Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

'Your father passed his assets of Beitar Jerusalem to Chainrai who had Daniel Azougy run the finances.

Can you then tell me how you have never come across him and how out of a world population of nearly 7 billion, we seem to have the same 4 names appearing between Portsmouth and Beitar which should in no way be connected because as you say you had no idea who Al Faraj was?'

That should be investigated by journos. To me it seems very underhand

I can't explain my hatred for them, I've had it for so long. The amount of hatred aimed our way when we were in admin and the amount of stick I've received has only re-enforced my hate for them.

Hi, Dr. Strangepork here, i am ze mind-physician from ze University of Utrecht yah? :rolleyes:

Ya this a verr interesting case -please to lie on ze couch Mr Red&White 91, although I suspect zat zis is not your real name eh?

You are, at your own admission, 18 and have hated 'ze skates' for 'so long' time that you have forgotten where zis started. Zis is worrying as short-term memory loss is usual only in ze older generations after much beer drinking and smoking naughty plants, ze scientific data shows.

So where was zis hatred born I am wondering? Was it absorbed subconsciously from your friends or have you suffered a deep and traumatizing 'skateattack' which you have blanked from your conscious being, but alas, has left you mentally broken and full of ze 'skatehate' as we scientists do call zis phenomenon.

Your therapy is to book a holiday in Portsmouth for 1 month and spend every day approaching ze blue-shirted local inhabitants and giving them a big, long hug and ze mwah, mwah on ze cheeks.

Only then can you find ze inner peace and love for all things fishy.

You may leave now,

Zat will be £5000 please.

Everyone seems to be forgetting the minutes silence impeccably observed at SMS for Aaron Flahaven.

That's different because both him and his brother started at Saints, and many of Aaron's best friends still played for the club at the time of his death.

That's different because both him and his brother started at Saints, and many of Aaron's best friends still played for the club at the time of his death.

and you reckon everyone knew this..?

ffs, I remember going to SMS when we played burnley and wade elliot got a right booing...despite being s massive saints fan from southampton and it was his dream playing at the home of the saints

Hi, Dr. Strangepork here, i am ze mind-physician from ze University of Utrecht yah? :rolleyes:

Ya this a verr interesting case -please to lie on ze couch Mr Red&White 91, although I suspect zat zis is not your real name eh?

You are, at your own admission, 18 and have hated 'ze skates' for 'so long' time that you have forgotten where zis started. Zis is worrying as short-term memory loss is usual only in ze older generations after much beer drinking and smoking naughty plants, ze scientific data shows.

So where was zis hatred born I am wondering? Was it absorbed subconsciously from your friends or have you suffered a deep and traumatizing 'skateattack' which you have blanked from your conscious being, but alas, has left you mentally broken and full of ze 'skatehate' as we scientists do call zis phenomenon.

Your therapy is to book a holiday in Portsmouth for 1 month and spend every day approaching ze blue-shirted local inhabitants and giving them a big, long hug and ze mwah, mwah on ze cheeks.

Only then can you find ze inner peace and love for all things fishy.

You may leave now,

Zat will be £5000 please.

Dr Nick Riviera surely??

Q&A on how the winding-up order affects Pompey

Note the final question:

Why would Portsmouth face a nine-point deduction if they go into administration rather than ten points, like Southampton?

Football League clubs play 46 league games. Premier League clubs play 38, so the deduction is reduced pro-rata. And that’s about the only piece of good news.

Oh do come on!! It`s been nearly 45mins since the last post on this thread. Something else funny MUST have happened at FP??!!

Well there's the Daily Heil with a re-hash of the Lens Dindane stuff:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1239660/More-Pompey-misery-Lens-set-demand-return-loan-striker-Aruna-Dindane.html

And a great photo on Al Jazeera, which should help to discourage any other investment from the Middle East... (but again it's old news) http://english.aljazeera.net/sport/2009/12/20091231122240400879.html

Well there's the Daily Heil with a re-hash of the Lens Dindane stuff:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1239660/More-Pompey-misery-Lens-set-demand-return-loan-striker-Aruna-Dindane.html

And a great photo on Al Jazeera, which should help to discourage any other investment from the Middle East... (but again it's old news) http://english.aljazeera.net/sport/2009/12/20091231122240400879.html

What's even more likely to discourage Arab investment is the Pompey logo that they've emblazoned across the article. The badge is the Star of Richard the Lionheart in ascendancy over the Islamic Crescent - a celebration of a victory over the Saracens. It always amuses me to see the rather bizarre Fahim grinning oafishly underneath a Pompey baseball cap with that logo.

