Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

To be fair to everybody posting here, as I see it it's the News and their resident halfwit Allen that is creating the deliberate muddling of causes. It's him that calls it a charity event, not the bike riders. Good cause? Partly, yes. Charity event? Not really, no.

You sad f**k. Check out their ride website, all the details are there.

Everyone connected to the skates knows about the ride and a 50:50 split, when the split was & for what reason but a bunch of increasingly bitter no marks think it's some sort of conspiracy.

We mock the crap that the skates write on their messageboards but this thread is turning into a stream of small minded, bitter rants; the same sort that you condemn them for.

yep I'm sure it has been done for the best intentions but when they rattle their tins on the way to Bury I doubt the main selling technique will be it is to fund PFC , the majority of neutral money will be due to the young lad, and a cause (Naiomi House) that. I regularly contribute to.

To be fair to everybody posting here, as I see it it's the News and their resident halfwit Allen that is creating the deliberate muddling of causes. It's him that calls it a charity event, not the bike riders. Good cause? Partly, yes. Charity event? Not really, no.

this

Oh for the love of god. No funds are being "diverted", it's clearly an event to aid the club with that clear as day, up front. And you do realise giving to any cause is an entirely voluntary act, don't you?

At absolute worst you can say these people are misguided, and the freaks on this thread can ha - ha- ha-aint- Pompey-funny all day long. Fill yer boots.

But spare us the sanctimonious "ethics and morals" routine. Comparing it to Liverpool stealing from a Hillsborough fund? Seriously, get over yourself.

The real CB Fry was offered the throne of Albania. There is no way that this poster of the same name would be offered such an honour after this appalling lack of decorum !! How dare he come onto this thread populated by deluded nutjobs who worship daily at the shrine of Rallyboy and calmly attack our messiah . It is not the normal targets of CB Fry's wrath such as MLG suggesting that SMS should be enlarged or some poor soul that thinks that we should have fielded a weakened team in the FA cup but Rallyboy who we are talking about!! Insulting Rallyboy on here is like farting in St Peter's in front of the Pope or (to use a Rallyboy simile) like little Avram paying a visit to Horton Heath and failing to come up to size.

Mr Fry has only posted on this thread 160 times. A novice. I think we should forgive him for this appalling error of judgement as I doubt that he realises what he has done. I would suggest however that he retreats back to the main board and only returns on here when he has fully repented.

The real CB Fry was offered the throne of Albania. There is no way that this poster of the same name would be offered such an honour after this appalling lack of decorum !! How dare he come onto this thread populated by deluded nutjobs who worship daily at the shrine of Rallyboy and calmly attack our messiah . It is not the normal targets of CB Fry's wrath such as MLG suggesting that SMS should be enlarged or some poor soul that thinks that we should have fielded a weakened team in the FA cup but Rallyboy who we are talking about!! Insulting Rallyboy on here is like farting in St Peter's in front of the Pope or (to use a Rallyboy simile) like little Avram paying a visit to Horton Heath and failing to come up to size.

Mr Fry has only posted on this thread 160 times. A novice. I think we should forgive him for this appalling error of judgement as I doubt that he realises what he has done. I would suggest however that he retreats back to the main board and only returns on here when he has fully repented.

Indeed, CB Fry often talks sense on the main forum but you simply cannot attack Rally boy because he has posted a contrary view. Without Rally Boy's input this thread would have died a long time ago. In the meantime This charity malarkey is a dangerous contentious area. The skates are shameless and therefore the benefit of the doubt tells me they are using "this" to bolster coffers in a sly and underhand way. Never ever trust a skate.

you have to be pretty annoying to get blocked...

Congratulations! :)

Though I suspect you may be overqualified in that respect - personally I suspect you must be one of those bedwetting nutjobs blinded by hatred, and Phil finds your golfing celebrity encounter stories dull, while Granty thinks you moan too much about our fine rail services.

No wonder you were blocked, probably vocalising the questions that the few fear to think....brought it upon yourself!

That said, keep stoking the fire.

yep I'm sure it has been done for the best intentions but when they rattle their tins on the way to Bury I doubt the main selling technique will be it is to fund PFC , the majority of neutral money will be due to the young lad, and a cause (Naiomi House) that. I regularly contribute to.

This is the main gist, that I am sure got RB's goat.

