’t do.

You care more about attacking Corbyn than you do any of these immigration issues.

Or did you support Corbyn, McDonnell, Lucas and Abbott in 2014?

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.com/2018/04/who-were-18-mps-who-bravely-voted.html

Edited by Jonnyboy
Extras

Amended for you.

First mentioned in a Telegraph interview in 2012. May said: “The aim is to create, here in Britain, a really hostile environment for illegal immigrants”.

Sometimes, even though you're the walking definition of a Berkshire hunt, you accidentally hit the nail on the head. You're right - this government equates immigrants with criminals. Hence the cretinous targeting of the Windrush children - all perfectly legitimate British citizens whose only offence years ago was to fail to apply for a British passport.

Sometimes, even though you're the walking definition of a Berkshire hunt, you accidentally hit the nail on the head. You're right - this government equates ILLEGAL immigrants with criminals. Hence the cretinous targeting of the Windrush children - all perfectly legitimate British citizens whose only offence years ago was to fail to apply for a British passport.

Amended for you again.

Sometimes, even though you're the walking definition of a Berkshire hunt, you accidentally hit the nail on the head. You're right - this government equates immigrants with criminals. Hence the cretinous targeting of the Windrush children - all perfectly legitimate British citizens whose only offence years ago was to fail to apply for a British passport.

Hello? Can you hear me?

• 2 weeks later...
The shadow home sec on labours immigration policy, do people really believe these people are capable of forming a coherent Government?

I'm starting to feel sorry for her, to be fair

The more I see her interviews the more I think there is actually something wrong with her. I think she needs help as she is clearly mentally unstable.

Why the Labour party keep putting her in the shop window, I have no idea. It's like some sort of political freak show....

So yet another election for Corbyn to claim that defeat equals victory.

Labour should be double-digit MILES ahead in the (opinion and electoral) polls now, yet they still can't edge past the worst Tory regime in living memory.

Still, my local council was the one bright spot in London - once a council that swapped overall control regularly, it's now solid, decidedly non-Corbyn (councillors and MP), Labour. The way to go.

Labour gained 40 Councillors, Lib Dems gained about the same, all (overall) from UKIP who lost 90+. The Conservatives right now appear to exist in an electoral vacuum where everything happens around them rather than to them.

Seems like their share of the vote is set in stone no matter what anyone else does, which is probably as a result of their support being largely older people who are less likely to change their voting intentions.

Age%20predictor-01.png

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/04/25/demographics-dividing-britain/

It also shows that UKIP have served their purpose of a protest vote and disappeared, and everyone else is waiting for Brexit to hit before deciding who to vote against.

Decent result for the Tory party . Steptoe doing well enough to continue on the path he’s following, safe at the helm whilst his followers continue to make inroads into the parties top positions. But also doing well enough to frighten off any Tory wanting to topple May, and risk a needless election.

Completely and utterly down to luck, but her complete incompetence and lack of judgement is the best thing that’s happened to the Tory party for years. Had she not called an election or called one and wiped the floor with Corbyn, Labour would have a lot stronger leader, capable of forensically taking her Government apart. The longer this goes on, the more momentum gain a foothold, & the more they ensure another loon is in place post Corbyn. When the times right the ruthless Tory machine will ditch May, and a bright young thing will take on Corbyn & Cable at the next election. 4 years of Anti semitism, Abbott, deselections, moderates jacking, Little Owen Jones, it’s going to be fun.

Decent result for the Tory party . Steptoe doing well enough to continue on the path he’s following, safe at the helm whilst his followers continue to make inroads into the parties top positions. But also doing well enough to frighten off any Tory wanting to topple May, and risk a needless election.

Completely and utterly down to luck, but her complete incompetence and lack of judgement is the best thing that’s happened to the Tory party for years. Had she not called an election or called one and wiped the floor with Corbyn, Labour would have a lot stronger leader, capable of forensically taking her Government apart. The longer this goes on, the more momentum gain a foothold, & the more they ensure another loon is in place post Corbyn. When the times right the ruthless Tory machine will ditch May, and a bright young thing will take on Corbyn & Cable at the next election. 4 years of Anti semitism, Abbott, deselections, moderates jacking, Little Owen Jones, it’s going to be fun.

You're right about the outcome / repercussions - but its only a good result if you think the best thing is to keep a Tory Government, no matter how hopeless matched by a similarly hopeless Labour Party. Personally i'd say that was the worst possible result.

