Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

For those asking about the Hall of Fame, I have witnessed it, with my own eyes....

It's basically a wall of Poundland frames with pictures of old players in them, randomly hung slightly skew whiff for added drama - and each legend is accompanied by a shiny plaque fashioned from the finest perspex.

This gallery that oozes quality is in the same shrine that holds the great un-ironed tablecloth, while the aroma of fat hangs heavy in the air.

I assume the Perspex is transparent?

For those asking about the Hall of Fame, I have witnessed it, with my own eyes....

It's basically a wall of Poundland frames with pictures of old players in them, randomly hung slightly skew whiff for added drama - and each legend is accompanied by a shiny plaque fashioned from the finest perspex.

This gallery that oozes quality is in the same shrine that holds the great un-ironed tablecloth, while the aroma of fat hangs heavy in the air.

And with a choice of tour options.

You can either take the audio tour, which consists of a tin can attached to a piece of string, with commentary provided by ex-Magpie host and avid p****y fan Mick Robinson who for those wish to buy shares* will supply Susan Stranks' phone number.

The alternative is a personally guided tour by a volunteer dressed in the club uniform of oversized wonky blue and white chequered top hat, clowns trousers with braces, worn with no shirt but over a selection of garish, tasteless tattoos, accompanied by the sound of a clanging bell and various ner-ners.

I'd go.

I've been to worse museums.Halls of Fame.

*Make a generous donation

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/portsmouth-football-club-statement-2131557.aspx

Portsmouth Football Club commercial and marketing manager Micah Hall has left the club to pursue new professional challenges.

Micah arrived at Fratton Park in May 2013 when the new community club was founded.

He made a significant contribution to rebuilding relationships with the supporters and was responsible for securing several lucrative commercial and sponsorship deals, as well as overseeing a season ticket sales campaign that summer which saw more than 10,000 sold.

Pompey CEO Mark Catlin said: “Micah can be very proud of his achievements. His enthusiasm and passion for the club is immense.

“It should never be forgotten that, along with others, he also played a very significant role in ensuring the success of the community club bid in the first place through his campaigning blogs.

“The club would like to wish Micah all the best for the future, both personally and professionally.”

Micah added: “I have loved working for the football club and am proud to have been part of a great team of people who are getting our wonderful football club back on its feet and running it sustainably for the first time in years.

“The club is in good hands and it’s the right time for me to move on professionally. I remain, as I always have been and always will be, a proud Pompey fan.”

"It is understood a Fratton Park meeting had originally been scheduled for today – with chairman Iain McInnes and chief executive Mark Catlin to sit down with Awford, McLoughlin and Paul Hardyman to discuss a shake-up.

With the need to make room for a new coach, McLoughlin and Hardyman were under scrutiny, while the offer of an alternative role was to be discussed.

However, such plans were scuppered when Awford instead delivered the bombshell to McLoughlin on Thursday – and the Pompey hierarchy never got the chance to meet him.

McLoughlin added: ‘My future now is trying to sort this mess out.

‘You can’t negotiate if there isn’t a role to take. I decided in the end I was not prepared to hang around for months waiting for somebody to lose their job for me to take their role.

‘But I wish this great club every success.’" :mcinnes:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/macca-pays-pompey-tribute-1-6460974

Im sure they'll have no trouble upgrading to a top coach. The professional way this was handled will make it clear that poor results were entirely down to McGloughlin and competent coaches everywhere will relish the opportunity to work under Awford and McInnes.

Tesco appear to have made up figures and tried to con people into thinking that there is more value in the business that there actually is.

They've also proudly promoted new builds that will never happen.

I'm not sure that transparent pompey should be working with a company like that.

Asked by a Trust member who would foot the bill, he replied: ‘Not us.’

Trapani added: ‘The pitch will be dug up again in the summer.

‘We sincerely hope it will not be at the club’s expense.

Everything you need to know about transparency in three sentences.

The pitch is being dug up because: 'some of the soil has become sodden and as a result, the water won't run through to the drainage.

Ahhh that will be the fat

Worryingly though he said that he 'sincerely hopes it will not be at the club's expense

I'm sure it won't be - Very little is, they just need a decent campaign around donating Christmas money

So they now appear to have three substantial commercial disputes on their hands:-

* The availability of replica kits from their supplier

* The performance of their new pitch and drainage system

* The ongoing delays to their new first-team training facilities

Surely they must be seriously considering sacking their commercial manager.

So they now appear to have three substantial commercial disputes on their hands:-

* The availability of replica kits from their supplier

* The performance of their new pitch and drainage system

* The ongoing delays to their new first-team training facilities

Surely they must be seriously considering sacking their commercial manager.