I honestly doubt when they are rattling their tins enroute they will point out to any potential 'donators' that half of the funds will be going directly into the club's coffers. Anyone happy with that principle is welcome to call me any names they want. I doubt it will be anything I haven't been called before! However, my personal view is once a person has put their hand in the till before (stolen from charities) and got away with it, they will be inclined to try again in the future!!

In other exciting news, I've been blocked on Twitter by a well respected local journalist. That's going to put a serious dent into my annual post count on here. Every cloud....

Strangely he blocked me a while ago for disagreeing with him. He has since unblocked me. This leads me to assume he stalks my twitter.

I know he reads this very often. *wave* thanks for unblocking me Neil. I hope you enjoy my future tweets.

This is the main gist, that I am sure got RB's goat.

I honestly doubt when they are rattling their tins enroute they will point out to any potential 'donators' that half of the funds will be going directly into the club's coffers. Anyone happy with that principle is welcome to call me any names they want. I doubt it will be anything I haven't been called before! However, my personal view is once a person has put their hand in the till before (stolen from charities) and got away with it, they will be inclined to try again in the future!!

And this is what got my goat too, fair enough shaft the people of Portsmouth but are they going to give the full picture to Joe Public on the ride??

Strangely he blocked me a while ago for disagreeing with him. He has since unblocked me. This leads me to assume he stalks my twitter.

I know he reads this very often. *wave* thanks for unblocking me Neil. I hope you enjoy my future tweets.

I go blocked by him for asking a particularly penetrating question that he didn't like, it was no loss.....

Out of interest, how much did the saints foundation bike ride raise?

£18k and rising http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2014-big-bike-challenge-1508871.aspx

has anyone seen my goat?

I think it was last seen with Avram walking in the general direction of Horton Heath.

If a bike ride raises 6k when its advertised as an event to raise money for PFC, but a bike ride with a 50/50 charity split raises 16k , it will mean that by adding a charity people have donated more to PFC than would have been the case. Had they done it for the club and then donated half, that would have been different. If somebody asked me to donate to a 50/50 split with a local business and a charity, I wouldn't do so. I would want 100% of my money going to charity. If that makes me a ****, then so be it.

poopey.jpg

So you could meet all the local businesses previously shafted bythe club and compare stories, cheaper than a ticket to the High Court for an admin hearing!

That looks like a really classy do. I hope they remember to wash the tablecloths after they use them at their press conferences.

If a bike ride raises 6k when its advertised as an event to raise money for PFC, but a bike ride with a 50/50 charity split raises 16k , it will mean that by adding a charity people have donated more to PFC than would have been the case. Had they done it for the club and then donated half, that would have been different. If somebody asked me to donate to a 50/50 split with a local business and a charity, I wouldn't do so. I would want 100% of my money going to charity. If that makes me a ****, then so be it.

Not so Sir, I happen to agree with you.

Indeed, CB Fry often talks sense on the main forum ...

Really? I've only ever noticed critical, negative, patronising, snide and frankly offensive posts but maybe that's just me.

In more recent news, in Portsmouth yesterday evening one of our coaches was moaning about the recent banner flown over Fatpipes, and "it's started the war again" [i may be paraphrasing slightly]. It's not the sort of thing that regular decent fans etc etc. You wouldn't understand as you're not a regular blah blah.

"Er, sorry, I've got a season ticket at St. Marys"..

We could, of course, do a direct Nutjob collection for Naomi House..

poopey.jpg

So you could meet all the local businesses previously shafted bythe club and compare stories, cheaper than a ticket to the High Court for an admin hearing!

"Payment must be made in advance to secure your place"

Also to ensure we have enough money on hand to pay the caterers as they have withdrawn our credit line again ;)

And you get breakfast as well ☺

It includes VAT, I'm sure a lot of them will ask for a bit of VAT after the the breakfast thinking its a bit of road kill or a vole. Never would they think it was something the rest of society have been paying for decades

This can't be right, normally 250000 people turn out to greet such important buses in Portsmouth.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/ukip-bus-crashes-into-portsmouth-station-1-6025252

Ah, you mock but, the open top bus to southsea common celebrating staying up recently saw 250,....well, 250 turn out. It was actually only 50 but that figure doubled within a couple of days and continued to edge up ever since. In 20 years time they'll once again be reminiscing how "250,000 of the world's bestest turned out in League Two, eat that scummaaaahhhhs".

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})