Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

PMSL. Good to see the fans of the "family club" showing their class over the plight of their neighbours. You're such a bunch of girly hypocrites. No doubt Nick Nack will be trying to justify his glee at Pompey's situation by saying we laughed at you going into admin when anyone on here knows that most Pompey supporters were pretty supportive of you. Even me, unbelievably

Don't know why Clapham and Nick Nack are so interested in what I'd say. I've said from the start of the season that we'd be relegated due to that clown Fahim's actions in the summer so it's not exactly news, is it. As for whether winning the cup was worth it, it bears no relation really. We're in this situation because Gaydamak didn't pay back loans.

If you want to know what I feel, my worry is that the club will cease to exist and will be liquidated so the ****s now in charge can develop the land. But before you laugh too loudly, just think, Liebherr's undoubtedly bought you as an investment to punt on for a profit at some point. You've got no say in who buys you and someone could come in and do the same to you as they've done to PFC.

Happy new year girls and if we stay in business maybe we'll spank you 4 - 1 again next year in the chumpionship.

1) We are in this situation because we are totally debt free - not even borrowing for our new training facility (with terracing if you need a ground?)

2) You do realise that, due to his huge wealth, Liebherr has spent, in comparitive terms, what a "normal" person might on a motorbike. People do that for fun, and then spend money looking after it - he doesn't need us as an investment - we are small fry financially to him.

they are being completely outplayed by Arsenal who are playing some nice stuff

"PFC are shocked and disappointed in the BBCs post match review saying that Arsenal had won. As far as the club were aware, Portsmouth had won 5-0 and been given an extra 20 points for being so bloody well awesome.

The legal team have advised them to sue the general public, as they pay the license fee."

"PFC are shocked and disappointed in the BBCs post match review saying that Arsenal had won. As far as the club were aware, Portsmouth had won 5-0 and been given an extra 20 points for being so bloody well awesome.

The legal team have advised them to sue the general public, as they pay the license fee."

Nice one1

Well, new billionaire owner, premiership ground and training facilities, good youth academy, great pedigree of manager, future is safe, massive fan base, 22k turned up for a friendly and no fat drug addicks looking to take more money out of an already financially f*cked club.

So ok, hope you enjoyed your brief stint in the prem mind, glass houses and all that.

Ok, line by line:

"new billionaire owner" who appears to be spending er, not much. No point having a billionaire if he's only bought you as an 'investment'.

"premiership ground and training facilities". You can't call it a premiership ground- you're not IN the premiership. In fact your so called Premiership ground is the very reason you're no longer in the premiership. It's a white elephant.

"good youth academy" Yep, give you that one. All that class that was unleashed onto the Championship last season really showed just how good your 'famed' academy really is.

"great pedigree of manager" Ok, starting to get more desperate now. A great pedigree of manager who has been bombed out of the last three clubs he was managing.

"future is safe" How do you know that? The Cranemeister could have his families finest rolling down towards St Mary's now to knock it down! No-one knows if there club is "safe", whoever they support.

"massive fan base, 22k turned up for a friendly" What massive fanbase? Of that 22k, 8k were freebies: "Many of the tickets "sold" were given out as freebies either with ST's or to schools." That brings it down to 14k. 14k at what, £10-15 a ticket, for a game against Ajax. Not quite Man U numbers are they?

"no fat drug addicks looking to take more money out of an already financially f*cked club." Yeah, like you've been through our books and know it all....

"So ok, hope you enjoyed your brief stint in the prem mind, glass houses and all that." Don't worry, we'll be in the top flight for a long, long time yet...

Christ this post was a while ago.

Big LOL at our fishy friends however, how is PFC123 ??? Not seen him in a while ??

As the highly respected Robert Burns would have said reading these gloats of those who never learn.

"O would some Power the gift to give us

To see ourselves as others see us!

It would frae many a blunder free us"

When will we ever learn, when will we ever learn?

even when they're facing the prospect of the taxman closing the business, we still get lies and garbage as an official response.

It's insulting to their dwindling fanbase who at least need someone to admit that the room is indeed full of elephants.

The running of Portsmouth FC has been criminal and in weaker moments I feel that maybe sympathy should be in order....but I shrug it off quite comfortably when reminded of the arrogant abuse directed west and the hilarity of the world cup harbour stadium and Maradona fiascos.

We are living through a golden era - 104 pages and counting.

If Pompey go out of business and this thread ends, I'll miss the thread.

even when they're facing the prospect of the taxman closing the business, we still get lies and garbage as an official response.

It's insulting to their dwindling fanbase who at least need someone to admit that the room is indeed full of elephants.

The running of Portsmouth FC has been criminal and in weaker moments I feel that maybe sympathy should be in order....but I shrug it off quite comfortably when reminded of the arrogant abuse directed west and the hilarity of the world cup harbour stadium and Maradona fiascos.

We are living through a golden era - 104 pages and counting.

If Pompey go out of business and this thread ends, I'll miss the thread.

It is indeed amusing that the various gun runners and mythical sheiks who have been involved with Pompey say they are "surprised and shocked" at the HMRC winding up order.

Obviously all they have to do is pay the bills and we will agree with them.

Edited by TopGun
typo

PMSL. Good to see the fans of the "family club" so only ' hooligan clubs' hate their rivals ??

showing their class over the plight of their neighbours . You're such a bunch of girly hypocrites.

