Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Sorry if I've missed something but I was sure that part of the PST bid was the loan from PCC. That loan was only secured with the promise of it being paid back from the PP. If that's now been used for settling with the ex-players is the loan no longer an option?

http://portus-eg.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/pompey-near-end.html?

I was advised by a kindly Southampton fan (yep, they do exist) a few weeks back to peruse a thread about Pompey on a fansite called Saintsweb.

Out of morbid curiosity I did so. The thread is called Pompey Takeover Saga. It takes obsession to a whole new level, like boiling elephants in a swimming pool instead of rabbits in a saucepan.

Unbelievable. Its approaching 1500 pages and a hundred thousand posts spanning three years and its all about the goings on at their deadly rivals - Us. I lost the will to live after ten pages and haven’t bothered since.

Why would you want to post constantly for three years about another club? Is there not enough happening at their own club to be getting on with?

They are probably still at it as I type, beavering away feverishly on their keyboards, no doubt chewing up the latest Portpin refusal at the last fence and whether its four faults and a time penalty or not.

Sorry, even the mention of Southampton makes me think of horses. It’s no coincidence that the Horse and Hounds is the top dating mag in the SO postcode area.

They might want to consider instead the possibility that SFC’s parent company DMWSL 613 Ltd is probably going to dissolve in October.

They might want to consider what their don chairman Nicola Cortese will do then with the club.

Having been an employee of Swiss-based Mali International AG since last October, will he make the club a stand-alone entity in its own right?

Or will SFC become just be a bit part player in the Mali corporation, existing only as a convenient tax break?

Or will SFC just be there as an ATM for Mali to sub a few quid from the Sky payouts?

Who knows, it might all be a wind-up and I have got you right at it? But there again……

I don't know why skates cannot understand that it is possible to be very interested in your own club but also be interested in the car crash down the road. Having this thread does not mean we totally ignore our own club, it's just that both are very interesting for different reasons.

I don't know why skates cannot understand that it is possible to be very interested in your own club but also be interested in the car crash down the road. Having this thread does not mean we totally ignore our own club, it's just that both are very interesting for different reasons.

This indeed.

Now there is no getting away from the fact that being a Saints fan adds a massive dose of schadenfreude to the mix, but that's all part of rivalry isn't it - laughing at the misfortunes of your rivals.

However, putting rivalry aside, at the end of the day, I find it fascinating on all sorts of levels - the intricacies of the FL and PL's rules (and indeed UEFA at one point). The interplay with the legal system(s). The tricks and stunts of insolvency practitioners. The precarious nature of football finance. The ever-more creative loopholes that PFC2010 keep finding. The chain and interconnection of their various owners. The public breakdown that MA appears to be having. It's just a massive, unbelievable, chaotic, shambolic mess. It's great viewing!

This indeed.

Now there is no getting away from the fact that being a Saints fan adds a massive dose of schadenfreude to the mix, but that's all part of rivalry isn't it - laughing at the misfortunes of your rivals.

However, putting rivalry aside, at the end of the day, I find it fascinating on all sorts of levels - the intricacies of the FL and PL's rules (and indeed UEFA at one point). The interplay with the legal system(s). The tricks and stunts of insolvency practitioners. The precarious nature of football finance. The ever-more creative loopholes that PFC2010 keep finding. The chain and interconnection of their various owners. The public breakdown that MA appears to be having. It's just a massive, unbelievable, chaotic, shambolic mess. It's great viewing!

This! And this is why I feel I should get a doctorate for reading all this.

Surely one concern for the PST is if things drag Birchy fees just keep on building up (what is it, £300k/month?) meaning the PST will need to find more mugs to tip in.

On that I wonder how many pledges & £100 deposits have been made by Saints fans with the intention to pull out.

And just to waste my last post of the day...

The funniest thing I think at the moment, is the total lack of clarity from the few about what they actually want. Literally everyone is the enemy, and they just don't seem to see the massive internal contradictions they keep creating. Neil Allen seems to be the funniest character of all.

2 weeks ago, the players were going to kill the club for not doing with Birch + Chainrai wanted.

Then last week it was Birch's fault for not doing what Chainrai wanted

Now this week it's Chainrai's fault for not doing what Birch wants, or possibly what the PST want.

Wait! Now Chainrai has pulled out. But we're not sure if that is good or bad, because whilst we hate him despite having saved the club from liquidation once or twice in the past, he's also the only realistic chance to escape liquidation again, while the PST play with their "business plan".

And it's back to being Birch's fault because he didn't agree decent compromise agreements with the players. So it's probably going to be the ex-players' fault again next week after all.

And not to mention the various others that they have flailed wildly at... the FA/PL/FL... the government and the council...

So much fun.

Caption competition

fred-dinenage%20(15).jpg

First tonight, plans for the giant Fred Dineage shaped floating stadium complex have been put on hold with the news of Portpin's withdrawal of their Portsmouth bid, meanwhile Tesco have issued a statement confirming their interest in the underwater monkey chicken petting zoo should liquidation occur.

Caption competition

fred-dinenage%20%2815%29.jpg

"The green screen behind me will be replaced by a photo of the only meaningful stadium in Hampshire tomorrow. I'm sorry.....I was wrong.....My life is over.......Here's Bill with the weather."

