Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Harry to Pompey !

The world is SAVED . Halelujah!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31117098

Alleged statement from dear 'Arry

"It's no coincidence at all that QPR didn't bring anyone in before the transfer deadline, oh no guv f'sure 100% me dodgy knee just came on last night didn't it!? Don't talk to me about whether the knee would have lasted a bit longer with a few brown envelopes to insulate it cos I ain't a farkin' wheeler dealer dodgy geezer oh no not me. Scuse me guv before I go could you just help me with this phone, I've got to text my dog about a banking transaction but poor honest knock kneed 'Arry doesn't know how to use it."

quote from comments section -

Completely agree that this young man acted like an idiot, and has disgraced our Club

Let me tell you mate, he could have been caught pleasuring himself with an ugly male goat in a packed children's play area while both parties were dressed in full pompey kits, including socks, with him singing Gary Glitter hits out of tune, and he still wouldn't be able to disgrace the club more than the criminality and antics of the last decade - much of which you and your plucky chums have applauded, and still celebrate.

HMS Disgrace sailed long ago and was lost with all hands before making it to the Round Tower.

that made I laugh

Completely agree that this young man acted like an idiot, and has disgraced our Club

Let me tell you mate, he could have been caught pleasuring himself with an ugly male goat in a packed children's play area while both parties were dressed in full pompey kits, including socks, with him singing Gary Glitter hits out of tune, and he still wouldn't be able to disgrace the club more than the criminality and antics of the last decade - much of which you and your plucky chums have applauded, and still celebrate.

HMS Disgrace sailed long ago and was lost with all hands before making it to the Round Tower.

Poetically put as ever...:toppa:

Alleged statement from dear 'Arry

"It's no coincidence at all that QPR didn't bring anyone in before the transfer deadline, oh no guv f'sure 100% me dodgy knee just came on last night didn't it!? Don't talk to me about whether the knee would have lasted a bit longer with a few brown envelopes to insulate it cos I ain't a farkin' wheeler dealer dodgy geezer oh no not me. Scuse me guv before I go could you just help me with this phone, I've got to text my dog about a banking transaction but poor honest knock kneed 'Arry doesn't know how to use it."

:lol:

:( most distressing

Let's all laugh at Pompey,

Lets all laugh at Pompey,

La La La La,

La La La La,

They're still stuck in League 2,

They're still stuck in League 2,

La La La La,

La La La La,

But soon its Vanarama,

Soon its Vanarama,

Ha Ha Ha Ha,

HA HA HA HA

Did you enjoy your tin cup,

Did you enjoy your tin cup,

NA NA NA NA

NA NA NA NA

ETC ETC ETC

Penny Mordaunt currently on BBC Daily Politics show saying how much the government have been cracking down on corporate tax avoidance and evasion. Just waiting for her to cite Pompey as a recent example....

mordauntdailypolitics.jpg

Edited by trousers

Ex-Skate loanee Miles Storey (stepover monkey in green boots who was guff against Newport at Fratton) has pitched up at Newport. It seems some of their ex-rubbish takes longer than others to improve... one stepover and a booking in his 20 minutes last weekend.

Oh, and that "controversial" defeat at Newport for the Skates? The one with the "not interfering" offside goal? Another camera angle pitched up a couple of weeks ago showing that the "not-interfering" player who was not given offside for the goal in their 1-0 defeat wasn't even offside when the ball was played. So not controversial then.

Plus Newport have shipped 7 goals and lost both matches since - probably should have realised the wheels were coming off when they only snuck past Portsmouth...

Another deluded one:

Archie Medes

7:33 PM on 03/02/2015

Just one further point that I've made several times before but feel duty-bound to restate whenever it comes up.....it wasn't Harry's fault, and it wasn't Peter Storrie's fault that we fell into that financial black hole. It wasn't even Sacha Gaydamak. It was the banks.

I don't see why the banks should get off the hook every time this issue is raised. They called in all our loans overnight when the world markets went into meltdown in 2008. They panicked and thought only of their own greedy bonuses and reneged on agreements.