No doubt Nick Nack will be trying to justify his glee at Pompey's situation by saying we laughed at you going into admin when anyone on here knows that most Pompey supporters were pretty supportive of you. Of course you / they were..hyocrite...sorry, girly hypocrite.

Even me, unbelievably .

Don't know why Clapham and Nick Nack are so interested in what I'd say. I've said from the start of the season that we'd be relegated Doesn't make it less funny for us

due to that clown Fahim's actions in the summer so it's not exactly news, is it. As for whether winning the cup was worth it, it bears no relation really. We're in this situation because Gaydamak didn't pay back loans.

Says the fan of a club ( for now) who owes him 30 mil :D

If you want to know what I feel, my worry is that the club will cease to exist

lets hope

and will be liquidated so the ****s now in charge can develop the land. But before you laugh too loudly, just think, Liebherr's undoubtedly bought you as an investment to punt on for a profit at some point.

you would like to believe, but extremely improbable seeing as he seems perfectly willing to spend his persnal cash on us, revamp of training ground for one, unlucky :D

You've got no say in who buys you and someone could come in and do the same to you as they've done to PFC.

Happy new year girls and if we stay in business maybe we'll spank you 4 - 1 again next year in the chumpionship.you rate us to go up then ?

p.s. i see you ignored the attendance debate ...

Apart from it being a very timorous interviewer, the radio piece attached to this article after today's game demonstrates that Avram Grant has no idea about what is going on at Pompey board level.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8429047.stm

Gotta feel for the guy really - he has a right bag of bollux to sort out. That said - I can't for the life of me see why he took the job in the first place, surely he could see that it was a 'uckin' mess of a club.

Perhaps when he was asked to go back to the Blue side he thought he was on his way back to Chelski...!

I know that you should take anything on the rumour site with a pinch of salt but it still made interesting reading...

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/

Scroll down to 'I work at the FA...'

I'm going to call bull on the rumour.

The penalty for administration is -9 in the Premier League, not -10 if the guy at the FA was in the know, he would know that.

A ten point deduction for not paying players - well, it's already happened and no points deduction, there's nothing in the rulebook about it and the FA can't make up a rule like that on the spot, PFC would sue them and win.

It's not the FA who would appoint administrators, it would be PFC themselves or the courts.

PFC would be allowed to start a season in the Championship as a club in administration, look at Stockport for an example.

Nope, it's a nice thought but I don't buy it.

There's much more yet to come out on this. PFC is seemingly owned by a Saudi and chaired by an Emirati, yet powerful positions in the club are occupied by Israelis, including Grant and that convicted fraudster overseeing their finances.

In Middle Eastern business, Israelis and wealthy Arab nations have all kinds of contacts and dealings. But they are NEVER made public. In Saudi Arabia in particular, 'unacceptable' doesn't even begin to describe it.

My own guess is that Gaydamak knows perfectly well who the beneficial owner is. And it isn't Faraj. More likely - and it IS just a guess - the people in charge of the club are fronting for Gaydamak or his fugitive father. I'm sure there are other possible explanations, but the Israeli/Arab happy families game going on at the club just don't make any kind of sense otherwise.

At least that's consistent with what's happening: good, old-fashioned, cloak-and-dagger asset stripping, being conducted by a family enterprise with whom criminal law and the recession has caught up.

Edited by Verbal

I do have to side with Gaydamak. He financed this FA Cup victory which seems to have caused all the problems, and when he realised that his pockets were not deep enough, he sold it to someone that he thought might be able to take things forward. Storrie criticised him for not selling to his preferred backer, which in hindsight seems that Gaydamak was more on the ball than the rest. Having said that, the Arab that he sold to seems to be equally useless.

But that is not the point. He sold his business as a going concern (?!) and it seems that he has not been paid for it, and it seems chances are that he won't be either. Reading between the lines, I presume that he has looked to get reassurances that he will be repaid, but no one is answering the telephone. Now if that was me, I would be mighty p***ed off about that and would look to recover anything that I could. I am not sure that many businessmen would be happy to write off £28m to some, what might appear to be, nefarious "characters".

As the city of Portsmouth will have no Football team, who will you look to 'develop' a rivalry with? Obviously it has to be a realistic rivalry, ie not Spurs, or Palace or any other club that already has an existing historic rival? I guess there are other large clubs without meaningful rivalries, but none spring to mind? Maybe Bournemouth, they don't like Saints much either?

Hopefully with the chance of a fresh start it'll be a good natured rivalry as by the time I'd reached my early 20's the Viscious and spiteful nature of the current Saints/Pompey rivalry had begun to leave a nasty taste in my mouth.

Edited by PES

My guess is that the Arabs and Gaydamak are all in it together, Gaydamak tried to sell it but knew no one would be interested so is just using these guys as a front so he can asset strip what he can.

I can't think of another reason why two potless Arabs would end up in this situation.

Whichever way you look at it, it does nothing to promote those that run the Premier League. They now have a member that is fast becoming a universal embarassment in the sporting arena yet whose (real) owners are happy to remain anonymous. They lurch from crisis to crisis, have winding up orders served by the nations tax collectors and fail to pay their staff.

What does the governing body (FAPL) do - nothing.

The only action that I have seen published from the PL is that they are 'following procedings closely' - WTF, they don't even know who owns the club. If this is indicative of how to run a professional sporting body then any set of clowns could do it.

Perhaps I answered my own question there.