You're right about the outcome / repercussions - but its only a good result if you think the best thing is to keep a Tory Government, no matter how hopeless matched by a similarly hopeless Labour Party. Personally i'd say that was the worst possible result.
What would your preference be out of interest? Personally I'd have like to see Labour have an incredibly poor result which may have made them reconsider the path they have been going down and maybe transform themselves into a party worth voting for again.

There's a few things to take into account with this result. Apathy being one of them. Voter turnout was only 25%. Low turnout always seems to favour the Tories thanks to their core support of mostly retired people who will always vote for them no matter how terrible they get.

It was Labour's best result, and Tories' worst, since 1971. So it's not quite the 'disaster' that some are making it out to be. Local elections don't really offer a true reflection of the national picture though, as there are always local issues that have to be considered which don't necessarily reflect on the national parties. For example, here in Sheffield Labour got clobbered thanks to the incumbent council's utterly disgraceful handling of the removal of the city's street trees under a PFI contract with Amey. They lost a fair few seats due to that, but a lot of the comments I have seen about it indicate that it wouldn't stop people voting for them nationally.

With the collapse in the UKIP vote, you would expect the Conservatives to have benefitted from that much more than they did. So it's still a pretty crap result for them overall.

What would your preference be out of interest? Personally I'd have like to see Labour have an incredibly poor result which may have made them reconsider the path they have been going down and maybe transform themselves into a party worth voting for again.

I'd be happy with that. Surely any result which leads to at least one competent party is better than a result which perpetuates two weak ones.

Read through the berk that is Owen Jones Twitter feed, his followers genuinely believe last night was the first step in Jezza becoming rightful leader of this country.

People’s Momentum is on the March!!!

Read through the berk that is Owen Jones Twitter feed, his followers genuinely believe last night was the first step in Jezza becoming rightful leader of this country.

People’s Momentum is on the March!!!

Not a great fan of Guido but I did enjoy this take down of the utter cretin that is Owen Jones.

https://order-order.com/2018/05/04/humiliation-owen-jones-unseat-tories-vanity-campaign/

Shambles of a performance last night from Labour. They lost control of my city Derby, an industrial middle England, heartland city with a long legacy of Labour support, what with its links to heavy industry, manufacturing and the ex-mining communities up the road. And Corbyn visited during the campaign. And they effing lost it. What a fu cking joke of a party.

Conservative central office must love Corbyn more than Owen Jones does. Electoral gold dust for them.

Edited by CB Fry

Not a great fan of Guido but I did enjoy this take down of the utter cretin that is Owen Jones.

https://order-order.com/2018/05/04/humiliation-owen-jones-unseat-tories-vanity-campaign/

Shambles of a performance last night from Labour. They lost control of my city Derby, an industrial middle England, heartland city with a long legacy of Labour support, what with its links to heavy industry, manufacturing and the ex-mining communities up the road. And Corbyn visited during the campaign. And they effing lost it. What a fu cking joke of a party.

Conservative central office must love Corbyn more than Owen Jones does. Electoral gold dust for them.

One of your local MPs (Williamson) claimed campaigning for these local elections were the easiest ever and people were flocking to Labour in your part of the world. All thanks to Corbyn apparently.

Weird thing to say....

• 2 weeks later...
I'm starting to feel sorry for her, to be fair

The more I see her interviews the more I think there is actually something wrong with her. I think she needs help as she is clearly mentally unstable.

Why the Labour party keep putting her in the shop window, I have no idea. It's like some sort of political freak show....

She was on QT again last night, auditioning for a role in the next Michael Jackson/ Paul McCartney project. Sgt Peppers Thriller band.

She made a right tit of herself again. The highlight of her **** wittery was claiming it’s not right to say that everybody stabbed in London is a drug dealer. Which would have been a good point if somebody had actually said that.

http://

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

• 2 months later...
So yet another election for Corbyn to claim that defeat equals victory.

Labour should be double-digit MILES ahead in the (opinion and electoral) polls now, yet they still can't edge past the worst Tory regime in living memory.

Still, my local council was the one bright spot in London - once a council that swapped overall control regularly, it's now solid, decidedly non-Corbyn (councillors and MP), Labour. The way to go.

Where's the thread on here about how the Tory regime is the worst in living memory? I'd create one but I know you wouldn't post on it.

Where's the thread on here about how the Tory regime is the worst in living memory? I'd create one but I know you wouldn't post on it.
You've not read the Brexit thread then? Verbal is on that quite a lot.

This Tory government is absolutely appalling and Magic Grandad, Red Book McDonnell, Dopey Diane and Stalinist Seamus Milne and the rest can barely lay a glove on them.

