New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

Also, We can't forget about our very long term deal with Under Armour, I cant see them accepting an unkown.

I dont believe for a second they will have no say on the matter given the commitment and investment they have put in.

COYR

I wouldn't have thought our technical supplier will have any input on any football matters.

I get that people would like a manager for 5 years, even for 3. Some stability would be very welcome.

But is this even remotely realistic? What's the average tenure of a football manager these days? A season? Less?

Who was the last Saints manager to serve 3+ years? Chris Nicholl?

I wouldn't have thought our technical supplier will have any input on any football matters.

Main sponsors and suppliers have more say than you think, might not be the deciding vote, but definitely a lean/nudge here and there.

Think we will end up with Moyes.

I don't think we will. Saints are a progressive club and Moyes isn't really a progressive Manager.

Pochettino, Koeman, Moyes just looks ridiculous. Moyes (like Pellegrini) would have been a decent choice to take on the situation we had when Pochettino left to steady the ship but not now IMO (especially given his last two jobs).

Watford switched off in the league focusing on the FA cup.

Because they are deluded and thought they should have done much better. I'm sure I read somewhere that Watford had also told him at Christmas that he had no future at the club after this season.

And he's guaranteed to improve.

:lol:

bravo.

Has the ex Watford manager Flores been mentioned as a Saints manager contender, thought he did a good job last season at Watford and I liked the way he went about things. Didn't deserve to get the push IMO.

Don't be ridiculous. Why would anyone from Under Armour even

Of course they'll discuss it, if you were a main partner of SFC and had seen all the reports this weekend wouldnt you??

Your not that nieve to think the business side of a premier league club just stick to business are you?

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that nxt/abp/garmin/veho/UA or Carlsberg are picking our next manager! If Calrlsberg did though........

Has the ex Watford manager Flores been mentioned as a Saints manager contender, thought he did a good job last season at Watford and I liked the way he went about things. Didn't deserve to get the push IMO.

Id take him . Similar to Koemans record , some high points and some so so seasons . Would Koeman have done better at Watford ? Seems to fit our model .

Rudi Garcia. Took Lille up from 7th to Ligue 1 Champions. Took Roma from 6th to 2nd two years running. Champions league football with both clubs. Gave 9 Roma academy players their debut in his 2.5 years at the club. Never lost at Roma after leading at halftime; 46 wins 5 draws 0 losses. Unemployed. Seems to tick a lot of boxes.

Rudi Garcia. Took Lille up from 7th to Ligue 1 Champions. Took Roma from 6th to 2nd two years running. Champions league football with both clubs. Gave 9 Roma academy players their debut in his 2.5 years at the club. Never lost at Roma after leading at halftime; 46 wins 5 draws 0 losses. Unemployed. Seems to tick a lot of boxes.

Don't know anything about him, but his stats at Roma are OK.

P118: W61 (51.69%) D34 L23

Seems he had a bad run of one win in 10 (like we did!!) and got the chop from Roma.

Id take him . Similar to Koemans record , some high points and some so so seasons . Would Koeman have done better at Watford ? Seems to fit our model .

Don't know but I was quite amused to see Troy Deeney actual got more league goals and assists than Mane last season.

Honest question ....have there been any official statements by either Saints or Everton with regard to to RK

No. Just Koeman's new agent and some Media articles in the telegraph and echo that are pretty clearly being briefed by saints. Don't expect anything official from the clubs until everything is sorted and signed.

The fact Guan has listed our short list of new managers, I think shows it's done, I wouldn't be surprised in the hold up in the announcement, is that Saints want as much time as possible to get the new manager announcement as soon as possible after we announce Koemans left, to limit media scrutiny.

The fact Guan has listed our short list of new managers, I think shows it's done, I wouldn't be surprised in the hold up in the announcement, is that Saints want as much time as possible to get the new manager announcement as soon as possible after we announce Koemans left, to limit media scrutiny.

will be at least a week I would have thought.

IF we have those 4 on the list, we would have to interview them..or even get permission to in some cases

will be at least a week I would have thought.

IF we have those 4 on the list, we would have to interview them..or even get permission to in some cases

Unless there was a list of 4 to disguise the list of one that was previously mentioned #conspiracytheory

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I hope not Howe. He might be a good emerging talent but we need a manager that knows his way around european football (for our long and impressive europa cup run) and one that lesser known, promising young players from the far reaches of the euro leagues will want to come and play for....Howe isn't that.

Certainly not Moyes either, anyway his football is hardly the southampton way so i'd be surprised if he is on the real shortlist.

On reflection feeling quite relaxed about RK going.....especially after the sh1t we had to watch up to last xmas.

I don't particularly want Howe. Moyes is cast iron solidity but pretty much guarantees us three consecutive 10th place finishes before we all implode with collective arse-aching boredom.

Basically AVB or FDB or I top myself.

We need a manager with a three initial name FFS.

I don't particularly want Howe. Moyes is cast iron solidity but pretty much guarantees us three consecutive 10th place finishes before we all implode with collective arse-aching boredom.

LvG? :scared:

QSF?

AVB would be ideal.. If you like 70% possession and dour football

A record points haul at Spurs won trophies in Portugal and Russia and Europa league experience missed Champs League at Spurs by one point yet people are touting Howe .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk