Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Hang on, they're charging an extra £20 for people who pay by debit card?? :uhoh: :lol:

Pity that level of charge is illegal nowadays, as you can see here. I think someone should report them, preferably after they've had the money in their account for a while. What a tinpot, amateur bunch....

Consumer Minister Jo Swinson said:

The practice of excessive payment surcharges has been ripping off consumers for far too long. They are fed up of thinking they will be paying a certain price for goods only to find out towards the end of the process that the final price is much higher.

I am delighted that the ban will stop retailers from cashing in by charging add-on fees that simply do not reflect the real cost of processing the payment. Consumers will be less likely to get nasty surprises as they will have a clearer and more transparent breakdown of what they are paying for.

Richard Lloyd, Which? Executive Director, said:

Over 50,000 people supported our campaign to end rip off surcharges so we’re pleased the government is implementing this ban.

For it to be effective there must be a tough enforcement regime and companies must play fair and not pass costs on to customers in other ways. We will be monitoring the ban closely and want people to tell us about surcharges they think are excessive.

Micro businesses and business start-ups will be exempt from the regulations until June 2014, when the directive comes into force. This will allow them more time to prepare for the ban.

Although...I guess they could now be a micro-business...:lol:

To be honest, that's a better return than I got on my Southampton shares, although my investment was a little less..

At least they were real shares, and you did actually own part of the club...

Looks like the clear out has started.

@solentsport: #Pompey have released 9 players including, Ashley Harris, Jake Jervis, Yassin Moutaouakil, Marcos Painter, Thery Racon and PhilSmith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moutaoukil looked pretty decent on the 1 game i saw him play but the cameras were there and I suppose he upped his game, and I thought Harris was touted as going to be a star!!

Jack Whatmough - contract to Summer 2016

Johannes Ertl - contract to Summer 2016

Andy Barcham - contract to Summer 2016

Ricky Holmes - contract to Summer 2015

Danny East - contract to Summer 2015

Joe Devera - contract to Summer 2015

Sonny Bradley - contract to Summer 2015

David Connelly - contract to Summer 2015

John Sullivan - contract to Summer 2015

Romain Padovani - contract to Summer 2015

Dan Butler - contract to Summer 2015

Tom Craddock - contract to Summer 2015

Simon Ferry - contract to Summer 2015

Wes Fogden - contract to Summer 2015

Ryan Taylor - contract to Summer 2015

Patrick Agyemang - contract to Summer 2015

Ben Chorley - contract to Summer 2015

Marcos Painter - out of contract summer 2014

Nicky Shorey - out of contract summer 2014

Therry Racon - out of contract summer 2014

Jake Jervis - out of contract summer 2014

Jed Wallace - out of contract summer 2014

Ryan Bird - out of contract summer 2014

Ashley Harris - out of contract summer 2014

Jack Maloney - out of contract summer 2014

Adam Webster - out of contract summer 2014

Philips Smith - out of contract summer 2014

Yassin Moutaouakil - out of contract summer 2014

Bondz N'Gala - out of contract summer 2014

Trevor Carson on loan until end of season

Michael Drennan on loan until end of season

Toumani Diagouraga on loan until end of season

Daniel Alfei on loan until end of season

Pity that level of charge is illegal nowadays, as you can see here. I think someone should report them, preferably after they've had the money in their account for a while. What a tinpot, amateur bunch....

It's also illegal here in the California. But gas (petrol) stations have a cunning way around it, and maybe the Cheats are following suit. Instead of charging more for credit/debit versus cash, they charge the "regular" price if you pay with credit/debit, and give you a "discount" if you pay by cash.

In other words, instead of paying more if paying by credit/debit, you are paying less if paying by cash. And yes, this is really true....

“No retailer…may impose a surcharge on a cardholder who elects to use a credit card in lieu of payment by cash, check or similar means…”

Statute: Cal. Civ. Code § 1748.1(a) (West)

Discounts for Cash Payments are allowed in California

“A retailer may, however, offer discounts for the purpose of inducing payment by cash, check or other means not involving the use of a credit card, provided that the discount is offered to all prospective buyers.”

Statute: Cal. Civ. Code § 1748.1(a) (West)

Statutes cover:Credit Cards only

Statute: (Cal. Civ. Code § 1747.02(a) (West) (defining “credit card”))

:mcinnes:

Moutaoukil looked pretty decent on the 1 game i saw him play but the cameras were there and I suppose he upped his game, and I thought Harris was touted as going to be a star!!
oh on second thoughts it may have been Diagouraga who looked decent!!!!

yeah, but you didn't win the league when Bruce Forsyth was at preschool....mutter, mutter....dock strike....jealous scummahs....mutter...bitter nutjobs....don't own your own ground....gonna lose all your players.....we own our club....we don't want to be in the Premier League, no really, it's rubbish......Nazi tank driver.....etc

and so the 'largest fan owned club in the history of the world' is now majortity owned by a handful of people:

http://www.chichester.co.uk/sport/pompey-latest/presidents-doing-it-for-love-not-profit-1-6060083

I wonder how long it will take for the media to catch up?