Pathetic.

And so it goes on and on.

Even St Jeremy's closest allies are saying his feeble handling of rampant Jew-hating in the Labour party has got to stop.

To use a bit of copy and paste:

Jewish Zionist Sir Gerald Kaufman MP...

“The present Israeli government ruthlessly and cynically exploit the continuing guilt among Gentiles over the slaughter of Jews in the holocaust as justification for their murder of Palestinians.”

According to the IHRA definition Sir Gerald would have been an antisemite.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/free-speech-israel-anti-semitism-university-academics-criticisms-jews-palestinian-rights-a7605306.html

You've not read the Brexit thread then? Verbal is on that quite a lot.

This Tory government is absolutely appalling and Magic Grandad, Red Book McDonnell, Dopey Diane and Stalinist Seamus Milne and the rest can barely lay a glove on them.

Pathetic.

Criticising May and co. for making a mess of Brexit doesn't equate to criticising domestic Tory policies for the last 8 years. But then you wouldn't expect right wing Labour MPs to criticise those austerity and privatisation policies they already fully support.

Criticising May and co. for making a mess of Brexit doesn't equate to criticising domestic Tory policies for the last 8 years. But then you wouldn't expect right wing Labour MPs to criticise those austerity and privatisation policies they already fully support.
LOLZ

How the flying **** has Corbyn not taken advantage of the worst Government we've seen in 40 years?

Genuinely, I'm amazed. We're all worse off because Labour can't put up a decent alternative to the ****show we have now.

What would you have him do differently?

Whilst any anti-semitism should rightly be dealt with properly, which Labour has failed to do in the past, are any of the below really anti-semitic?

Accusing Jewish people of being more loyal to Israel than their home country

Claiming that Israel's existence as a state is a racist endeavour

Requiring higher standards of behaviour from Israel than other nations

Comparing contemporary Israeli policies to those of the Nazis

It appears to me that certain Jewish groups are purposely muddying the waters between criticising Israel and being racist. I am no supporter of Corbyn but there is obviously another agenda at play with all this nonsense.

Jewish Zionist Sir Gerald Kaufman MP...

The present Israeli government ruthlessly and cynically exploit the continuing guilt among Gentiles over the slaughter of Jews in the holocaust as justification for their murder of Palestinians.”

According to the IHRA definition Sir Gerald would have been an antisemite.

No, it isn't. I wonder if, as a rabid Corbynista, you can see why it isn't? I've highlighted a rather large clue. (Pop the word 'Jews' in there instead and Bob's your uncle).

And no, for the same reason which I doubt you can spot, it isn't at odds with the IHRA definition. Which - despite your swivel-eyed fantasies - does not grant the actions of the Israeli state, especially against the Palestinians, any protections from criticism.

I am surprised that people find this 'surprising'. All of his political career has been on the fringes of the political debate. If sharing a platform with a Holocaust survivor who has some strong (and wrong, in my view) opinions of Israel is bad - take a look at who he met with in the 1980's. 3 weeks after IRA tried to blow up the Government in Brighton, he met with Jerry Adams, two convicted IRA volunteers and other members of Sinn Fein AT WESTMINSTER!

Whilst any anti-semitism should rightly be dealt with properly, which Labour has failed to do in the past, are any of the below really anti-semitic?

It appears to me that certain Jewish groups are purposely muddying the waters between criticising Israel and being racist. I am no supporter of Corbyn but there is obviously another agenda at play with all this nonsense.

If I accused black English people of being more loyal to Africa than England

If I claimed the existence of Zimbabwe was a racist endeavour.

If I required a higher standard of behaviour from Kenya than Canada.

Would you consider me a racist?

I’m not going to go through your whole list because it would make for a post that would be even more tediously long than this already is…

But as for the first one on your list, it genuinely astonishes me that you appear to think that might not be anti-Semitic.

That accusation, in only a slightly modified way, was at the heart of Hitler’s loathing of the Jews after the first world war. Israel didn’t exist then, but loyalty to their ‘own kind’ to the exclusion of good and true, ethnically pure Germans was at the heart of a paranoiac rage that led all the way to the gas chambers.

In its more literal sense, the ‘greater loyalty to Israel’ accusation is the core of anti-Semitism on the Left. This is rooted in Stalinism but has become generalised among the Left, especially in the bad-faith form of ‘there’s a difference between being anti-Zionist and anti-Semitic’.