Edited by SaintBobby

And what is lost on our blogging chum is that his car crash of a club has limped on for three years and has had fans of its bitterest rivals, quite rightly, commenting about it...

Three years... If that pompous ***** had stopped to think about it, he'd have felt a massive sense of shame that his club has been laughed at for three whole effing years....

Obsessed? It's the longest running online comedy I can remember. Viva la Pompey takeover thread!

Alright....who gets the rosette for winding them up on here....

http://www.facebook.com/groups/407893649268563/

?

[h=6]Here is why the Trust bid to buy the club will probably, sadly fail:

1. The Trust is hoping to raise about £3m in pledges. This is wildly, wildly optimistic. Many of the £100 pledges offered in haste will now be repented at leisure. Today's publicity may get some more sign-ups, but raising even as much as £1m would be a triumph. It will also take a long time to get the money in.

2. The council's possible loan of c. £1.5m has a series of conditions which the Trust can't realistically meet.

3. There is no reason to believe that Chanrai will accept the offer of £2.75m for Fratton Park anyway. Fratton Park can be sold for less than Chanrai's c.£18m charge, but only if Birch liquidates the club.

4. The compensation for the players is reckoned to be about £8m. The Trust suggests re-negotiating and offering the players £2m on a "take it or leave it" basis. The players would be well advised to "leave it". The argument that their chocie is between what the trust offers and gettign zero is fallacious. If the club is liquidated, the Parachute Payments revert to the Premier League and the players could reasonably expect to receive compensation from the Premier League and/or from he PFA. If the choice is really between the Trust offer and zero, why don't the Trust just offer £0.01 rather than £2m?

5. The Trust need to find £800K to service the CVA. This is not money they currently have or are likely to find it easy to get quickly.

6. The Trust's initial business plan assumed about 50% of the remaining parachute payments (about £6m) would be available to new owners. In reality, it seems the amount available is close to zero.

The Trust deserves support - but we need to be clear that chances of success are very low indeed.

[/h]

And so it begins. A twitter group in Brazil eh? I thought we owned football in Brazil?

Phil, sadist or serious? LOL!

Well....

It fits nicely between two stalls...

We want the rotten cheating carcass of a club to take it's punishment

We want the joy of seeing scars on TCWTB where laser surgery has removed his til I die tattoos, or the holes in the back of their caravans where their bumper stickers are ripped off in anger

We don't want corpy to just fade away with a hole in his soul, we want him to suffer every day

BUT and this is the thing, our Kids & Grandkids - should they not have "a rival"? Would they understand the legacy we have left them if there was only Havant & Waterlooville down the road?

In the cold light of day, IMHO, this karma will not last another 20 weeks let alone 20 years. How much more fun it would be to have a Pheonix Club that we can at last at least respect as a clean rival.

In fact, just imagine how much MORE pain it would inflict on the phew - they stand at Moneyfields in the rain shouting scummmas while we applaud and support them and help them and wish them well in their endeavours.

Would that be the final agony/irony?

They raise a Pheonix Club knowing we helped them raise the funds to do it...

We could even give them a mascot

dr_evil.jpg

Well....

We want the joy of seeing scars on TCWTB where laser surgery has removed his til I die tattoos, or the holes in the back of their caravans where their bumper stickers are ripped off in anger

We don't want corpy to just fade away with a hole in his soul, we want him to suffer every day

BUT and this is the thing, our Kids & Grandkids - should they not have "a rival"? Would they understand the legacy we have left them if there was only Havant & Waterlooville down the road?

In the cold light of day, IMHO, this karma will not last another 20 weeks let alone 20 years. How much more fun it would be to have a Pheonix Club that we can at last at least respect as a clean rival.

In fact, just imagine how much MORE pain it would inflict on the phew - they stand at Moneyfields in the rain shouting scummmas while we applaud and support them and help them and wish them well in their endeavours.

dr_evil.jpg

I think I love you.

Well....

dr_evil.jpg

Omg... That is probably the best post EVER on this message board...

Well....

dr_evil.jpg

Well said! You beautiful nut job, you...

The last time the FL met and discussed P****y they surprised us with the -10 and other stringent conditions on future trading. So, they meet today with this subject high on the agenda again. Will they surprise us again? Will they reject the PST business plan and decide to resolve the issue once and for all and kick them out of the league? Will they re-emphasise their conditions which the PST are hoping will be dropped or softened? Who knows but I can hardly wait - another epic day may lie ahead of us.

Well....

dr_evil.jpg

Phil is thta a photo of you at the bottom.

They are getting a right clogging on Talk Sport now. "There is no way out, they are going to be the first club for 20+ years to go bang, the trust dont have the money", some Journo-didn't catch his name.

Wished I heard that. That makes him Sherlock Holmes compared to some of the journos covering this.

I think for me the sheer joy of them going pop will be because they just don't have much of a fanbase who care very much.

And when they go pop it will be because they have to admit that.

That moment will be immaculately sweet.

He also said that it was unbelievable that Lawerence was earning £25,000 a week, he said "They'll deny it down there but that's what I heard". Was going on about the AC Milan game as well, something about Tony Adams saying how great it was that Kanu finished the game, the bloke said "who would have thought they'd still be paying him millions 3 years later ?"

Alan Brazil always has a journo on at 7am and it was in that slot.