Rather a lot of contradictions in one article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the plucky ownership fantasy is no more, a month earlier into the summer cashflow crisis than predicted. :(

Wake up few and smell the fat - it was always just a donation, but through the vague use of language and the odd fib it was spun to milk the partially-packed lardy fortress faithful.

Saints are fan-owned, Chelsea are fan-owned, Newcastle are fan-owned - even Cardiff City are fan-owned, I saw him wearing the shirt.

And down the road the Trust has less than 50% invested and three votes on a seven man board.

The property developers have control.

It's not owned by the fan's Trust but it IS fan owned.....

LOL

Suppose you could say the same about us.

Katherina owns the club and, as she was frequently at games sporting a red and white scarf, she could be described as a fan.

Suppose you could say the same about us.

Katherina owns the club and, as she was frequently at games sporting a red and white scarf, she could be described as a fan.

So, by Pompey logic, we are now a larger fan owned club than them? Pass over the crown blue few :lol:

Yeah, they might now be owned by a bunch of random investors with an eye for a property scheme, but next time they're bankrupt and standing in Court with a winding up petition from HMRC in their hands, they can't bring in new investors without the fan's approval.

So there.

and so the 'largest fan owned club in the history of the world' is now majortity owned by a handful of people:

http://www.chichester.co.uk/sport/pompey-latest/presidents-doing-it-for-love-not-profit-1-6060083

I wonder how long it will take for the media to catch up?

LOL

Well that didnt take long! Spend all the clubs money on stupid mercenry contracts instead of the obvious and urgent maintainence that is required, conveniently forcing the HNWs to increase their investment.

How much was their initial investment? £50K? So, imagine they end up £250K in with the skates. No problem, cause when they have flattened fatpipes and sent pompey off to moneyfields that investment will be worth 10x that.

It was all so simple, no wonder Chinny smelt a rat in the PDT.

#factless propaganda push 2015 - the magical 26%

:mcinnes:

So considering the definition of "fan-owned" clubs now seems to stretch rather further than what we assumed the benchmark to be, i.e. a controlling majority stake owned by the fans, which club by their own definition is now the biggest fan-owned club in the country?

Do Swansea count? The supporters trust there owns 20% and has a seat on the board. Of course, with 20% they don't actually have enough to block anything the other 80% want to do, so perhaps it's not them.

Crystal Palace are owned by a consortium of four men, each with a 25% stake: Steve Parish is definitely a Palace fan, as is Martin Long. There's nothing I can find that suggests that either Stephen Browett or Jeremy Hosking are Palace fans, though, so that's only 50% fan ownership.

Norwich fans Delia Smith and her husband Michael Wynn-Jones are both Norwich fans, and have 53% of the shares in the club, so perhaps they are the biggest fan-owned club?

Newly-promoted Burnley have their three largest shareholders (72% in total) on the board and are all lifelong supporters of the club.

Then in the Championship playoff positions, there is Brighton and Hove Albion, wholly owned by Tony Bloom, a lifelong fan who has invested at least £100m of his own money into the club.

Take your pick from any of those, but it sure as hell isn't Pompey...

So considering the definition of "fan-owned" clubs now seems to stretch rather further than what we assumed the benchmark to be, i.e. a controlling majority stake owned by the fans, which club by their own definition is now the biggest fan-owned club in the country?

Do Swansea count? The supporters trust there owns 20% and has a seat on the board. Of course, with 20% they don't actually have enough to block anything the other 80% want to do, so perhaps it's not them.

Crystal Palace are owned by a consortium of four men, each with a 25% stake: Steve Parish is definitely a Palace fan, as is Martin Long. There's nothing I can find that suggests that either Stephen Browett or Jeremy Hosking are Palace fans, though, so that's only 50% fan ownership.

Norwich fans Delia Smith and her husband Michael Wynn-Jones are both Norwich fans, and have 53% of the shares in the club, so perhaps they are the biggest fan-owned club?

Newly-promoted Burnley have their three largest shareholders (72% in total) on the board and are all lifelong supporters of the club.

Then in the Championship playoff positions, there is Brighton and Hove Albion, wholly owned by Tony Bloom, a lifelong fan who has invested at least £100m of his own money into the club.

Take your pick from any of those, but it sure as hell isn't Pompey...

How are the few reacting to this wonderful news? Anyone with a po login care to share a few choice responses? :D

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})