Throughout his rule, Stalin had shown plenty of evidence of wild paranoia directed at Jews and in particular Jewish rivals (such as Trotsky) for leadership. But after the formation of Israel, his Jew-thing went into overdrive. He was the first to coin the term ‘anti-Zionist’, and he used it to describe Jews he hated. He did this to level the accusation at them that they had a greater loyalty to Israel than to the USSR. They were enemies of the people and, and anyone labelled a ‘Zionist’ was inevitably destroyed. The result was a pogrom in the early 1950s that wiped out thousands of Russian Jews – all ‘Zionists’, so all traitors to the cause, deserving of death.

Ironically, this idea of divided loyalties as a code for Jew-hatred morphed over to other parts of the radical left, including Troskyists, and it exists today, in its most virulent form, on the Corbynist left. This is why you can have a Corbynista like the proudly ‘anti-Zionist’ Damien Enticott calling for the execution of all Jews, and Corbynistas like our friend fanboy call it merely ‘minging’ (you’ll never hear him – or many other Corbynistas – concede examples of anti-Semitism, because they hug their comfort blanket of ‘it’s all smears’ as if there were no tomorrow).

That’s history, this is politics: if you’re forced into saying that your argument is anti-Zionist not anti-Semitic, then it’s not just that you don’t see the problem. You are the problem.

‘Zionism’ is so broad an ideology that only a very tiny number of the world’s Jewish population would accept the label of anti-Zionist. To be anti-Zionist is to be against the idea – the very idea – of a Jewish homeland. And it’s not just Jews who’s be covered by the ‘Zionist’ label. Anyone – including Fatah – who advances the idea of the two-state solution is acknowledging that right to exist, and is therefore in the strictest sense ‘Zionist’.

So when someone says they are ‘anti-Zionist’ they are ‘anti’ practically all Jews, and millions of others besides. Which is why there’s often a close affinity between saying one is ‘anti-Zionist’ and actually being ‘anti-Semitic’.

Now you might say: who cares? The reality is that a solution to the Palestinian question cannot be accomplished without support from large numbers of Israelis, and many others. So why demonise them – especially as many in Israel are thoroughly opposed to the actions of their government. You surely want to enlist their support, not push them away with coded Jew-hating rhetoric.

Does this mean you can’t criticise Israel? This is the claim of the most dim-witted of Corbynistas. But it’s complete bullsh it. You can, for example, do exactly as Gerald Kaufman did, in the quote that fanboy wanted to show was somehow anti-Semitic. It’s not, because it attacks the Israeli government, and not some amorphous, widely held belief in a right to exist.

But Corbynistas can’t help themselves. They always want to insist on inserting the terms ‘Zionist’ or ‘anti-Zionist’ into every insult they launch at the Israeli state. They do this because it makes themselves feel good. But in doing it, they move a settlement for the Palestinians that little bit further away.

Actual, effective critics of the Netanyahu regime call it that; they don’t drape anti-Jewish code-phrases around it. It’s perfectly possible, and justified, to criticise Netanyahu’s gang for the terrible atrocities it’s committed, and for the overtly racist recent changes to citizenship, which in a single act has constitutionally redefined a fifth of Israel’s population as second-class citizens.

But no, Corbynistas will continue to believe the self-regarding conspiracy theory that the whole anti-Semitism charge is a total fake – a ‘smear’ to stop St Jeremy ascending to the throne. Even when some of their number are caught out calling for the extermination of Jews! (Remember: ‘minging’, not actually anti-Semitic.)

That they co-opt the plight of the Palestinians into this narcissistic argument says everything you need to know about a corrupted and brain-dead politics.

Ringo, I bet you were a big fan of the Tebbit test.

See, no one can come up with any better policies.
Absolutely. It's unthinkable that any politician alive or dead could do a better job than Jeremy Corbyn is doing right now as Labour leader and Leader of the Opposition. He's simply stunning.

What would you have him do differently?
well he could give a definitive version of his policy on Brexit. He isn't really setting out his full position.

He hardly campaigned in the Referendum, it was shameful really as his supporters will reap the pain more than a lot of others in society.

well he could give a definitive version of his policy on Brexit. He isn't really setting out his full position.

He hardly campaigned in the Referendum, it was shameful really as his supporters will reap the pain more than a lot of others in society.

What middle class students and hippies? I don't think they'll be feeling much pain.

I would say you were talking nonsense. Obviously could be considered racist but it depends on context. For example there are some British people of foreign descent who fell more loyal to other countries because of their race or religion. No reason why some Jewish people shouldn’t feel some loyalty to Israel, I used to work with a Jewish guy who said he would happily go out there and fight for their cause if he had to, he saw it as his duty. He was a great guy.