Much as we like to assign such catastrophes to a personality, as usual the real culprits get off Scott-free because they are faceless and anonymous and that's the way they like it. Nothing makes them happier than to see us blame others because that means they can do it again and again.

Yes, our CE probably negotiated contracts that were untenable. Yes, we were torn apart by the separate political and financial agendas of subsequent owners but make no mistake the root cause of our crash was the banks.

:mcinnes:

Another deluded one:

Archie Medes

Just one further point that I've made several times before but feel duty-bound to restate whenever it comes up.....it wasn't Harry's fault, and it wasn't Peter Storrie's fault that we fell into that financial black hole. It wasn't even Sacha Gaydamak. It was the banks.

I don't see why the banks should get off the hook every time this issue is raised. They called in all our loans overnight when the world markets went into meltdown in 2008. They panicked and thought only of their own greedy bonuses and reneged on agreements.

Much as we like to assign such catastrophes to a personality, as usual the real culprits get off Scott-free because they are faceless and anonymous and that's the way they like it. Nothing makes them happier than to see us blame others because that means they can do it again and again.

Yes, our CE probably negotiated contracts that were untenable. Yes, we were torn apart by the separate political and financial agendas of subsequent owners but make no mistake the root cause of our crash was the banks.

I wonder if that chap thinks the same about Saints' downfall? It was, after all, a bank that bounced a £4,000 cheque that sent SLH into administration...

Oh yes, the Stockport day, can it really only be three administrations ago, it seems like only yesterday.

The mighty fortress will once again echo to the plucky sound of......hang on, didn't we decide that pompey players were getting frightened by the pressure of home crowds?

Isn't the support just too plucky and passionate?

Aren't they just trying to create yet another cup final atmosphere that will be too big for themselves, for the ref and the rest of world sport? :scared:

Or is it just another little game to decide who gets to play Eastleigh next season?

The latter.

Which explains why 5,000 people attend each sell out home game dressed as blue seats.

That plucky plastic plaque should be adjusted in order to reflect the magnitude of their most local 'atmosphere' ie unwashed armpits and the fetid outputs of all those fishy squeaky sphincters

Maybe they can add a 'boo' button underneath it, so the pluckiest can all have a go pushing the booiest button every time they lose.

Now that Saggy has limped away from his latest failure, it got me thinking about QPR. It's possible that under Twitchy and their p****yeque-level of FFP cheating, they could end up saving the DCFSBs. Bear with me as I try to explain. It has been suggested that if QPR get relegated, due to FFP violations the football league won't take them, and they'll go straight down to the football conference, do not pass GO, do not collect £200. If this were to happen, then the Championship would probably have one fewer relegated team for that season, to keep the numbers the same. Ditto L1 by the cascade effect, and (you can now see where I'm coming from) ditto L2.

So if QPR go down, don't laugh too much because their Skate-like behaviour may end up saving the DCFSBs. They've dodged so many bullets so far, it wouldn't surprise me. It'll also convince me that they really have made a pact with the devil. :evil:

I think, in reality it just means that when QPR go down this time they won't actually get any parachute payments.

That in itself would be a very powerful message to send out to anybody looking to buy their way into the Premier League at any price, regardless of the rules. It's a tough time to be Leeds, or Forest. You have to get yourself back up through talent, both on the pitch and off it.

I think, in reality it just means that when QPR go down this time they won't actually get any parachute payments.

That in itself would be a very powerful message to send out to anybody looking to buy their way into the Premier League at any price, regardless of the rules. It's a tough time to be Leeds, or Forest. You have to get yourself back up through talent, both on the pitch and off it.

I'm not sure the Football League are in a position to block their parachute payments. They come directly from the Premier League, and they've already said they won't assist the Football League in collecting any fines they hand out.

I wasn't actually suggesting that the PL would actually hand the money straight to the FL, but your suggestion might be an interesting prospect, hypothetically.

Would fines levied by the Football League fall into the category of Football Creditors? If so don't the FL & PL defend the FCR on the basis that it's in their rules and they are just following them? Would creating a new interpretation that they give themselves discretion to stipulate that only some football creditors need to be paid in full, and others not, now create a different situation from the one that has so far succeeded in Court?

Dangerous road for them to follow IMO.

I wasn't actually suggesting that the PL would actually hand the money straight to the FL, but your suggestion might be an interesting prospect, hypothetically.

Would fines levied by the Football League fall into the category of Football Creditors? If so don't the FL & PL defend the FCR on the basis that it's in their rules and they are just following them? Would creating a new interpretation that they give themselves discretion to stipulate that only some football creditors need to be paid in full, and others not, now create a different situation from the one that has so far succeeded in Court?

Dangerous road for them to follow IMO.

An interesting one...let's say QPR do get relegated, the FL say no pay, no golden share hence no place in Championship, L1, L2 and these are football creditor recognised payments then QPR appeal...would make for a very interesting summer and make lawyers a fortune. Great brinkmanship scenario that would revereberate beyond PL/FL jurisdiction in the restriction of trade argument! Might be cheap to pay the 40 million on that basis but they must be craaaapping themselves :-).

OK guys, I'm back from holiday and with about 16 days worth to read. I've checked the League table and my, it's getting tight down there, but apart from that could somebody post a management summary of events in the last fortnight? Just the highlights, like Saints on match of the day.. :)

OK guys, I'm back from holiday and with about 16 days worth to read. I've checked the League table and my, it's getting tight down there, but apart from that could somebody post a management summary of events in the last fortnight? Just the highlights, like Saints on match of the day.. :)

Well, they still haven't won a match..............

Andy Awford was called into the boardroom

He was told that the next game was a must win or he would be on his way out

They pluckiest got a draw away to league leaders Portsmouth

The phew see this as a good sign and Awford was kept on

A plaque was unveiled outside Nottarf Krap saying the bestest are the bestest

The deluded phew are still deluded

Another deluded one:

Archie Medes

:lol:

Surely that is one of us. Even they can't be that f***ing deluded

wholaughingnow.jpg

Andy Awford was called into the boardroom

He was told that the next game was a must win or he would be on his way out

They pluckiest got a draw away to league leaders Portsmouth

The phew see this as a good sign and Awford was kept on

A plaque was unveiled outside Nottarf Krap saying the bestest are the bestest

The deluded phew are still deluded

Oh and the accounts are finally to be presented on 13th Feb.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk

Saggy Chops has been invited to join a consortium aimed at buying a south coast club.....

"- the group has been looking at League Two side Plymouth and Conference outfit Torquay United among others."

which places the bestestest most local club 'among others' - that is, if they've been considered by Twitchy at all :D

"- the group has been looking at League Two side Plymouth and Conference outfit Torquay United among others."

which places the bestestest most local club 'among others' - that is, if they've been considered by Twitchy at all :D

Exactly, that is about their level lets be honest. Keep going as they are and they'll be in the conference soon enough. Plymouth are about their size, similar stadium, similar sized fanbase, far better city and location. All that said and done, saggy will want to go back to his spiritual home ofc

Exactly, that is about their level lets be honest. Keep going as they are and they'll be in the conference soon enough. Plymouth are about their size, similar stadium, similar sized fanbase, far better city and location. All that said and done, saggy will want to go back to his spiritual home ofc
Mandarics ego will be pulling him to FP.

IF there is a way the biggest and bestest fan owned club would jump into their arms and sell, Im sure of that. If i was one of the major shareholders, I would be looking that way already.

looking at Torquay and Plymouth - wow, the big hitters are in town!

Is the old twitching wheeler dealer really still in the game?....with his knee?....and his criminal dog?.......I would imagine he was too upset when his derelict building burned down and he found that the planning committee members weren't born yesterday.

I reckon it's all over for Harry down east.

The only third coming pompey will see is if little Avram has a very long afternoon to kill on an industrial estate.

One highlight that you missed Sue was that they signed a 'Premier League striker' who hadn't actually played in the Premier League, he got sent off in his first match and attacked the referee resulting in a 7 match ban !