I think that he has already left ?

#100397 posted by Trousers

Statement by Pompey on Micah Hall's departure. All very low key given the fanfares when he was appointed and the grand plans that were in the making. But he did manage to organise a big screen at Fatpipes on one occasion so that 100 fans could pay £6 to watch Pompey play away amid a lot of internet buffering!

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/portsmouth-football-club-statement-2131557.aspx

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/news/business/local-business/pompey-supporters-trust-treasurer-left-embarrassed-by-account-delay-1-6465949

The key part not signed off it the verification of their shareholding.

PROBABLY BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO SHARES!!!

Just a minute, the "Audited" accounts couldn't be produced on the 29th September because the accountancy company that is doing the auditing, Taylor Cocks :mcinness:, hadn't audited the account yet.

Roll forward 42 days and the "audited" accounts still aren't available, however in the article :-

The accounts relate to the financial year of April 1, 2013 to June 30 of this year.

Before being made publicly available, they must be audited.

Taylor Cocks, of Cosham, takes two days to do this job and provides it for free in preparation for the accounts to be submitted to the Financial Conduct Authority by January 31.

So, is it 2 days or 42 days we need to know...

Originally Posted by andysstuff

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/news/business/local-business/pompey-supporters-trust-treasurer-left-embarrassed-by-account-delay-1-6465949

Just a minute, the "Audited" accounts couldn't be produced on the 29th September because the accountancy company that is doing the auditing, Taylor Cocks :mcinness:, hadn't audited the account yet.

Roll forward 42 days and the "audited" accounts still aren't available, however in the article :-

The accounts relate to the financial year of April 1, 2013 to June 30 of this year.

Before being made publicly available, they must be audited.

Taylor Cocks, of Cosham, takes two days to do this job and provides it for free in preparation for the accounts to be submitted to the Financial Conduct Authority by January 31.

So, is it 2 days or 42 days we need to know...

2 days is .04% of 42 days. Or thereabouts.

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]Some_Skate_At_The_AGM Posted on 08/12/2014 23:07

tomorrows agenda at Trust meeting[/TD]

[TD=align: right]

Report Message | Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=align: right] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Overwhelmingly the motion on DC was defeated. Members felt it was the manager's call.

Motion to look at ways to raise the PST share back to 51% was supported - a mistake in my view. Funding of major stadium improvements won't be achieved this way. It emerged that putting the PST share back to 51% would cost the £25k in audit fees (to do with complexity of group accounts).

Balance sheet provided by the club for information didn't balance ...[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

:mcinnes:

I'm starting to wonder whether the figures stack up...

Then again it's difficult to know when the accounts are a secret!

Another thing I may have mentioned before - I see very little commercial talent on that board...

But Rome was not built in a day Rallyboy you old bitter Nutjob.....No, nor was it built by a load of blokes who love Rome but don't know anything about building things.

Missing accounts, internal bickering, midtable mediocrity at the ar$e end of the football pyramid - the saga rolls on...order more popcorn!

I'm starting to wonder whether the figures stack up...

Then again it's difficult to know when the accounts are a secret!

Another thing I may have mentioned before - I see very little commercial talent on that board...

But Rome was not built in a day Rallyboy you old bitter Nutjob.....No, nor was it built by a load of blokes who love Rome but don't know anything about building things.

Missing accounts, internal bickering, midtable mediocrity at the ar$e end of the football pyramid - the saga rolls on...order more popcorn!

Beer all over screen moment.

Wish the team's delivery in recent games was as good as yours. ;-)

Page 2009 post #100432 and your use of the word "starting" .... absolute genius. Thank You.

Edited by ericofarabia

Mr Trapani said: ‘‘There’s nothing sinister. No-one should read anything into it."

giphy.gif

[video=youtube_share;QkqKEUFVek8]

Full interview with Catlin here: http://www.player.portsmouthfc.co.uk/latest-news/article/4357639/date/20141210143000/page/0/name/the-big-interview--mark-catlin--part-1 (can be viewed with Saints Player login)

p.s. I don't think they could make the production quality of these videos look any more tin pot if they tried.

Edited by trousers

[video=youtube_share;QkqKEUFVek8]

Full interview with Catlin here: http://www.player.portsmouthfc.co.uk/latest-news/article/4357639/date/20141210143000/page/0/name/the-big-interview--mark-catlin--part-1 (can be viewed with Saints Player login)

p.s. I don't think they could make the production quality of these videos look any more tin pot if they tried.

Looks to me like the inside of an old public convienence.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})