I don't blame any Saints fan who is amused by the goings on at Fratton park, I also totally get why any Saints fan would like to see this as the beginning of a downward spiral that quickly establishes Saints as the highest placed team again. I don't get the OTT vitriol and the wishing of extinction on your rivals, it makes no sense to me? Sure I know a few Pompey fans who hold extreme views regarding all things Saints, fans who gloated at your predicament and wished for the end of SFC. I must say these Pompey fans don't tend to be the kind of people I generally associate with as they tend to be really, really thick. I don't say this to be in any way provocative, it's just an observation. It's quite a leveller for me to see so many Saints fans mirroring the desires of their intellectual equivalents on the Blue side. I genuinely always made the generalisation (I know I shouldn't) Saints fans as a collective, had a slightly higher intelligence level, yet again it would seem i've got it wrong. :(

Pes I personaly hope you do survive. I regularly drink in a pub in Salisbury frequented by quite a few Skates and in fairness they were not gloating at all through all the chaos last summer. as genuine footy fans we should all be worried at where the games going (well maybe not us as were minted!) Id just be happy playing and beating you twice a season! I do of course look forward to your relegation but won't be gloating myself. What comes round goes around etc

Another thing that amazes me is that the PL let them get away with a raft of signings at the end of Sept when they were clearly already in the financial carp & not repaying moneys due for earlier signings. If they get away with this the other relegation dogfighters who are living within their means (ie Burnley, Wigan, Wolves) would have a strong case against the PL for their failure to act. I think their deafening silence is down to the hope (& reasonable likelihood) that the Skates will get relegated anyway & be the FL's problem, not theirs. (And incidentally, they seem to take a far harder line on financial mismanagement than the PL ever have)

Portsmouth FC are in serious trouble...

I work at the FA and on the agenda for next Monday morning is a joint meeting with FA and Premier League Officials at Wembley Stadium in order to discuss their immediate future.

The finances at Portsmouth are shrouded in mystery, to say the least, and various personnel from the club including CEO Peter Storrie, Sueliman al–Fahim (not currently at the club, but his role in the financial affairs is to be looked at) and Ali al–Faraj.

Auditors from Deloitte Touche are being called in by the FA to go through Portsmouth's finances 'with a fine tooth–comb' and charges (including jail terms) could be given if they cannot account for where the money has gone (if it was ever invested in the first place!)

Should the club go into administration, which is very likely, the club will be deducted 20 points – 10 for actually going into administration and a further 10 for their financial problems to date (such as twice not paying players on time).

KPMG would then be employed as administrators in the hope of finding a buyer. One has to be found and all debts cleared before they can start the 2010–11 season (most likely, in the Championship).

If a buyer is found, and pays off the debts or agrees to a refinancing deal (which would involve selling all/part of the land at Fratton Park) then the club will be given permission to play in the Championship. If not, Fratton Park will be sold to the Council for a small fee (as it would be categorised as a 'going concern') and Portsmouth would have to restart from the Conference, ground–sharing with Havant & Waterlooville. However, they could only do so if Chester went completely bust and applied to join the FAW (Football Association of Wales) and were given permission to play in the Principality Welsh Premiership, groundsharing with Airbus (as they would not be allowed to use The Deva Stadium).

Fingers crossed!

Highly sceptical based on this sentence alone. Not even Lord Mahwindbag has this power

Yeah they have to be paid by 4pm or the banks can't do it until tuesday or something.

What ****es me off is that if it was a non prem club doing that they would of had the book thrown at them. I know it is Portsmouth and were rivals etc.. but regardless of that the Premier League have been disgraceful with their handling of it. It sends out a clear message that you can do pretty much whatever you want and your not get done for it. If they fail to pay the staff that is three times in what the last 3-4 months? They have had three different owners this season, they have sold something like £80m worth of players, had different managers and a transfer embargo and so on and so on.

I thought the whole point of these rules were to stop stuff like that from happening? They need to bring things to a head or it will never get sorted.

Yeah they have to be paid by 4pm or the banks can't do it until tuesday or something.

What ****es me off is that if it was a non prem club doing that they would of had the book thrown at them. I know it is Portsmouth and were rivals etc.. but regardless of that the Premier League have been disgraceful with their handling of it. It sends out a clear message that you can do pretty much whatever you want and your not get done for it. If they fail to pay the staff that is three times in what the last 3-4 months? They have had three different owners this season, they have sold something like £80m worth of players, had different managers and a transfer embargo and so on and so on.

I thought the whole point of these rules were to stop stuff like that from happening? They need to bring things to a head or it will never get sorted.

dont forget Richards the main man at the PL introduced the first arab to Storrie. I doubt he is without blame and he would not want that to be pointed out

I just can't believe they havent paid the players or at least the ones they want to sell.

If this is true, then this is more serious than the winding up order. Forget whether the players can walk out for free, this would mean an automtaic 9 point deduction and then they are relegated without question.

If they think it's hard to raise money now, they won't have a hope without thier premier league status (Infact it's almost impossible whilst they have it)

The idea of them ceasing to exist, is becoming a very real possibility.